Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured the president stayed behind for his wife as well, but they didn't elaborate. I'll probably get this movie on DVD, but I also want to get Emmerich's other movies on DVD.

Comment

I'll be purchasing this film on DVD also. Plus you get all the bonus features like interviews with the actors and behind the scenes
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
        I figured the president stayed behind for his wife as well, but they didn't elaborate. I'll probably get this movie on DVD, but I also want to get Emmerich's other movies on DVD.
        It wouldn't matter. The First Lady isn't as high a priority as the President. She has her own security detail, she's on her own. I think that's supposed to be the basic sentiment. That and protect the President at all costs!

Ah well. It was just a little jarring. May be I've seen too many West Wing repeats.

Comment

Spoilers for The Day After Tomorrow;

The President died and the Vice President didn't seem too bothered, judging by his facial expressions. Besides who would use a helicopter in that sort of weather. It would have been safer to stay where he was and attempt to stay warm
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
            The President died and the Vice President didn't seem too bothered, judging by his facial expressions. Besides who would use a helicopter in that sort of weather. It would have been safer to stay where he was and attempt to stay warm
            Why should he? It means HE'S now the Prez! And how come the VP was evacuated before the Prez, anyway?

Comment

That's strange actually. It doesn't actually say but a interesting question. Maybe the President wanted to wait for something, perhaps his wife
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                That's strange actually. It doesn't actually say but a interesting question. Maybe the President wanted to wait for something, perhaps his wife
                If the First Lady is in another city, why have her come back to DC at all? Ship her direct to the refugee center. Making a pit stop in DC wastes valuable time and resources... and this is one case, I think, where the govt wouldn't be inclined to do that.

Comment

The scenes regarding the President were a big strange and complicated. Things that would never really happen
                  __

__

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    a tsunami that washes over Rome and turns the Coliseum into a giant swimming pool (and later an ice rink).

The Roman Coliseum was destroyed last year in "The Core." A little redundant to neutralize it again

Still I would like to have seen some world-wide annihilation than just from orbit. Going back tomorrow to see if I can catch some.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Better watch it or you'll be a STUCK Pig Boy!

Calm down, Shadow. As far as I'm concerned, we're even on the movie-scale, since you got Harry Potter 3 a week before the U.S. did.
                      Last edited by David; 01 June 2004, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Harry Potter 3 had some good effects. I was actually shocked to learn that it only took four months to film. I remember, such as The Matrix Revolutions, it took four months just to create the perfect RAINDROP. How crazy is that?
                        __

__

Comment

Theyr'e going really fast. Goblet of Fire is filming now, and Order of the Phoenix is, believe it or not, in pre-production.

Too bad J.K. can't release the series faster.

Comment

Production is about two years ahread of original scheduel because this film took such little time to film. However, if you love the actors too much, don't get your hopes to high, apparently all three actors (Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint) are too be too old. The rumours says that Order of the Phoenix may be their last
                            __

__

Comment

I thought "The Day Before Tomorrow" was a fun movie to watch. It had some great SFX, I especially liked the twisters in Los Angeles.

Oh and Harry Potter, I can't wait to see that, I think I'll be going this weekend to see it at the IMAX.
                              "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

IMAX theatres are just execellent. I watched The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions in there. The surrounding is great
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X