Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LtColCarter
    replied
    While I don't find the series as irksome as I used to...I'm only watching it because there really isn't much of a choice on Sunday evenings. Viewership is about half of last season's. So...I don't know if things bode well for a season 4.

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    I have to say, the farther they distance themselfs from the previous Storylines, the more I like it. I am a little irked by the effects of Corona on the Storyline, but its enjoyable. Thats more than I could say about it in the first Season.

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    Well, they are back and the end to the last Season actually is not so bad. It was a bit anticlimactic, but it could be worse. Like the new Storyline they got for us, I understand the World has to adapt but do we really need a Virus Storyline with People caughing ash right now?

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Well...I heard that Charmed started filming season 3. But the release has been delayed until January 2021. I honestly don't remember most of what happened in season 2. Only thing I remember is my son requesting that we put in a DVD of the original Charmed instead of watching the reboot.

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    Originally posted by gnoel809 View Post
    I read online that they couldn't film the actual finale since production had to shut down because of the pandemic. They have been renewed for season 3, so they can pick up where they left off when filming resumes.
    Ah okay. That explains alot. Its gonna be sort of weird to have the end for this Season in the beginning of the next, but I should be happy it even got a 3. Without Corona this would probably had been it.

Leave a comment:

• gnoel809
    replied
    Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    Is anyone still watching? I was and the only thing I can say is "This was the end to the Season and the Series?" Now thats ****ed up, this is nothing compared to last Season.
    I read online that they couldn't film the actual finale since production had to shut down because of the pandemic. They have been renewed for season 3, so they can pick up where they left off when filming resumes.

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    Is anyone still watching? I was and the only thing I can say is "This was the end to the Season and the Series?" Now thats ****ed up, this is nothing compared to last Season.

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Well...so far...this reboot still remains a filler show for me. Not much else on TV on Friday nights. The storyline of the Charmed Ones being powerless has gone on for too long. I hope they change things soon. Currently, Charmed has a -37.89% change in viewership compared to season 1.
    I cant say that surprises me. This show got a weird hold on me nontheless, but I completly agree. Though it seems we are about done with the powerless storyline.

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Well...so far...this reboot still remains a filler show for me. Not much else on TV on Friday nights. The storyline of the Charmed Ones being powerless has gone on for too long. I hope they change things soon. Currently, Charmed has a -37.89% change in viewership compared to season 1.

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    On one hand I really like the new Season, but they just had to pull out another storyline or better continue it from the previous Season. I would like to Scream.

Spoiler:
    We are doing the freaking Cole and Phoebe Storyline. I doubt they can do it better, but the trainwreck is already on its way. So lets enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    If anyone is interested...season 2 of Charmed starts tomorrow (10/11/19) on the CW. Not sure of the time. I am usually excited for new seasons to start but this one still feels "meh" to me.
    I watched it and I can only say I am intrigued. It certainly seems, like they want to go the Monster of the Week route for a while and I am okay with that. The setup looks good and I cant wait to see what they are going to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    If anyone is interested...season 2 of Charmed starts tomorrow (10/11/19) on the CW. Not sure of the time. I am usually excited for new seasons to start but this one still feels "meh" to me.

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    While the episodes did get better as season 1 progressed, the show never grabbed me. It never made me have the "I can't wait for the next episode to air" feeling like the original Charmed did. In some Charmed related Facebook groups I belong to, I've said that it wouldn't really bother me if I missed an episode or two. Maybe that will change in season 2. If it doesn't...I doubt that I will continue watching the show. My son, who is 14, says that the reboot is a cheap immitation of the orginial.

Leave a comment:

• Mrja84
    replied
    Been binging the new show on Netflix. I'm at least at episode 13 or so. They just fought a Pixie

Spoiler:
    And Harry has rebalanced his emotions after seeing his son

I'm really enjoying the joy and the jokes. Though I am very disappointed that Macy seems to have decided to
    Spoiler:
    lose her virginity
    to a man she barely started dating.

I mean they didn't even have their first date by the time he found out their secret and now their exchanging "i love you"s?

That's the most unrealistic thing in this show of witches. I had hoped they treated the growth of these relationships with some realism. While Galvin is "okay", Parker has more value as a staying character. And his feelings for Maggie seem earned.

I don't know what's going on with Galvin. Maybe it's the fact he is buddy-buddy with the writer and creators, but his character arc was slow and seems to have gotten onto a rocket ship.

I care because it just seems to hurt Macy's agency and choice. Just because he said, he loves her and all of a sudden is willing to risk his life for her (when he was just dating someone else not too long ago), that means he should be rewarded by Macy.

That is a terrible message. I hope I am wrong and the next episode interferes with that.

Otherwise, I've been enjoying it.

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Well...Charmed is getting a second season. The ratings were up 1/27 over the previous week. However, they are staying pretty consistent in their ratings. I really don't see the new Charmed as so different than the original. I love the original series, and I always will.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X