Legend of the Seeker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Just make sure Kahlan is the hot one.. Sorry gutter moment for a second.

It all started out so innocent. All I was going to do was try out this show as a favor to a GW friend. I went into the pilot thinking I was going to hate it and I left loving it. As a result I have been spending a lot of my free time on Hulu getting caught up (I'm at Confessions.). I just find the whole show interesting from the plots to the characters to even the cheesy yet awesome sword fights. The Kahlan thunking and my shallowness doesn't hurt.
    Yeah my roomie and I saw the first two eps when it premeired here on a Wednesday as a movie. I loved it, her not so much. Then I had to introduce my mom to it over the break and she thought it was cool too.
    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
      Ummm, on behalf of us Richard lovers, we need to see more of Richard shirtless! OK, I'll compromise, they both should be hot! I think it's the togetherness that will make it hot anyway.
      No deal he has been shirtless too much as it is.

I say its how all three characters interact together that makes it interesting. You see a real sense a friendship regardless of what character we are talking about.

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
      Yeah my roomie and I saw the first two eps when it premeired here on a Wednesday as a movie. I loved it, her not so much. Then I had to introduce my mom to it over the break and she thought it was cool too.
      Okay I will admitt part of me likes Kahlan because I'm shallow male who finds her very thunkable. But its also more then that. She always seems conflicted on what to do and has this darkside to her that I have found interesting,
      Last edited by jelgate; 24 February 2009, 07:01 PM.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I say its how all three characters interact together that makes it interesting. You see a real sense a friendship regardless of what character we are talking about.
        I'm with you on both counts. Yes, Richard is a nice looking kid, but to me, he's just that, a kid. Poor guy looks WAY younger than I expect he really is.

Okay I will admitt part of me likes Kahlan because I'm shallow male who finds her very thunkable. But its also more then that. She always seems conflicted on what to do and has this darkside to her that I have found interesting,

As a straight woman, even I find Kahlan hot, so it's not just the men folks. Yes, there is that conflict Kahlan has to deal with every time she confesses someone. Should she knowing what happens to them after? I mean, how do you live with the guilt of basically stealing the free will of another person? They're like that until she dies. I wouldn't want to live with that. There's also the conflict of "do I confess an entire village out of necessity to protect them from evil?" Like Lara did? Love that Kahlan is so strong and complicated a character. I really wouldn't like the show as much if she weren't so strong and complicated and just a tad volnerable (sp?).
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I agree, I like her dark side. Gives her character more depth.
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            I'm with you on both counts. Yes, Richard is a nice looking kid, but to me, he's just that, a kid. Poor guy looks WAY younger than I expect he really is.
            To be fair they push "beauty" angle quite a bit with Richard and Kahlan for both demographics. Which is fine and all as long as it makes sense and fits the story. I think Zedd sometimes gets the backburner too much to have fun with the Richard/Kahlan story.
            As a straight woman, even I find Kahlan hot, so it's not just the men folks. Yes, there is that conflict Kahlan has to deal with every time she confesses someone. Should she knowing what happens to them after? I mean, how do you live with the guilt of basically stealing the free will of another person? They're like that until she dies. I wouldn't want to live with that. There's also the conflict of "do I confess an entire village out of necessity to protect them from evil?" Like Lara did? Love that Kahlan is so strong and complicated a character. I really wouldn't like the show as much if she weren't so strong and complicated and just a tad volnerable (sp?).
            That says exactally how I feel about Kahlan and is worded so much better.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I just started watching the series and readin Wizard's First Rule, both are really good so far.
              Last edited by ReFRidgerator; 18 May 2009, 05:16 PM.
              For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by ReFRidgerator View Post
                I just started watching the series nad readin Wizard's First Rule, both are really good so far.
                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Siily me. I have been watching this show via Hulu because me syndication shows Legend of the Seeker on terrible times. I wish I had known that WGN America shows new episodes at 2 PM on Saturdays.

After the medicroe episodes of Home and Reveant it was nice to return to see a return to what show good. The adventure, sword fighting and mystery that seemed to absent in the previous two episodes I enjoyed seeing the return of some characters and what has happened since the Seeker left Hartland. The only downside is no Zedd as I really like his humor bluntness but I can forgive that as I suspect his absence and later return is a critical arc. Speaking of the future if the promo is acurate the next episode will be epic.

On a shallow note Richard has good taste in love interests. Both Kahlan and Ana looked attractive in this episode.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Jelgate, WGN just changed the time to 2:00 pm on Saturdays, previously they aired new episodes at 5:00pm. If you have a CW near you, you might want to check if they air it as well; mine is airing new eps at 8:00pm on Saturdays, and repeats the previous week's episodes at 4:00pm on Sundays, in case you miss a week.

I actually wasn't too thrilled by the latest episode.

Spoiler:
                    But I haven't read the books, so maybe they were being faithful to what happened there. I didn't care much for Richard's brother dying; it just seemed a bit cliche, and I actually thought Richard was surprisingly non-emotional about it. I also missed Zedd, and while I like Chase, I've become used to--and rather like--the dynamic between Richard, Kahlen, and Zedd. I'm not sure how it will change with another character travelling with them. Does Chase play a large part in the books?

Next week's episode looks very promising though.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                      Jelgate, WGN just changed the time to 2:00 pm on Saturdays, previously they aired new episodes at 5:00pm. If you have a CW near you, you might want to check if they air it as well; mine is airing new eps at 8:00pm on Saturdays, and repeats the previous week's episodes at 4:00pm on Sundays, in case you miss a week.

I actually wasn't too thrilled by the latest episode.

Spoiler:
                      But I haven't read the books, so maybe they were being faithful to what happened there. I didn't care much for Richard's brother dying; it just seemed a bit cliche, and I actually thought Richard was surprisingly non-emotional about it. I also missed Zedd, and while I like Chase, I've become used to--and rather like--the dynamic between Richard, Kahlen, and Zedd. I'm not sure how it will change with another character travelling with them. Does Chase play a large part in the books?

Next week's episode looks very promising though.
                      From the book
                      Spoiler:
                      In the book, Richard killed his brother because his brother betrayed everyone to Darken Rahl. Chase does play a large part in the first two books and a minor role in the rest of the books.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I really should move the books up on my to-read-list.

Comment

5:00 PM on Saturdays isn't that much of a difference to the 2:00 pm but I'll look at CW channel to see if they also show. Anything is better then waiting until Monday on Hulu. Stupid Fox syndication.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Last nights ep was really good. Nice to see another hot babe doing a return ep. I hope Zedd isn't going bye bye as his humor and powers are awesome.

Comment

I just recently got into this show. I'm already up to episode 9, yeah... really enjoying it so far. Episode 8 was a real powerhouse (kudos to Ken Biller & Mike Sussman!). That Denna is one crazy lady.

Also, they have a ton of beautiful people on this show. Bridget Regan... wow! Anyways, looking forward to finally getting caught up.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Siily me. I have been watching this show via Hulu because me syndication shows Legend of the Seeker on terrible times. I wish I had known that WGN America shows new episodes at 2 PM on Saturdays.
                                They also show 'em at 8 on Saturdays...

Thanks for the info. I really should move the books up on my to-read-list.
                                To the top!!!
                                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                                X