Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not-so-much-in-Burbank, Baby '09!!! (Official SG Con, Los Angeles 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    Here are some photos from Friday
    Thanks for posting these so quickly!

Cliff Simon is up next.
    (pics spoilered for size)
    Spoiler:

*sigh* Tsk, he's so hard to look at...

Spoiler:

During Star Hole, Sgt. Harriman "opens" the "stargate".
    Bwahahaha...were the audience required to make the ka-woosh sound?

Spoiler:

Sgt. Harriman types in the gate address while Major Carter (Dean Haglund) keeps an eye on things.
    Oh dear....it looks very funny. Was it as good as / better than it looks?

Comment

Originally posted by scaperfan View Post

*sigh* Tsk, he's so hard to look at...

Bwahahaha...were the audience required to make the ka-woosh sound?

No audience Ka-wooshing sound that I remember from 2008 GateCon and Creation Vancouver this year!!
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
        Photo ops were next up, and our photo ops with Ryan from earlier were all ready printed and ready for pickup! Just realised I haven't mentioned Ryan's panel much so I'll get back to that.
        There was then a brief break which gave us time to get another autograph ticket for our photo op pics and see some more of the vendor stuff.
        Dean Hagland signed the Starhole photo montage I put together from when I was on stage and chatted to us about a few things.
        The autograph session was really nice - got several minutes with Ryan and Cliff, and personalisation on all my pictures.
        I had a picture of Ryan and Chris Heyerdahl I'd taken at the Gateworld dinner in Vancouver, and Ryan was chatting to me about it. I thanked him for pulling my name out of the bag and winning me the grand prize and he said "You're welcome", and then I apologised for squealing unexpectedly right beside him when he did it. Comprehension dawned on his face and he said "Oh that was you!!" and laughed.

We then went and had dinner, but the restaurants had waiting lines when we came out so I hope everyone is fed and watered by now.
        Starhole is on later tonight, with Karaoke at 10.40. Having a blast so far.
        Will post more later.
        Love the pictures of you singing with Ryan, TOO COOL!!!
        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
        VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Love the pictures AG, TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

If you all want to see the evidence of that insane Karaoke evening with Ryan, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUoVumQBNj0
            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Well a very full day today with Ben, Gary, Paul, and Joe.
              It's a little after 2am now so a full Saturday con report will come tomorrow (it takes time to type all those words!)

Briefly I'll say breakfast with Paul and Gary was fun, Ben was very good - a real surprise from what I was expecting, Paul and Joe were in great spirits and we had a lot of fun at our photo ops and their talks, and the autographs were well paced and chatty (with personalisations).

Can't believe it's all over tomorrow. Noooooooooo
              The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
              Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Well a very full day today with Ben, Gary, Paul, and Joe.
                It's a little after 2am now so a full Saturday con report will come tomorrow (it takes time to type all those words!)
                Thanks for typing all those words so far! Much appreciated by the poor Aussies (and others) left back home to dream about the con...

Briefly I'll say breakfast with Paul and Gary was fun, Ben was very good - a real surprise from what I was expecting, Paul and Joe were in great spirits and we had a lot of fun at our photo ops and their talks, and the autographs were well paced and chatty (with personalisations).
                Can't believe it's all over tomorrow. Noooooooooo
                Did they combine the FS and SG actors for a big combined brekky, or was Ben there as part of the SG brekky? I keep forgetting he was there for the SG con too...

Yeah, your Sunday hasn't even really started yet, and ours is pretty much over! Have fun on the last day, make lots of nice memories! (and take pics, they last longer...and feel free to share those too, of course )

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                  If you all want to see the evidence of that insane Karaoke evening with Ryan, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUoVumQBNj0
                  Thanks for posting. Totally COOL!!!
                  MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                  MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                  POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                  VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

You all must be having a fabulous time because there's not been a post since early this morning!
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, everyone! I met Ben and Claudia today! What's amazing is that I did not faint or seem to drool any! I even managed to get a few words out to them. All in all, a pretty successful convention.

Comment

Briefly I'll say breakfast with Paul and Gary was fun, Ben was very good - a real surprise from what I was expecting,
                        I'm just curious... why were you surprised that Ben was good during you talk? And why were you expecting him not to be good?

Comment

Okay folks...more photos. I'm sure that once everyone gets home, there will be lots of others posted. But, since I was totally exhausted Saturday night, here are both Saturday's and Sundays images:

Please DO NOT TAKE THESE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION

Mr. Robert Picardo, who was as hilarious as ever.

The best image I could get of Claudia and Ben, since I didn't have a seat in the Farscape con.

Paul McGillion and Gary Jones at the Breakfast

Gary Jones chats with fans at their table. I took this before we were told that pictures were not allowed. I'd forgotten that rule. Ooops.

Gary and Paul just after the breakfast and in a great mood. Paul told us that he is now officially engaged. Congratulations, Paul!!

Paul with his Starbucks coffee.

Michael Shanks called me "The Angry Canadian", because I was defending the quality of Canadian T.V. shows. He seems to absolutely hate Steve Bacic's "The Guard".

Michael Shanks signs his name to one of the four banners on either side of the stage.
                          Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 08 November 2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Rebel View Post
                            Wow, everyone! I met Ben and Claudia today! What's amazing is that I did not faint or seem to drool any! I even managed to get a few words out to them. All in all, a pretty successful convention.
                            Yay! I'm a tad jealous!
                            Isn't he lovely in person? I only 'met' Claudia at her photo op a few years back, so said "hi", and that was it...but Ben, wow, he's just such a nice guy.

I hear Claude brought her little fella onto the stage?

Comment

Please Do Not Take These Images Without Permission

Joe Flanigan shows how Paul McGillion put him in a headlock when they were goofing around at Wrestling in a hotel in Canada. Joe said he "didn't tap out, so, McGillion technically didn't win."

Joe considers a question.

Joe gets a phone call from the missus. Because of a question from a fan, he asks her if she thinks he's a flirt.

Atlantis writer, Martin Gero.

Comment

Originally posted by scaperfan View Post

Gary Jones and Dean Haglund were hilarious. I've seen Star Hole three times now, and every time they add something new that is funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X