Almost Human News/Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
    It's not casual viewers who keeps shows on the air. It's fans. Casual viewers may bump up numbers, but the stability comes from the folks who are tuning in every week. And you start to lose those folks when your show is inconsistent.
    I watch it every week. If I can't watch it when it airs...I have my DVR set!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I watch it every week. If I can't watch it when it airs...I have my DVR set!
      Likewise. And that's generally what people do when they enjoy (or are a fan of) a show.

I agree with jelgate that a more casual watcher wouldn't notice discrepancies in the characterization due to the mis-ordering of episodes the way a more hardcore fan (the type who takes to the internet and talks to other folks about the show and/or googles information about the production of said show) would. But most people fall into the regular old "fan" category. Those are the folks who show up to watch every week and, incidentally, where the more solid portion of the ratings numbers come from. The slight up, slight down? That comes from people casually tuning in and out. But you've got your base core of viewers who are showing up solidly each week - even if it's via DVR.
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
        Likewise. And that's generally what people do when they enjoy (or are a fan of) a show.

I agree with jelgate that a more casual watcher wouldn't notice discrepancies in the characterization due to the mis-ordering of episodes the way a more hardcore fan (the type who takes to the internet and talks to other folks about the show and/or googles information about the production of said show). But most people fall into the regular old "fan" category. Those are the folks who show up to watch every week and, incidentally, where the more solid portion of the ratings numbers come from. The slight up, slight down? That comes from people casually tuning in and out. But you've got your base core of viewers who are showing up solidly each week - even if it's via DVR.
        sigpic

Comment

Just because someone watches a show every week doesn't qualify them a fan. We used to talk about this in the old days when SGA struggling in the ratings. Fans are the people who come onto GW, write fanfic, and are too obsessed with shows. Viewers are people who watch the show and do only that. They don't invest any time beyond watching.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, far be it for me to disabuse anyone of a notion. Certainly there are various ways to look at any topic.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Beholder - So I enjoyed most of this episode.

Spoiler:
              Mackenzie Crook's scene was good and the Captain's line about losing a bet was pretty funny.

I thought the exchange between Stahl and the club manager was good.

I thought the overall plot was a decent idea, however, this show really needs more than a tech-crime-of-the-week angle. There hasn't been nearly enough arc to really hook people into watching. The interplay of the characters has been good, but I think a show like this is really going to have to come up with something that will bring viewers back with more than procedural futuristic tech crime solving. They really haven't grabbed the viewer with what little overall arc stuff they have done and the fact that they'll do something that seems like a part of a bigger arc and then ignore it for several episodes doesn't help either. Yeah I know what to blame for that.

Comment

So the first season comes to a close with Straw Man. I enjoyed this episode. I think the character interaction was great. Unfortunately I don't know if this was the "WOW" finish the show might have needed to get people wanting more for next season, but since there is a strong likelihood that there may not be another season this might have been an okay episode to end the series on. Don't get me wrong, I definitely want more, but apparently I am in the minority.

Comment

Yeah there wasn't a hook in the final episode but I liked it. Kind of odd because they have a couple story lines dangling around that seem interesting that they could have used as hooks. I kind of thinking this will not get a second season.

Comment

I have to agree, that was a good episode but not one to end a season on. I really hope they get a second season. I'm just not sure it will happen.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good episode. A odd one for a final.
                      Hopefully we get a second season,

Comment

One of my favorite new shows.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          I really hope they get a second season. I'm just not sure it will happen.
                          Me too, and me too. Which sucks because I really like this show. I thought it had a lot of potential.

Comment

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

*waits for people to blame Fox for the cancellation*
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! ! !

I blame FOX for everything anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                                NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! ! !

I blame FOX for everything anyway.
                                People are predictable. They always blame the network for a show's cancellation
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X