No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved the episode -- it made me laugh more than anything I've seen on TV in quite a while. I can understand the irritation of people who wanted to see a more serious treatment of the rebellion, Daniel's feelings upon meeting up with the alternate timeline Jack, Sam, and Teal'c, etc. But to me, the point was humor, even to the point of parody -- taking the defining characteristics of our heroes and exaggerating them for fun.

If there was something serious underlying the comedic character assassination, I take it as the message that Sam and Jack et al. became the people they are because of each other and their mission -- had they not had that, their lives and even personalities would have been much different.

Even though it was humorous, loved Jack and Sam falling into each other's arms. I agree that the ending did tend to put Daniel and Teal'c a little too much into the shadows though.

Comment

I almost hate not being home on Friday nights (to spend time with my boyfriend) because I always worry about the VCR not working right.

Well, last night, was one of those nights. All I can think of (since it didn't tape anything I set up) is" I left the VCR on when I left the house just before dinner.

So, I missed everything that was on last night.

Any word on when repeats of the finales will be on?

Comment

I went back and forth with this episode but in the end..I was happy with the result as far as the blending of drama and comedy that SG-1 seems to have fallen into these last two seasons. Looking at the show from that perspective made it easier to just enjoy

Being a shipper I was of course happy to see Sam & Jack together and to have JM confirm that.

However I don't agree that Daneil or Teal'c didn't get to play a factor. Most of the first half hour was devoted to Teal'c and the first part M1 was devoted to Daniel so I believe all of the team got the spotlight throughout.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

My quarrel wasn't with the amount of attention Daniel and Teal'c got throughout the two-parter -- just the last scene. I loved the shippiness of the last three episodes of the season -- finally, some serious payoff! But I would have liked to see the emphasis on the four of them equally at the very end.

Re an earlier post about AT not being able to do "subtle." (Sorry, I'm a newbie, and haven't got the hang of the quote feature yet.) I respectfully disagree! I think she's had ample opportunity to do subtle over the past eight years, and has done it impressively. But that was hardly what any of them were going for here!

Comment

Watching it for the second time last night, with a few weeks since I first saw it, it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered. The first time through I wasn't really sure how I felt about it. This time around, I found it to be okay, halfway entertaining and bearable.

I still think they should have ended the season with Threads though.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jace021903
              While I liked part 1 of Mobius, I was disappointed in part 2.

There were too many "what were they thinking moments?" Too much parody and no emotional payoff.

I decided that I like the Alt Team in small doses, not for 1 1/2 episodes--except Alt Teal'c--he was cool.

Alt Jack hitting on Alt Sam on a mission? She is still a civilian under his command. Where exactly was the payoff in their groping each other--they just met; there were no feelings attached. They came across as hormonal idiots.

Daniel and Alt Teal'c are saving the timeline and Alt Jack and Sam are doing it in the jumper?

It would have been nice to see some reaction from Alt Sam at losing ALt Daniel as they seemed to have bonded. Jack seemed to care less about Kawalsky after they had made such a big deal about Jack only coming on the mission because of him.

The worst was that our Daniel had no reaction when his friends whom he probably saw executed showed up and he just acted annoyed. OK, there weren't exactly his friends but a little reaction would have been nice.

Wasn't much of a goodbye to RDA--I didn't like his character through most of the episode.

Oh well, season 8 is history and the season 9 promo looked very interesting.

Jace
              You've hit exactly my points. Thank goodness this isn't the episode the show went out on. This was a piece of fluff. The only saving thing about it, is that since the future was changed in a way it never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
                So inturn since sg1 ended up not altering anything in the past, except for moving the location of the ZPM, the real sg1 never had to go back into the past, same with making the city fail-safe and rising to the surface.
                OK. I got that much figured out now. There was a fish in Jack's pond all along. OK. But then can someone please tell me why the fish decided to jump out of the water at the end of Moebius, but not at the end of Threads!!??
                Originally posted by sharky277
                The last scene is the end of Threads but how does that fit? The only reason Daniel found the information that there might be a ZPM in ancient egypt was from Catherine Langfords(sp?) collection that she left him when she died. Then they did an aerial sweep and didn't find it. So sticking with the timeline, they should have found the ZPM and the tape during the sweep and so after Threads. Explanation please?!
                *slams head on desk in frustration* Did anyone figure this one out yet?
                I believe I'm going to become clinically insane if I don't figure something out here.
                But seriously guys....I need answers!!! Kree!!!

BTW, has anyone else realized that if the stupid fish hadn't jumped out of the water at the end of Moebius, we'd all be perfectly fine with how the episode ended? It would have all been one smooth connection, as if nothing had ever happened to change anything. But NOOO....they just had to go ahead and stick a stupid fish in there. Why? Why? WHY? Stupid fish -- ruining my life like that. It deserves to be shot. Repeatedly.
                There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

This was a somewhat disappointing season finale. Luckily, Siege II was there to make my day.
                  Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

I liked it. I thought it was hooky but smiled here and there. I even laughed a few times. The Kiss was fun and the "Your Hot" moment was cool because you know that’s what he has always thought every time she went into the scientist mumbo jumbo talk. I really like the Ault. Carter’s goofy smile. What was that? The special effects were really bad and I have had enough of the Jack/Sam ship. I'm glad that the Ault. Carter/Jack can live together in happy bliss in Egypt and have many Egyptian children. I just don't want to see it any more. It was like eating too much chocolate you love it while you’re eating it but afterwards you feel really gross. I've had enough of the whole personal relationship stuff as a whole. There was so much sap I have now decided that I am looking forward to session nine. I'm ready to see the reason there is an SG1. I want to guns, villains and a lot of fighting. I agree season nine will bring back the RDA we all love. I was also put off by Daniels reaction to seeing the Ault. Team. He was very cranky. But liked the moment when Teal'c said "Trust me." When organizing the revolt. Very cool you knew it was going to be okay. It was good and bad but mostly good.

Comment

I wanted to see AU Daniel and our Daniel, together. That would be funny.

Comment

Wow...all i can say is...what GARBAGE! The 2 part finale was horrible. Just horrible. That was a type of 2 part that should have been in the middle of the season because there was about 3 seconds of exciting part. Lots of talking..no real story development that people will think back and say "I loved that". Just horrible. 2 Thumbs down. Atlantis was excellent though.
                        When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                        I miss you.
                        Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

I was away last night travelling and my TiVo cr@pp#d out and I didn't get the final minutes of "The Siege II"

I got everything until Shepard flies up in the jumper with the Genii nuke and cloaks the ship.

Can some one PLEASE give em the rest of the story from there.

I hate Tivo when the times don't match !!!

Thank you for the help !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            according to joe, the sg1 that we saw at the end was our sg1. there may have been some changes in the world in general, but they were our sg1

and on a humorous note...check out the mysterious egyptian pine forest in the back ground

http://www.jackfic.com/multimedia/sc...iusPt2_234.htm
                            The lack of lush pine forests in our modern egypt is completely due to major planetary shift over 5000 years. And the impact of global warming. Oh yeah, and magnets.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I've been reading the past couple pages of posts and am not as confused as I was last night.

I agree with most everything Jace said a page or so ago.

AU Sam and Jack seemed forced to me. All of a sudden came the "you're hot" comment. They just met. Then the makeout session in the ship. Not very professional on Jack's part.

I was pissed they killed Geeky Daniel. Not only killed, but tortured and Goa'ulded. *shakes fist at TPTB* I wanted to see Geeky Daniel meet up with his counterpart. I understand the scene would've been complicated to shoot, but would've been funny.

Enjoyed the Jack/Daniel banter. "I was sure I mentioned it on the tape." LOL!

Didn't expect Geeky Daniel to act like Thelma from Scooby-Doo when he lost his glasses. Does our Daniel have that poor of eyesight?

Loved part 1, but they dropped the ball in part 2. Should've just ended the season with Threads. Saved us all a lot of aggravation.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                according to joe, the sg1 that we saw at the end was our sg1. there may have been some changes in the world in general, but they were our sg1

and on a humorous note...check out the mysterious egyptian pine forest in the back ground

I'm sorry, but I have a problem with that "explanation" by JM. If the world has changed in general then, like it or not, it isn't "our" SG1, because it's no longer the original reality. Yeah, as Jack says, "It's close enough" to look like ours, but it isn't. Either it's the exact same reality or it isn't; and since they are admitting that things have changed in general, then it isn't. And that means it isn't the same team.

More importantly, our four people went back 5,000 years to ancient Egypt--AND DIED THERE. All of them. Therefore, the current incarnation of SG1 that does *not* go back cannot be the same four people.

Which, I'm sorry, is a rotten way to end eight years of SG-1.

I think the PTB blew it. They simply did not think it through all the way. Maybe they meant it as a joke, but in context, the fish, the different posture of Jack, the change in the dialogue (Sam to Jack), the change in the way the Jack responds (totally different tone and manner of saying, "Let's not dwell."--much warmer in Moebius than in Threads)--all say that there has been a change.

Added to that, I thought the two eps together were a big, "Meh." They would have been OK in the middle of the season (perhaps) but not as the season (and possible series) ender. Especially not after "REckoning" and "Threads". The whole thing happened too fast, with not enough explanation. Has Ra been overthrown when Daniel, Teal'c and friends show up at the ship? Or do they still have to get the ship working and take the gate? There's no definitive statement as to where they stand in terms of the rebellion.

I found Daniel's reaction to seeing the alternate SG1 or to describing his teammates deaths odd, to say the least. Could he have seemed more indifferent? (He also seemed to keep blaming Sam, didn't he?) I liked the alternate Daniel better.

In terms of S/J, I did find the change in Sam's dialogue interesting (amazing what one little word can do!) and I liked the changes with Jack, too. BTW, it now makes S/J four-for-four: four realities (including the original one), four S/J.

Sort of makes it a universal constant, doesn't it?

J.
                                Last edited by DarkQuee1; 26 March 2005, 05:08 PM.
                                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Working...
                                X