Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, I've never seen a movie in an IMAX so I'm very excited. Do you have any advice on where to sit?
    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

I liked the movie for what it was, basically because I accepted it as a 120 million dollar disaster flick. Personally, I didn't think the dialogue was as bad as people made it out to be, and the acting could've been a hell of a lot worse. The CGI was amazing, like in all Emmerich films. I especially liked the scene at the end with all the copters over manhattan.

About ID4 2 I read somewhere that Fox was already ready to give them a bunch of money to make it, but that Emmerich and co. couldn't think of a good way to make it, so they called it off.

Phil
      Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
      Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

elhSG1, the best seats are in the middle for a complete surrounding of the movie. It makes you feel like you are actually in the scenes. Middle is best
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by David
          The Roman Coliseum was destroyed last year in "The Core." A little redundant to neutralize it again
          Haven't seen it, wouldn't know. Besides, there are only a few mega-landmarks Americans are familiar with, so they get used a lot anyway. The Coliseum, Eiffle Tower, Big Ben and Stonehenge... And then American landmarks like the Hollywood sign, Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty.

Calm down, Shadow.
          Ha! I'll calm down when Piggy does.

As far as I'm concerned, we're even on the movie-scale, since you got Harry Potter 3 a week before the U.S. did.
          Er... what? David, dear girl, the last time I checked, I was still living in the US. A small, strange and altogether backward little piece of it, but America all the same.
          Last edited by ShadowMaat; 01 June 2004, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Ha! I'll calm down when Piggy does.
            Feh... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen!
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I like DVD extra features, but I'm not a fan of those special effect segments. I'm more interested in the writing and shooting of the movie and pre-production and production stuff. Usually the visual effects post-production stuff is boring and I think a movie like that would have a lot of that stuff on its DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                And those astronauts saying "I've never seen the sky so clear", just pissed me off. Hello, like a billion people just died, who cares if the sky is clear.
                Looks like someone missed the deeper meaning, although I suppose that's understandable considering it was the only line in the whole film I can think of that had any depth.

Some people seem to be missing the point, this was never going to be a serious film. Endlessly picking holes in the plot etc... hello? The whole main concept of the film is completely flawed, did you not know this when you bought your ticket?

I loved the film for what it is, popcorn entertainment. Switch off the brain and enjoy the ride (super, haunting soundtrack too btw!).

Had to laugh at the evacuations of Belfast and Banbridge (BANBRIDGE!?!??!! LOL) though.

Comment

I'm sure the DVD will be loaded with stuff since it cost a heap of money to produce and create visual effects for
                  __

__

Comment

Yeah, but that's even more incentive to focus on the special effects, which I think is pretty boring.

Comment

I think it depends on what effects are being show and what film it was from
                      __

__

Comment

Just a side note...the great Dean Devlin didn't write the script....as he did with Star Gate..and ID4......which seem very pro American...of which Dean is an American.

This movie as I have heard, paints a non flattering picture of the US.
                        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far, it does say some unflattering things about the government though, and I guress what people do when under pressure.

Comment

[QUOTE=kaids]

Some people seem to be missing the point, this was never going to be a serious film.

It wasn't? It was-ent???

Ya see, I was hoping that it would be somewhat serious. When I want brain-in-the-off-position entertainment I go for comedy, like the Rundown(or as we like to call it, "Duane of Da Jungle"). I was hoping that DAT would show some respect for living, working brain cells.

Endlessly picking holes in the plot etc... hello? The whole main concept of the film is completely flawed, did you not know this when you bought your ticket?

What is so flawed about the main concept? It was a terrific concept with tons of potential; runaway warming from greenhouse gasses causes the polar ice to melt, causing a severe drop in temperature in the oceans, causing severe weather. That, to me, was the basic concept and was not so much flawed as the acting/dialogue was,... uh, idiotic. "/

SFX isn't everything. Emmerich and co. may be able to afford 10 million bucks (whatever the sum) to make a movie fit for viewing-with-the-brain-in-the-off-position, but I wish I hadn't spent ten of my bucks to see this disappointing film.
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Why did you see if you don't like Emmerich anyway? Pretty much all Emmerich's movies have the same sort of feel to them.

Comment

this movie was almost as boring as my oceanography class~~~!

to be honest, the class was taught by a paleo climatologist too...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                                Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                                Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X