No announcement yet.

What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm I keep meaning to see that, but keep forgetting. Maybe tonight.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just bought and started to watch the first series of "Sanctuary". Even though I have never-ever seen a single episode, I bought the full series for a cheap $14.99. After watching the first five episodes on dvd, I became hooked almost instantly. What a fun series.

Comment

Yesterday, I watched Stargate. Then, tonight, I watched it with the commentary.
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Alien 3 tonight. I think the film kind of unfairly gets a bad rap. It's definitely not the film that the first two were, but I think it's respectable in its own right. I think it brings some interesting new dimensions to the table, particularly with the 2003 Special Edition edit. I wish it had been the last film though, and that the horrible 4th film had never happened

Anyway the video print of this movie is much, much better than the one for the second movie. Unfortunately the audio transfer kind of sucks. The mixing is really bad....the voices all come through a bit dull and flat. You have to turn it way up to make out the dialogue, and then the SFX are deafeningly loud so you have to turn it back down again. Annoying.

And Ellen Ripley must be the unluckiest heroine in film history. First encounter with the alien and she sees her whole crew of friends die and nearly gets killed by a berserk android.. Then she drifts in space for 57 years, long enough that her daughter has died of old age by the time she's revived. Goes on the mission back to the planet, just to see everyone die again. Seems to get some positivity out of it in gaining a would-be husband and daughter, only for them to die at the start of the third movie when she gets marooned on an all-male penal colony.....where she sees everyone die again and commits suicide to prevent the birth of a new Queen. But even then she can't rest, some whack jobs clone her crossbred with those things. Sheesh!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
              Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1
              *is jealous*
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Tremors!!

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                You had to see it in the theaters, 3d one. Only thing that was good for, the visual appeal in imax.
                I would never spend that kind of money on a movie.

And 3D isn't going to change the storylines or the horribly clicked characters.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Saw part of Close Encounters of the Third Kind earlier, I just caught the end of Superman: The Movie and I'm about to watch the second half of An American Werewolf in London. Later, to keep with the theme, I'm planning on watching half a DVD.

Three things strike me about Superman:
                  1. I would be astonished if there is ever a better Superman or Clark Kent than Christopher Reeve. It would have to be a miracle of casting.
                  2. The Superman march is a truly incredible piece of music.
                  3. Margot Kidder made an excellent Lois Lane.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    Saw part of Close Encounters of the Third Kind earlier, I just caught the end of Superman: The Movie and I'm about to watch the second half of An American Werewolf in London. Later, to keep with the theme, I'm planning on watching half a DVD.

Three things strike me about Superman:
                    1. I would be astonished if there is ever a better Superman or Clark Kent than Christopher Reeve. It would have to be a miracle of casting.
                    2. The Superman march is a truly incredible piece of music.
                    3. Margot Kidder made an excellent Lois Lane.
                    yes I agree she was a good Lois Lane
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                      *is jealous*
                      I am so sorry that you are too lame to make it to the theatre to see Deathly Hallows , but I still like you
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                        I am so sorry that you are too lame to make it to the theatre to see Deathly Hallows , but I still like you
                        You laugh now, but I'll see it later. And after that I'll use my powers to vanish all the toilets in your house.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          You laugh now, but I'll see it later. And after that I'll use my powers to vanish all the toilets in your house.
                          If i can take Digifluid down , i can definitely take you down Jper,.... jokes on you I don't even use toilets
                          sigpic

Comment

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
                            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Firefly marathon tonight!

Comment

ST:VI - The Undiscovered Country
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X