A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
    TYS, those look awesome. I may pick up the 12" line to do the same.
    Thanks mate,
    If you need any help sourcing gear for them you know where to ask

Kindest regards
    Tys
    Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
    Thor: O'Neill.
    Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
    Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
    Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by highwayman57 View Post
      Hey everybody, I'm the guy who supplied Tys with the patches for his figures. If you're interested in patches for your own figures, PM me and I'll give you further details.

David
      LOL you beat me to it mate
      I'd posted a link on page 37 to the OSW thread,didn't notice you'd already posted LOL,

Tys
      Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
      Thor: O'Neill.
      Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
      Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
      Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

I got the P-90 harness finished. I've made one for Carter and one for Jack. Still tweaking my design. Once I get it like I want it, I'll get pics up and take orders if anyone wants them. I also made a pistol belt that now attaches to the vest itself, with a drop down holster and various interchangeable gear. (knife, canteen, pouches, hip pack, etc.) Still trying to come up with an accurate backpack. I've figured out how to attach it to the vest so it is removable, just have to actually make the thing.

Comment

Hi! I wanted to show the dress uniform I am going to work at. The following pictures show the original.

This is Jack as a whole:

I need to get rid of the pockets, and see if I can do something about where the jacket opens. Don't know the name for it - but the shirt and the tie should be seen a little, the jacket should be more opened. There also should be only three buttons.

I also have to do something with the hat, add the ornaments to the rim, and also to the front.

I need to make the pants a bit longer, they are too short. There should be some cloth left which I can let out by opening the seam.

And just for completeness, this is the book that came with it, it tells you how to equip your GI Joe figure, and which things are available:

And this is the package this all came in:

Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Could do with alot of tailoring if Im honest, I saw your post saying this was on order and got excited as I wanted to use this on another 1/6th custom from a different franchise.

Ive tried finding a good airforce dress uniform in the past, but Im not sure that would work for what I have in mind.

For me

Id want accuracy

As I see it shoulders have disappeared, collars wrong, has it got epilates ?, pants to short, lose top pockets

Comment

Essentially I would think the dress uniform would work with a good fitting dark blue suit. From there on its minor alterations and the badges and ribbons, etc that would have to customized anyway. But I've seen very few good fitting suits at all that haven't been fully customized.
              Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncat View Post
                Could do with alot of tailoring if Im honest, I saw your post saying this was on order and got excited as I wanted to use this on another 1/6th custom from a different franchise.

Ive tried finding a good airforce dress uniform in the past, but Im not sure that would work for what I have in mind.
                That's why I wanted to show you what you extactly get. I couldn't tell from the ebay picture, and just had to try.

For me

Id want accuracy

As I see it shoulders have disappeared,
                Yeah, the jacket seems to be a bit big for Jack. The shirt fits perfectly, though.

collars wrong, has it got epilates ?,
                Epilates? Is that where the General stars go? Yes, he has them, there is also a silver button on it.

Actually, I got some metal things with it (which I unintentionally threw away, I just realized), one was called "wings" (not sure what to do with that) and the others were only Captain bars. Need to find stars for Jack.

pants to short,
                Well, to be honest, Jack's legs are too long in proportion, so it might be better with a different figure?

lose top pockets
                I think I even need to lose the bottom pockets, and only leave the flaps. Because they are invisible pockets, they are not for use. I once read about the uniform at a page.

Thanks for the pictures! *grabs*

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
                Essentially I would think the dress uniform would work with a good fitting dark blue suit. From there on its minor alterations and the badges and ribbons, etc that would have to customized anyway. But I've seen very few good fitting suits at all that haven't been fully customized.
                I must look at the wrong places, all I find is uniforms, but very few civil clothes. Would love to buy a whole collection for Jack But the clothes of Ken from Barbie are way too glittery for his (and my) taste.

Anybody know where to get a black sleeveless shirt?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-6-DID-Tim-Be...280358923583QQ

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC088-1-6-CLOT...mZ160342855579

and a pair of scissors and if needed a needle and thread

Comment

Um, I actually meant t-shirt, sorry. I bought such a vest Jack puts on in the episode where Carter was kidnapped, and he had a black sleeveless t-shirt there. I wanted to match that

But I'll see what else those sellers offer! I tried ebay, but I only got hits for real shirts, not 1/6 ones

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                      Um, I actually meant t-shirt, sorry. I bought such a vest Jack puts on in the episode where Carter was kidnapped, and he had a black sleeveless t-shirt there. I wanted to match that

But I'll see what else those sellers offer! I tried ebay, but I only got hits for real shirts, not 1/6 ones

Understood I bought a short sleeves Tshirt with collar for Shepprd from 7toys7 (ebay seller) and I want to warn you now

1. They are mega expensive (recently saw them selling Batman hands for £30 each, . . the figure comes with 4 and retails as a whole figure boxed at £110) So they are just taking the urine atm with parting out figures

2. This particular shirt looked great on the auction listing, however I realised that it had a great big oversized logo on the left chest when it arrived, oddly enough the photograph was taken from the right side just at a good enough angle to omit that from the image (I did get a small refund)

It was a Polo 1/6 shirt

Oddly enough did a search for ya

Found only 1 from 7toys7 which looks like its been rectified as it full frontal with no logo on it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7Toys7-1-6-A18...260419221336QQ

Comment

Thank you for the help and the warning. Still, that is not what I am looking for. I mean this shirt, without collar and without any sleeves. But I guess just buying a longsleeved and cutting the sleeves might work.

I also plan to buy such an aviator jacket which is shorter than the BDU one, but I just realized that I have to put the patches onto the sleeves then - how did you do that?

Comment

Anyone have any ideas for short, stocky figures in the 6-7" scale? I want to make a Maybourne, and maybe a short sleeve shirt Hammond when that figure comes out. Also, any ideas for a bullet proof vest in this scale?

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
                            Anyone have any ideas for short, stocky figures in the 6-7" scale? I want to make a Maybourne, and maybe a short sleeve shirt Hammond when that figure comes out. Also, any ideas for a bullet proof vest in this scale?
                            You may have already considered these but the Buffy/Angel line would give you a slightly shorter scale, but I was also thinking of Mezco's figures. The Heroe's line would be a good choice because of the mostly "street clothes" figures. The height is about the same and articulation is mostly similiar so they wouldn't look out of place on the shelf.
                            Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Anyone aware of a place in the US that has the 12" line for a good price? So, many places want $40+ for just one of these figures.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Cornerstorecomics.com has Jack for $15. Next Gen Toys has both for $19.99 each. That cheap enough?
                                I had thought about Heroes figures. I actually have a few. I don't think any of the Buffy/Angel figures are short and/or fat enough. lol But I've used some of those too. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                                X