No announcement yet.

Almost Human News/Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That changes nothing to me. I think its idiotic to whine and raise money for something as trivial as TV. It seems idiotic to form personal connections with things that aren't real.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm not talking about raising money.

As for personal connections, don't you think it enhances your enjoyment of something to go a little deeper than just the face value of a show, or a book? To consider the story behind the story?

Comment

Jelgate - you know you're hanging out in a forum designed and attended by people who were so interested (invested, if you will) in a show that they designed a freaking website where people could get together and talk about it, right?

You're hanging out in a thread to talk about a television show - something a LOT of casual television viewers don't do. Something that people who are interested (again, invested) in something do.

Anything to which you give any of your limited amount of time on the planet is an investment. Your time is the only thing that is completely yours to give - you didn't have to earn it, it's just yours.

And slinging the word idiot around a place populated by show super-fans (and people who both already make or want to make their living in the entertainment industry) is not only aggravating but insulting and does more to define you than it does any of the people you're belittling.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
          I'm not talking about raising money.

As for personal connections, don't you think it enhances your enjoyment of something to go a little deeper than just the face value of a show, or a book? To consider the story behind the story?
          No because then you start applying real world values to the show. TV or books fall apart when you start applying those. For example medical shows are grossly inaccurate.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Two questions, as I only caught the first episode and would atleast like to watch the series.
            1. Does it end on a cliffhanger?
            2. Is there a list anywhere with the episodes in the correct order to watch, as I understand they aired out of order?
            It does not end on a big cliffhanger. Yes there are a lot of unanswered questions, but there is nothing like will so and so lead character have survived what just happened to them at the start of next season.

I thought there was a correct order list in this thread, but I am not finding it. Here is a link to another site where they discussed it.

http://www.tv.com/shows/almost-human...04828-3381048/

Comment

Watch here in the UK has just started airing the show at 2100 on Tuesday nights. I've set my Sky+ box to record the series.

Having caught the 1st episode it looks like something I could enjoy.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Thanks for answering my questions
                Think Ill see what order they air them over here in the UK

Comment

Well this isn't the best way to do it, but at least it will be available.

http://shop.warnerarchive.com/produc...iderALMOSThome

It looks like they have put nothing into the release and there appears to be no info on episode order. Also no news on a Blu-Ray release or a full soundtrack release.

Comment

Since this gets knocked down by the thread where people declare what SciFi episode they watched today I thought I would give it a 'bump' so folks don't miss it. My next step is to start a new thread if this news keeps getting pushed aside.

Comment

As long as new posts are made, there is no reason to create an entirely new thread. Counterproductive.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        As long as new posts are made, there is no reason to create an entirely new thread. Counterproductive.
                        I totally agree, but I wanted to be sure this wasn't missed and the thread didn't get responses right away so I said something.

Comment

The problem with creating a new thread is that folks are already subscribed to this one. They would not be, or even actually see, a new thread. No, there isn't a great deal of activity, but patience is a virtue.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well the series is over...
                            No second season. And what they showed left more questions than answers...
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Maybe Yahoo will revive it like they did with community
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                                Well the series is over...
                                No second season. And what they showed left more questions than answers...
                                Kind of reminds me of Firefly in that respect.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X