What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    Men in Black I am so depressed that I'm still not able to watch the avengers ( hopefully next week ! So I decided to watch Men in Black and I forgot how much I enjoyed the first part because I was quite disappointed by the second one but I have not watched that one since I saw it in the cinemas way back then so maybe I'll give it another try as well. The first one is soon funny and subtle funny not stupid funny, and I knew it was based on comics, but I noticed it the first time that they were released from marvel as well
    Keep my fingers crossed for you!
    sigpic

Comment

Metropolis

An old German sci-fi film from 1927 that supposedly takes place 100 years in the future (15 years from our present). Very interesting. I could see some parallels with what was happening in Germany at the time, suffering the burden of the Great War, and what would take place a few years later under the Nazis. Ironically, I read that this movie was a favorite of Hitler's and the Nazis, but, depending how one looks at it, the film could be as much for the Nazis as it could be against them.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Ive watched Aliens 3, Pitch Black & The Chroncles of Ridick. Last night i watched Dawn of the Dead.

Comment

The Adventures of Tintin
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            Daybreakers -I LOVED it! Really awesome concept and they executed it perfectly.
            Awesome movie. I like the way they built a world where vampires lead the (modern) world and all the story around it. It's like a twisted Philip K Dick movie adaptation.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan

So awesome, yet so sad.

Comment

X-Men: First Class. Finally got around to seeing it, and absolutely loved virtually every second of it. Best film in the series by far, in my opinion.

EDIT: Loved you-know-who's cameo.
                Last edited by Sealurk; 08 May 2012, 02:43 PM.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Men in Black II ... Not as Good as the first one but still decent, hopefully part III is better but the premise looks promising but won't be watching it until it comes out on DVD. I consider the first one as a classic though, what do you think about it?
                  sigpic

Comment

The Avengers
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                      Men in Black II ... Not as Good as the first one but still decent, hopefully part III is better but the premise looks promising but won't be watching it until it comes out on DVD. I consider the first one as a classic though, what do you think about it?
                      Oh yeah the 1st Men in Black is great - especially when he goes in and takes the test and gets introduced to the whole crowd.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Tron Legacy
                        sigpic

Favorite quote:
                        McKay: You shot me!
                        Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                        Ronon: You shot me, too.
                        Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Vanishing on 7th Street

Not sure what I was expecting, but I don't think it was quite ... that. :/
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Thor... yesterday
                            Captain America: The First Avenger - today!

Enjoyed them both greatly and equally, I think. Much more than I was expecting to - now I'm really itching to watch The Avengers, but I think I'll have to wait for the DVD!
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

NO!!! Don't wait for the DVD, it's one of the few movies you actually want to watch in the theater tonight finally the big night... I watched:

The Avengers
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                                Thor... yesterday
                                Captain America: The First Avenger - today!

Enjoyed them both greatly and equally, I think. Much more than I was expecting to - now I'm really itching to watch The Avengers, but I think I'll have to wait for the DVD!
                                My friend, don't wait for the DVD. It's well worth the time and money to watch it live.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X