Almost Human News/Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Kind of reminds me of Firefly in that respect.
    I have to agree with you there.
    I would have liked to have seen an episode set beyond the wall.
    And the episode with the X-RN screamed sequel...!
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      I have to agree with you there.
      I would have liked to have seen an episode set beyond the wall.
      And the episode with the X-RN screamed sequel...!
      There's always fanfic.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I think one problem they might run into if they tried to revive it on a streaming site is getting Urban back. He obviously doesn't have a problem finding work these days. I sure wish it would happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
          I think one problem they might run into if they tried to revive it on a streaming site is getting Urban back. He obviously doesn't have a problem finding work these days. I sure wish it would happen though.
          He can always be said to have transfered out or got a promotion. Maybe they could talk him into a guest spot or two if it happens.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Does anyone here have a full list of what order the episodes are supposed to go in? I'm wanting to do a rewatch, but I'm also wanting the show to make sense.
            sigpic
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post
              Does anyone here have a full list of what order the episodes are supposed to go in? I'm wanting to do a rewatch, but I'm also wanting the show to make sense.
              I'll copy and paste something I posted on another board just prior to the last episode, so ignore the last few sentences.
              I know this is too late to matter, but I recently found out that my suspicions were correct, that FOX was not broadcasting Almost Human in the correct order. You would think they had learned that lesson with Firefly, but I'll bet if I did some research I'd find several more instances of it, and not just on FOX either. Not only plot elements, but also character dynamics, look a lot different when viewed in sequential order. The first list that follows is the order we have seen the episodes so far, the second is the order J. H. Wyman says they should have been in, even though he acknowledges that it wouldn't matter for a few of them.

101. Pilot
              102. “Skin”
              103. “Are You Receiving”
              104. "The Bends"
              105. "Blood Brothers"
              106. "Arrhythmia"
              107. "Simon Says"
              108. "You Are Here"
              109. "Unbound"
              110. "Perception"
              111. "Disrupt"
              112. "Beholder"
              113. "Straw Man" (tomorrow's season finale)

Now check out the order they should have been in, according to seriable.com. Since seeing that link on another site I have reviewed the episodes this way, not completely, but skimming just to check out major plot points. I've put a few comments in parentheses to remind you what happened in that episode, along with a few things you might have missed the first time around.

101. Pilot (Kennex visits a "recollectionist," but definitely not for the first time; an MX tells Kennex they are investigating individuals who came "over the Wall"; later, Kennex recalls seeing his missing girlfriend Anna at the siege where he was injured and the rest of his squad killed; Dorian is awakened, and later Maldonado says he is "special"; a group tries to break into the evidence room, and the head of Danica is glimpsed in an evidence bin during the last segment)
              102. “You Are Here” (the programmable bullet; it is mentioned that Det. Stahl is genetically enhanced, but the word Chrome is not used)
              103. “Arrhythmia” (artificial hearts reclaimed from the dead and resold to patients denied transplants; Dorian invites another DRN for a ride-along; Kennex threatens to throw him "over the Wall")
              104. “Perception” (Chromes mentioned by name for the first time, as several die from overdose of a unique drug; we learn Valerie is a Chrome; Kennex has flashbacks to the siege and visions of things he connects to Anna; he is interviewed by internal affairs and his father is mentioned, something we have yet to learn anything more about; one discrepancy - Dorian asks Kennex if he is seeing a recollectionist, but he already knew he was doing so in the pilot)
              105. “Skin” (Sexbots with human DNA. It makes sense to have moved this one up to second ep if they were hoping to entice more guys to watch, just as "Our Mrs. Reynolds" was bumped up in the Firefly order)
              106. “Are You Receiving” (hostage situation as diversion for robbery; this and the following two are more episodic in nature, so it wouldn't have hurt what order they were in, with the exception of how Kennex and Stahl's relationship develops)
              107. “The Bends” (Rudy does Breaking Bad as he "cooks" for the chance to take down a notorious drug lord)
              108. “Blood Brothers” (the Clone Brothers. These three mid-season eps were mainly a showcase for various futuristic tech advancements, however, there is another mention of the Wall and the "ordeal" that Maldanado experienced there; Kennex and Valerie bond over soccer and bourbon)
              109. “Unbound” (We finally get back to the important thing in the storage locker, as Danica escapes and reunites with her maker; multiple mentions of the Wall and we see it for the first(?) time, as Dr. Vaughan gets away with the synthetic souls and robot processing chips and goes over the Wall)
              110. “Simon Says” (bomber out for revenge; Dorian has personality problems due to low level recharge; he moves in with Rudy; this one could have come after "Blood Brothers" since that is the one where Dorian first complained about having to stay with the MX bots)
              111. “Disrupt” (Smart house hacked to kill; Rudy discovers implanted memories in Dorian)
              112. “Beholder” (A Chrome is murdered and Valerie takes a personal interest; the perpetrator uses nanobots and stolen DNA for reconstructive surgery)

Yet to air, the season (hopefully not series) finale:
              113. “Straw Man” - Monday, March 3. They've got a lot to wrap up in one episode, although if just a couple of these are addressed I'll be satisfied. Who implanted those memories in Dorian? Was it Dr. Vaughan and will he resurface? Will we learn more about Anna? Are either, or both, part of the Syndicate, or are there at least three separate threats? When was the Wall constructed and why, and what's on the other side? What's Valerie's back story? Exactly why is Dorian "special"? Is there a specific reason Maldonado has recruited a Chrome, a decommissioned DRN and a previously compromised detective for her squad? Tune in tomorrow and maybe we'll get some answers.

Comment

Thank you!
                sigpic
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Working...
                X