Almost Human News/Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Human News/Discussion/Spoilers

Anyone going to watch this show? starring Karl Urban, from J.J Abrams, starting next tv season? i know i will

One of my reservations is the fact that it's on fox, but Fringe did pretty well on this station which is another show from J.J Abrams, so who knows, but i'm hoping it does well

Another reservation i have, is that i dont know if Karl Urban will stick around if the show does do well, i dont think his done t.v for awhile
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 15 May 2013, 08:47 PM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

This show is my second most anticipated for next season, just behind Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think that Urban is there to stay if the show does well. His movie career hasn't been all that successful (though I thought his Dredd movie was great).

Comment

Yes! This and S.H.I.E.L.D. are at the top of my Most Anticipated list for the fall. Looks like it has all the right pieces and great people in charge.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

It sounded a bit odd on paper, but between Urban's role and the trailer, I'm really looking forward to it.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

This, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Tomorrow People, The New Michael J. Fox Sitcom and the new Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar Show whill be the ones I will be watching
          sigpic

Comment

Just saw a Facebook post about a new Fox series called Almost Human. Its a police drama set 35 years in the future centered around the unlikely partnership between a part-machine cop and a part-human robot.

What do you guys think? I thought it looked interesting enough to give it a try.
            sigpic

Comment

Interesting...I didn't know there was a thread started for this. I checked and nada popped up. But poof...I was merged!
              sigpic

Comment

If the series on the whole is even half as cool as the trailer makes it look, this could be EPIC. Interestingly (to me), I've read every press release or blog post or whatever that I could find about this show, and the element from the trailer that I'm most looking forward to wasn't mentioned in any of them. The very thought of a J J Abrams series where Karl Urban plays, essentially, a cyborg makes me feel the need to do the Happy Geek Dance. Very much hoping the show is as good as it seems it could be.
                sigpic
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

I heard that they screened the pilot of this at comic con is this true?
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

I wasn't there, but as far as I know, yes. I found a review on Blastr, but I don't think there was really any new information. I will keep looking. So bummed I missed it Anyone else know more?
                    sigpic
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Bit late to the party, anyone know when this is airing in the UK?
                      As Id quite like to check it out.
                      Last edited by Teddybrown; 26 September 2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I'll admit, I was very underwhelmed when I heard about the concept of this show, but after watching some of the trailer it looks pretty cool. I'm just hoping it goes in a different direction that iRobot which it kind of looks a lot like.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://www.scifistream.com/2013/10/w...-almost-human/
                          Heres the first 8 mins of episode 1

EDIT: Aww only available to the States...
                          Last edited by Teddybrown; 29 October 2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Next week, after the disappointment of Dracula, I hope that Almost Human is a good start because it looks awesome!
                            sigpic

Comment

It seems we have to wait a couple more weeks before we can see the pilot
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                              X