No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whumpers are getting whumped! Lorr, Pocus, Syble, Vec and everyone else, hope you feel better soon.

I leave you two more (albeit blurry but hopefully well worth it) pics to help you through the day.
    Spoiler:
    I forget which question this was from...

Here, his hands are in constant movement and he ran his hand down his shirt front while fielding Magg's question and must have sensed his shirt untucked. So, without thought, just tucked in his shirt. You'll see better on the vid once I get that up and running.

Hey, this is shirt whump!
    Last edited by Skylore; 10 November 2009, 08:36 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      *peeks in*

Hello! My name is ruffles and I'm a Shep whumper.

Thought I might need to introduce myself since I haven't been around in a while. How's everyone today? Anything interesting happen in the past 6 or so weeks that I've missed?
      Hmm, you seem vaguely familiar...

Hey Ruffles! How're you doing? RL keeping you busy?

Paging back, you'll see lots of con reports and pics, SGU and TPTB discussions... Joe is in negotiation for something but he won't say what.

Wish I can stay but I should really head out to work. Later.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Syble. You're right, it may be Joe withdrawal, too! LOL

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
        I'm still amazed I managed to get my question for JF out without looking like a total idiot.

Micheal Shanks was sweet, but I think he also knows what the fangirls want.

Feeling kind of sick today too, but I have to go back to the grind - literally - got to grind up some fungi for DNA extraction.

Will buy my VanCon ticket tonight - hopefully I'll be near you and sgafan.
        Feel better! Yes, buy ticket, soon!!

You did great asking questions!

*peeks in*

Hello! My name is ruffles and I'm a Shep whumper.

Thought I might need to introduce myself since I haven't been around in a while. How's everyone today? Anything interesting happen in the past 6 or so weeks that I've missed?
        Ruffles! (((HUGS))) Great to see ya!

Skylore, those pics are, well, GUH!!

Comment

Gah! Desperate to buy VanCon ticket! You guys are killing me!
          sigpic

Comment

This is what happens when I can't get into my LJ account....

picture heavy Whump under spoiler
            Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skylore View Post
              A quick check in before I head to work. Hope to get my LJ updated today.

I don't know. My report will be just that... guh.

I can see what you mean. Although, many of Sheppard's post Rising decisions/mistakes stem from his major character flaw too - his need to protect and leave no person behind at all costs. Hot Zone, Miller's Crossing being some examples. And threatening the Manarians in The Eye resulted in the Genii invasion. Then we can throw in some of the more silly moments like in The Tower. Are they mistakes or are they heroic choices? It's not canon but we have speculated that Sheppard's character flaw stem from military indoctrination and radicalized by something from his personal past. It's still a personal weekness but it's a weekness that I can identify, appreciate and embrace. Given the choice, I'd take Sheppard and Atlantis over the castaways on the Icarus, any day.
              You've hit the nail on the head there. Sheppard is likable, the SGUers I find kind of skeevey.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylore View Post
                Hmm, you seem vaguely familiar...

Hey Ruffles! How're you doing? RL keeping you busy?

Paging back, you'll see lots of con reports and pics, SGU and TPTB discussions... Joe is in negotiation for something but he won't say what.

Wish I can stay but I should really head out to work. Later.
                I'm doing fine. Between vacation, big bang, a zine submission and other stuff, I've had very little time. However, big bang goes live this week (I think), my zine submission has been turned in, and most of the little stuff has been taken care of.

Looking forward to hearing what Joe's negotiating for.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  It's too bad he's so down on SGA because they actually addressed this very problem (the pitfalls of arrogance, not the hazards of poor PR) in Trinity.
                  Or wait, maybe I'm misremembering, and now Mallozzi will have to straighten me out about McKay also never making any mistakes.
                  Although (and please don't ban me from the thread for defending Mallozzi) I think what Mallozzi may have meant when he said Sheppard rarely made mistakes was that Sheppard didn't make mistakes due to personal weakness. Sheppard's mistakes, like waking the Wraith, were from unforseen consequences, not from cowardice or selfishness or arrogance. Those kind of mistakes, mistakes from a flawed character, are, I think , what JM sees as being more common in SGU.
                  I disagree, I think Sheppard's stubborness (which I love btw ) is a character flaw that has put people in danger on several occasions; Hot Zone, Phantoms (Holland) and Quarantine come to mind.

Good to see ya Ruffles!
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    You've hit the nail on the head there. Sheppard is likable, the SGUers I find kind of skeevey.
                    Tried watching SG-Ew, really I did. I took on board the notion that you can't adequately discuss a subject unless you are truly informed. Having said that - OT for SG-EWspeak - and bear in mind this is anti-SG-Ew and I'm well and truly seething, not to mention generally well pissy with the universe just now -
                    Spoiler:
                    the show stinks. The premise is awkward, the plot is full of holes, the episodes are beyond dull and samey, the dialogue is trite and questionable, the characterizations are inconsistent, the actors are seriously iffy - David Blue isn't doing to bad a job given his youth and the odds stacked against him, but I am disappointed with Robert Carlyle's overracting. His hissyfits just wind me up. He has not nailed the character. I just don't give a rat's arse about any single one of them. Chloe is a whiney wimp, and I just want to smack her one. In fact, I want to smack all of them, and they can effing well fry for all I care. None of them deserve to represent humanity on the other side of the cosmos. Im not rooting for them. They make me want the cockroaches to achieve dominion over the universe. As for the intermittent boinking - gimme a bloody break! Half the fun is the sexual tension, not the release of it. See X-Files, for instance - it took Mulder and Scully foreverrr to hit the sack! Look how half of us are shippers re Shep, but we're all over the place, from Sheyla to Shweir to McShep! (Personally, I'm a bit of Shtrey shipper... ) Where's the integrity with Telford going after Young's wiffy? What the eff is up with her that she doesn't have a problem boinking hubby's mind in another man's body? Well, they're both butt ugly... how she can do it with either of them in broad daylight I cannot begin to fathom... Another gripe, as oooh, I am sooo not done yet - were they given a script and told 'action', with no direction? None of them has a bloody clue! It's a freakin' freeforall! Actor, direct thyself! The shaky camerawork has its place in moderation, but not throughout. Grr. I don't see this lasting. Why TPTB are not peeing in their pants is beyond me. Instead, they stomp their feet in a temper tantrum that no-one but mommy, a 'talent' coach and some second cousin twice removed is cooing over their precious, faux-tanned, smothered in make-up, talentless pageant princess. I'd laugh if it weren't for the fact that they made sacrifice, and we lost our beloved team for this claptrap.
                    Last edited by Strey; 10 November 2009, 10:18 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strey View Post
                      Tried watching SG-Ew, really I did. I took on board the notion that you can't adequately discuss a subject unless you are truly informed. Having said that - OT for SG-EWspeak - and bear in mind this is anti-SG-Ew and I'm well and truly seething, not to mention generally well pissy with the universe just now -
                      Spoiler:
                      the show stinks. The premise is awkward, the plot is full of holes, the episodes are beyond dull and samey, the dialogue is trite and questionable, the characterizations are inconsistent, the actors are seriously iffy - David Blue isn't doing to bad a job given his youth and the odds stacked against him, but I am disappointed with Robert Carlyle's overracting. His hissyfits just wind me up. He has not nailed the character. I just don't give a rat's arse about any single one of them. Chloe is a whiney wimp, and I just want to smack her one. In fact, I want to smack all of them, and they can effing well fry for all I care. None of them deserve to represent humanity on the other side of the cosmos. Im not rooting for them. They make me want the cockroaches to achieve dominion over the universe. As for the intermittent boinking - gimme a bloody break! Half the fun is the sexual tension, not the release of it. See X-Files, for instance - it took Mulder and Scully foreverrr to hit the sack! Look how half of us are shippers re Shep, but we're all over the place, from Sheyla to Shweir to McShep! (Personally, I'm a bit of Shtrey shipper... ) Where's the integrity with Telford going after Young's wiffy? What the eff is up with her that she doesn't have a problem boinking hubby's mind in another man's body? Well, they're both butt ugly... how she can do it with either of them in broad daylight I cannot begin to fathom... Another gripe, as oooh, I am sooo not done yet - were they given a script and told 'action', with no direction? None of them has a bloody clue! It's a freakin' freeforall! Actor, direct thyself! The shaky camerawork has its place in moderation, but not throughout. Grr. I don't see this lasting. Why TPTB are not peeing in their pants is beyond me. Instead, they stomp their feet in a temper tantrum that no-one but mommy, a 'talent' coach and some second cousin twice removed is cooing over their precious, faux-tanned, smothered in make-up, talentless pageant princess. I'd laugh if it weren't for the fact that they made sacrifice, and we lost our beloved team for this claptrap.

So, Strey, not keen then, huh?

Hi, Ruffles. Nice to see you back. Sounds like you've been busy!
                      sigpic
                      My Fan Fiction Page
                      My LJ Fics

Comment

Originally posted by Strey View Post
                        I'd laugh if it weren't for the fact that they made sacrifice, and we lost our beloved team for this claptrap.
                        That says it all for me right there!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shepsgirl72 View Post
                          So, Strey, not keen then, huh?

Spotted that then, eh? You and Syb both!
                          sigpic

Comment

OT for SGU ratings:
                            Spoiler:
                            "The drop off in SGU ratings is perhaps not quite as alarming as White Collar dropping from 5.075 million down to below four million, but there have been consecutive weekly drops for Stargate Universe and Friday it was down to 1.626 million viewers (live+SD). A week earlier it averaged 1.974 so that’s still almost an 18% drop week over week…"
                            http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/09...only-one/33088
                            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                              Good to see ya Ruffles!
                              Hiya, hon. What's shakin'?

Originally posted by shepsgirl72 View Post
                              Thanks! I love to stay busy but sometimes I focus on one thing to the exclusion of all else and then I have to spend days (weeks? months?) playing catch up.

What's going on with the whumpers these days?
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                OT for SGU ratings:
                                Spoiler:
                                "The drop off in SGU ratings is perhaps not quite as alarming as White Collar dropping from 5.075 million down to below four million, but there have been consecutive weekly drops for Stargate Universe and Friday it was down to 1.626 million viewers (live+SD). A week earlier it averaged 1.974 so that’s still almost an 18% drop week over week…"
                                http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/09...only-one/33088
                                Hmmm...

OT for SGU:

Spoiler:
                                The figures seem to speak for themselves. Seems like people have given SGU a shot, but quite a number are deciding it's not for them. I imagine many shows experience a drop off after the premier, but 18% sounds an awful lot to me.

Thanks! I love to stay busy but sometimes I focus on one thing to the exclusion of all else and then I have to spend days (weeks? months?) playing catch up.

What's going on with the whumpers these days?
                                The whumpers are mostly buzzing with LA Con squee at the moment, but there are several whumpers far more qualified than I to update you on that, so I'll leave the details to them while I sit back and enjoy the slow leak of photos and reports.
                                sigpic
                                My Fan Fiction Page
                                My LJ Fics

Comment

Working...
                                X