Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Joe,

Thanks again for answering our questions... I love it.

Could you please tell us when you are writting an episode do you ever think about the fans? what they would like to happen? any ideas that they might have or something that you know for sure is going to blow us out?

Rina

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Aither

1- What about the Harsiesis Shifu (how do you spell "harsiesis" ?) ? He is ascended and he must know the Others
      Spoiler:
      and the new enemy : the Orii (and how do you spell "Orii" ?)
      . We have not seen Shifu since season 5. He could play a great role in season 9. So, will Shifu return in season 9 ?
      - Yes. Shifu and the Ancients know the new enemy - but it is unlikely that Shifu will be making an appearance in season 9.
      Originally posted by Aither
      2- The season 9 will see the arrival of new enemies. My question is : Will Stargate SG-1 start from scratch with season 9, allowing new viewers to understand virtually what happens ?
      Thanks and bye
      We are not starting from scratch. We are building upon our established universe. However, with the introduction of our new characters, storylines, and villains - season 9 would be an ideal time for new viewers to hop aboard.
      Last edited by Skydiver; 26 March 2005, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
        Thanks for answering, but any chance you can expand the second answer a bit ?
        - It's business rather than personal.
        Also in another answer you say Sam is far, far away in the beguinning of S9, do you mean in another galaxy?
        - It's possible.

When you write an episode that involves previously seen caracters do you check whether the actors are available before writing the episode or the other way round?
        - We will write the episode for our main cast of characters and hope that any other actors will be available on the shooting days. Occasionally, as in the case of Wallace Shawn who will be appearing as Arlos in The Ties That Bind, we may make an adjustment to the schedule if possible. On other occasions, like in Summit in which Jay Bourne was unavailable and it was impossible to change the production schedule, we changed the script.
        Last edited by Skydiver; 26 March 2005, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
          Hi Joe! I don't know if this has been asked yet but when it's time to do a clip show how do you guys choose the director or writer? Do you draw straws?
          Whoever is free to work on the script usually gets stuck - er, I mean - has the pleasure of writing the clip show. The show is then slotted into the production (and directors') schedule which has been established well in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
            Hi Joe,

Sounds like you're well into writing for S9 now. Can you give us any more info on the new guy on SG-1 - Cameron Mitchell? His backstory, his personality, etc.
            - Any information I give you here won't do justice to the character. Tune in to the season premiere and see for yourself.
            Last edited by Skydiver; 26 March 2005, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Joe,

For some reason all of Colonel Everett's lines seemed to have been re-looped... was there a problem with his dialogue as recorded in studio, or am I just imagening things again?

-IMF
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Regarding the comment about Damian above, being an Aussie I'd relish the chance to talk to him/interview him. What would be the best way to contact him? To get the Aussie persceptive on the SG Universe from an "insiders" point of view. If there are official channels that must be followed etc, where would one find those channels, so that they may be properly followed? .
                Write to him, care of the production offices. Or contact our publicist and she will talk to Damian and arrange an interview.
                Last edited by Skydiver; 26 March 2005, 10:08 AM. Reason: quote tag fix

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  Joe--
                  You've said several times that Rob Cooper is showrunner for SG-1 and Brad Wright is doing the same on Atlantis. That being the case, how involved was Brad in "Moebius" (the almost series finale) and in developing the new direction for season nine?
                  Brad was very involved in both and continues to be very involved in SG-1, sitting in on all the story meetings and discussions that relate to the show's direction.

Comment

Joe,

I believe I saw somewhere that RDA was doing some filming in California for Season nine. I would think with special effects it would be fairly straightforward to meld that film in with the Canadian filming a la Carter and RepliCarter or even simpler if he does not share the screen. Assuming his daughter is about to start school at least part of the day, and that the sets used (or outdoors) were not too expensive, might that be a way for a larger RDA presence in season nine than otherwise?

I suspect a stargate sg1 with numerous new characters but little RDA and hence no shipping Sam/RDA, no RDA-Daniel and RDA-Tealc interaction, might be interesting, but to me, imho, it would be a lot less than the stargate sg1 I know and love. I still miss Don Davis and Teryl,

Thanks.

Comment

Joe,

The Genii seemed somewhat cooperative in Siege, Part 2, so I was wondering whether they will still be our enemy in Season 2 of SGA.

--S.Cat
                      Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Mr. Mallozzi - I just discovered this thread - thank you for taking time to answer our questions.

I've become a big SGA fan but I am concerned with all the spoilers I've read about season 2 - that they're changing too much. Sheppard no longer senior military officer, something wierd with Ford, adding a new character. Why change so much when you have a product that works? Will Sheppard still be in charge of an offworld team and will Rodney still be on that team? I fear if we lose the Sheppard/McKay dynamic the show will not be as good.

I've noticed Dr. Zelenka has had a larger presence in the last half of season 1 - any plans to make him a regular cast member? Are they reducing McKay's role to add more Zelenka? It seems a bit like it.

Did the actors get raises for season two? I think they should - they're doing a terrific job?

One more, why does Daniel sometimes wear his glasses and sometimes he doesn't?

Comment

Joe, I am really interested to see a lot more exploration and less (MUCH less) of characters love lives this season. What are the chances? Will Sam stop being purely defined by her desire to have a relationship with her boss?
                          lee

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                            Whoever is free to work on the script usually gets stuck - er, I mean - has the pleasure of writing the clip show. The show is then slotted into the production (and directors') schedule which has been established well in advance.
                            Any chance of always making Carl Binder free to work on the Atlantis clip show? BiS was brilliant.

Comment

Hi, Joe,

I'm curious, when you guys were filming the Moebius eps, did you know the show had been renewed for a 9th season?

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

just a quick couple questions, joe:

1. was there a specific reason behind ending both parts of the siege with a TBC over a close-up on sheppard?? or was this purely coincidence?

2. was kavanagh's line about the geneva convention and aliens in letters from pegasus a throw-back to martin's line on the same subject in point of no return? or was it again just coincidence?

thanks
                                Last edited by emily_reich; 27 March 2005, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X