No announcement yet.

Almost Human News/Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're supposed to be getting eps 2 and 3 next so I bet it'll go back to feeling quite stilted.
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

The episodes-out-of-order thing is seriously bugging me; I am now pretending that I missed a couple episodes and am playing catch-up.

LOL at the MX. I see why Dorian wants his own place. *snickers* Great detail.
      sigpic
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
        We're supposed to be getting eps 2 and 3 next so I bet it'll go back to feeling quite stilted.
        That is really going to confuse casual viewers.

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post
        The episodes-out-of-order thing is seriously bugging me; I am now pretending that I missed a couple episodes and am playing catch-up.

LOL at the MX. I see why Dorian wants his own place. *snickers* Great detail.
        Same here.

I completely agree with Dorian and I'm betting John does too.

Random question. Anybody else catch Kavan Smith AKA Major Lorne in his cameo?
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Random question. Anybody else catch Kavan Smith AKA Major Lorne in his cameo?
          i did. but i was like "he looks familar...It's Major Lorne"

Comment

I caught it, but I didn't think much of it. There wasn't much to the part and I don't think we'll be seeing him again. But I guess it is good he is working.

Comment

I caught him, too. But I've more recently been watching Sanctuary so I first identified him as "that cop from Sanctuary" and which led me to "that cop from Sanctuary who was Major Lorne first...".

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                I caught him, too. But I've more recently been watching Sanctuary so I first identified him as "that cop from Sanctuary" and which led me to "that cop from Sanctuary who was Major Lorne first...".
                That cop from EUREKA
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Ooh, I'd forgotten he was in that too!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    i did. but i was like "he looks familar...It's Major Lorne"
                    Funny thing is I recognized his voice first and then wondered how big a role he'd have.

Comment

I finally managed to watch the first episodes and I have to say, although it is good and I like most of the characters in it I kind of wished it was something different than a cop and buddy movie placed in a dystopian future. It has so much potential to be different but it does not try it to be yet, hopefully I will be proved wrong but now it is not that we have not seen somewhere else before.
                      sigpic

Comment

I caught it. I saw his name in the opening credits and started freaking out, then when he was barely in it I almost cried. I was kind of hoping he would be a robot again. . .
                        sigpic
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

As far as the standalone plots have gone I definitely think Arrhythmia is my favorite episode to date.

Spoiler:
                          I think some of the interaction with the other DRN was a little off, but I am very happy they didn't try to do too much with him. I think we all can admit we expected him to do something crazy or that he was going to have some back story that revealed he was the reason DRN's were shutdown. I am so glad they didn't really make a big deal out of him. It was an okay 'B' plot, which is all I wanted. The 'A' plot was enough.

Oh yeah, Lili Taylor's bits were great in this one. A complaint I would make is that she needed to be able to run with that more. I love that she yelled about how expensive the MXs are.

I hope they keep coming up with stories like this one. I really didn't notice any issues if Arrhythmia really is the true episode two. If it is episode two then what is awkward is how well they were interacting with each other so soon after the pilot.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I liked the stuff with the other DRN. Makes me curious as to why the captain was able to get Dorian reactivated in the first place. One thing is for certain though, the DRN's have way better interpersonal skills programing than the MXs.

Comment

I agree, Looney, it seemed quite smooth to me - if I hadn't have known that was episode 2 I'd probably never have guessed. I did like that there was a little spark between Kennex and Stahl as that helps explain the last emotional connection we saw.

Comment

I haven't notice anything in the episode that felt out of place. Sure some of the interactions between a human and a robot should feel a bit odd and one would expect that such a robot and human relationship would be different to a human and a human relationship, the prior one would evolve faster as the robot can access any and all information about their partner on a database and then extrapolate how best to form a working relationship with his human partner.

Comment

Working...
                                X