No announcement yet.

Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they come up with something better than "Aliens".

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      I hope they come up with something better than "Aliens".
      Agreed. I also hope they come up with something better than Angels or Gods. Battlestar Galactica's explanation of Chip Six and Hallucination Baltar was just awful.

I actually much prefer something akin to a highly advanced, ancient society that William and "Audrey" were the cause of it's downfall. Then they chose Haven and anyone that settled there as their "test tubes" and toys.

Their appearance can be explained as Howard's or the Barn's influence to make them resemble the current population. With slight differences over long enough time, but not Doctor Who like transformations.

Comment

I'm kind of hoping it's witchcraft or black magic rather than an ancient society, but still I'd be happy with anything that doesn't involve aliens or religion.

Wouldn't it be slightly ironic if it turned out William and "Audrey" were members of a coven, and their fellow witches imprisoned them as punishment, similar to how the story is going in Sleepy Hollow.

Comment

Have we seen any indication of magic in the series? Apart from the troubles I don't recall any mysticism happening.

The Barn however seemed like a portal to another dimension so I think that beings from another dimension is a more likely explanation than witchcraft.

Comment

Tonight's episode:

Spoiler:
            I knew that Dave was going to have a play in this final act. When he said he'd been adopted (last episode), I knew something else was going on with him. And I don't understand how Audry/Mara thinks that anyone is going to help her get William back, after what those two have done. Unless, of course, Audrey was pretending to be Mara like she did at the beginning of the season when she was pretending to be Lexie. Although what her motive is I'm not sure.

Things will only get worse if they bring William back. And I'm glad he finally showed his true feelings at the last minute when he was about to be tossed into the hole in the floor; he was absolutely terrified - nice to see that in him for change from his smirking, I-don't-care-about-anything-or-anybody attitude. I hated that he thought it was all a colossal joke, and that he got to pat himself on the back for helping to cause it all.

I'm choosing to believe that Jennifer is not dead. And I feel horrible for Duke being saddled with the entire history of the curse on his family and that it might kill him.

And while I can understand why Dave was so terrified of the door being opened because of what was in there, I don't like that he thought he was more important than everyone else in the town of Haven and was willing to sacrified everyone else to the troubles continuing just so long as he didn't have to deal with them. Many interesting surprises in this evening's episode.

I felt really awful for the lady medical examiner, but loved that she hugged Duke in spite of him having to kill her son.

I didn't like that we didn't get more details about William and Mara's back story. I wanted to know where they came from and how they got their powers/abilities/whatever it is they have that allows them to be so evil.

Comment

OMG! That was an awesome season finale!

Spoiler:
              I want them to find William quickly. While, yes, more backstory would have been nice, that is what next season is for. Answers before a probable show finale, given Syfy's five-year track record. CF did such a great job as William. I want to see more of him.

I wonder if Mara played William. She was cooler in every flashback sequence. William is either "the best boyfriend ever" or just another pawn of hers. She is the real villain.

The pacing of the episode was fantastic as well. I hope Jennifer lives and that Duke can be saved. This season has been fantastic!
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I thought I would ask here, where the fans are. What's the story with SyFy and recommissioning this one? Have the ratings been shaky or is it just SyFy being SyFy?

For the past 4 series, this show has delivered solid storytelling and IMO, anyway, has been a good SyFy anchor on Friday nights. I notice that the pending renewal is receiving a lot of attention, but normally there's a reason when SyFy drags their feet.

What's the story, people?

Comment

This show definitely deserves another season and I will be massively angry at SyFy if they cancel it at this point.

Comment

I say give it one more final season & then cancel it if they must after that

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                      I thought I would ask here, where the fans are. What's the story with SyFy and recommissioning this one? Have the ratings been shaky or is it just SyFy being SyFy?

For the past 4 series, this show has delivered solid storytelling and IMO, anyway, has been a good SyFy anchor on Friday nights. I notice that the pending renewal is receiving a lot of attention, but normally there's a reason when SyFy drags their feet.

What's the story, people?
                      The worry about renewal comes up with every show at the end of a season. I don't recall specifically when Syfy renewed Haven last year, but it could have been in January. So untill people hear that it has actually been renewed, there's going to be a lot gnashing of teeth and whining about when, when, when is it going to be renewed. And if it doesn't get renewed, there will be a lot of hatred towards Syfy for not renewing it. We'll just have to wait and see what they do. And I know waiting is hard. I prefer to be optimistic that they will renew.

Comment

Syfy sometimes announces Haven's renewal 3-4 weeks after the season finale airs, so we may have to wait a bit.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I found the final disappointing, I was expecting some big answers, instead we end up with just more questions and promise of answers in the future, reliant on the twats at Syfy to actually renewing the show. Which given the fact that this show on it 4th year and syfy shows tend to not last much longer than four years is asking for a lot.

Vince and Dave never felt like brothers to me, so I wasn't shock that we learn one of them was adopted. Dave being from other world was surprising but make sense considering he always accept the idea of other worlds, portals and so forth, well before the others did. He clearly knows more than he telling the others and more than what the others want to hear.

I looking forward to getting to know Mora,

Comment

I echo those comments knowles2, although not disappointed it left more unanswered questions than it answered which is frustrating to say the least.

Pretty much the only clue we got to Mora and William was their clothing in the forest scene, which was for want of a better example, very Robin Hood era attire, so until they say different, my guess is still they were witches and the barn/door is a physical portal to purgatory.

Sadly I guessed Dave was the 4th person last week, when he said he was adopted, so it wasn't a surprise at all when they finally revealed it. I guess the fate of the others depends on contract renewals

I hope we get to find out more on Mora/William's origins, come-on SyFy, renew it already!

Comment

I don't mind a good ole cliffhanger, nor do I mind waiting to get a few answers. What I don't care for is waiting 9 months for them. I also have zero faith that SyFy will renew the show. So, I just hope they have some contingencies in case next September comes and goes and we still don't know what's going on. I guess the casts contracts will run out the first of the year and they normally start shooting in the spring, so it won't be that long till we know.

Comment

I just don't get it, what switch did William flip that brought Mara back?

Comment

Working...
                                X