Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my new favorite sci-fi/fantasy movie is Resident Evil Apocolypse, that was a good movie
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      Favorite SciFi movie. Contact. But I could watch Jodie Foster read a telephone book. In fact, I watched an entire documentary about Chinese dam building because she was narrating it.
      I remember that documentary! I watched it for the same reason, but it was interesting too.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
        I remember that documentary! I watched it for the same reason, but it was interesting too.
        hehe, well, yeah, it was interesting too. But it was Jodie Foster

Comment

Contact was good. I also enjoyed 2001: A Space Oddessy. However my favourites remain as the Star Wars Triology (IV, V, VI) coming in close second is Star Trek :: First Contact.

Others include: The Last Starfighter, Star Trek IV & VI, Flight of the Navagator, and Highlander IV
          Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
          www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
          2 Cor 4:7

Comment

Favorite Fantasy : LOTR Trilogy followed by Star Wars Trilogy (IV, etc.)
            Favorite Sci-fi: That’s a little harder. I can’t put a finger on just one at the moment so here are a couple: Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Abyss, Contact, Aliens, Terminator 2.

Here are some other sci-fi and/or fantasy movies that I really like in the general order of their release.

The Time Machine (original)
            Mad Max
            The Final Countdown (Thanks joshing123 for reminding me of that one)
            E.T.
            Wargames
            The Terminator
            The Last Starfighter
            Gremlins
            Ladyhawke
            Flight of the Navigator
            Maximum Overdrive (the original)
            Edward Scissorhands
            Groundhog Day
            Jurassic Park
            Stargate
            Independence Day
            Star Trek: First Contact
            Gattaca
            Men in Black (I want my money back for MIB 2)
            The X-Files: Fight the Future
            Galaxy Quest
            Paycheck

Doh. Forgot Spaceballs.

Originally posted by Axle
            Others include: The Last Starfighter, Star Trek IV & VI, Flight of the Navagator, and Highlander IV
            Nice to see someone else who likes those two.
            Last edited by LoneStar1836; 28 June 2005, 09:44 PM.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
              The Abyss, Terminator 2.
              The X-Files: Fight the Future
              Now, here's someone after my own heart. I really love the above-mentioned, but Gattaca stays my favorite. Watched it again the other day and realized for the first time that Tony "Monk" Shalhoub's in there!

I really liked most of the others LoneStar mentioned as well.

Comment

Logans Run, I love that flick

That girl is so hot!
                Last edited by *RA; 29 September 2004, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Back To The Future(trilogy)
                  Independence Day
                  Galaxy Quest
                  Star Trek VI:The Undiscovered Country
                  from tv
                  Taken

i have tons of them here but way too many to list all
                  this is funny i guess

Comment

hhmmmm....metropolis (without the sad rock score)

star wars..nothing like sitting in the cinema, seeing that first ship fly over and going 'woah, that's impressive'..then the REALLY big ship flies overhead...

time bandits..need i explain why? god is ralph richardson..and sean connery as a greek hero and a fireman. plus bizarre plot i still don't fully understand, but i don't care

princess bride..so funny, yet so romantic (actually, pirates of the carribbean too)

does signs count? despite what sam said about it, it scared the crap out of me.

independence day...yay, lets go for the big bucks, super spectacular movie that blows up the white house! plus it was orginally going to be the sequel to stargate

bladerunner. directors cut. deckard is so a replicant (or is it a replicator?)

and jason and the argonauts. those skeletons gave me nightmares for years (and ray harryhausen was so pleased when i told him that)

i left out lord of the rings and harry potter cos, well, they're kind of a given, aren't they? but it's extended versions of LOTR i enjoy most...ten extra minutes of boromir in TT, giving of the gifts by galadriel in FOTR. can't wait to see what's extra in ROTK
                    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

o'yeah, forgot about The Last Starfighter, I loved that one two.

Comment

There are a ton of movies that I really enjoy. Star Wars: A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are probably the highest on the list, although Stargate, Minority Report, The Matrix, Solaris, Dune, Alien, Pitch Black and The Abyss are there as well.

To... many... choices...
                        A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Working...
                        X