This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    this was surprsingly good. especially for a scifi production.

little tongue in cheek, but that was okay. not too violent or too sexed up
    Exactly! It had just the right amount of both.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The talk about a weekly series is do to a mix up. When Tin Man was originally pitched to Scifi it was pitched as a weekly show. Scifi declined it as a weekly show and asked if it could be remade as a mini. *Probably the only time Scifi ever made a smart creative decision. This is established in early press releases and in the making of Beyond the Yellow Brick Road.

Anyone else get the feeling that DG was more then just an update. To me she kinda came off as a cross between Dorthy and Ozma. Both had their identities magically hidden from them so neither knew who or what she was and both were legitimate heirs to the throne.

I do have to agree that I do not think this could work as a weekly show.

Comment

I watched it and must admit that I did like it.

I thought it was a very unique retelling of Wizard of Oz. I think I liked it so much because it wasn't Wizard of Oz, but a type of sequel so it didn't try and copy the original but instead did things it's own way with only a few connections to the original story.

I've seen people comment on a weekly series and I must admit that I don't think it would have worked out as well. I could have seen a fourth part to it, one that included more of the evil witch taking control of the O.Z, more about the original Dorothy and her companions, perhaps have extended the ending a bit to see what happened next. I don't think it would have worked out as well as a series.

I don't really see a potential for a sequel unless they tried to do the same to the other books as well, but when I think of a Wizard of Oz sequel I think Return to Oz from the 80s, with Tic Toc, the flying couch with a moose head the moutain faces that hate chickens. That is not something i'd like to see reinacted.

I was disappointed at times with how predictable it turned out to be, and I really hated that whole bit at the end where DG tries to talk her sister into remembering and bring out the good in her. I hate endings where they try and talk a person out of being evil and try to make them remember.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          I watched it and must admit that I did like it.

I thought it was a very unique retelling of Wizard of Oz. I think I liked it so much because it wasn't Wizard of Oz, but a type of sequel so it didn't try and copy the original but instead did things it's own way with only a few connections to the original story.

I've seen people comment on a weekly series and I must admit that I don't think it would have worked out as well. I could have seen a fourth part to it, one that included more of the evil witch taking control of the O.Z, more about the original Dorothy and her companions, perhaps have extended the ending a bit to see what happened next. I don't think it would have worked out as well as a series.

I don't really see a potential for a sequel unless they tried to do the same to the other books as well, but when I think of a Wizard of Oz sequel I think Return to Oz from the 80s, with Tic Toc, the flying couch with a moose head the moutain faces that hate chickens. That is not something i'd like to see reinacted.

I was disappointed at times with how predictable it turned out to be, and I really hated that whole bit at the end where DG tries to talk her sister into remembering and bring out the good in her. I hate endings where they try and talk a person out of being evil and try to make them remember.
          Well the mistic told DG that she was to light up a place that was dark and that could only have meant her sister's heart and mind which had been corrupted by the witch. I think the end could have been longer but other than that I found it it satisfying.
          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

I didn't watch it, didn't seem interesting at all to me. It seemed to be more fantacy than scifi from the promos, to me that is.

I'm still miffed with Skiffy for SG-1. I know it's a long time to hold a grudge, and I do tend to do that when I have them, and that it may be a bit childish, but oh well. Until Skiffy cleans up it's act and starts making better decisions, I'm not watching. Skiffy needs to learn that their decisions have ramifications. It probably won't work, but you never know until you try. Maybe, just maybe a few certain people at Skiffy will get fired for being stupid. One can only pray for a miracle.

Besides, having all those promos all over the place was getting REALLY annoying!!! They averaged 4 per hour for cryin out loud! And I saw them on other channels too, including CBS! They even mentioned it on either CNN or Fox News, can't remember which. Talk about ramming it down your throat! Jeez! And that was a big turnoff for me. At one point, I actually caught the promo a grand total of 8 times in one hour.
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              this was surprsingly good. especially for a scifi production.

little tongue in cheek, but that was okay. not too violent or too sexed up
              That was the nice thing about it. Usually there will be a great show, but for some reason they have to throw in a scene that is too violent (such as killing a baby in BSG) or some sex scene and kind of ruin the show for many people. I wish more shows would follow the format of not overdoing it.

Overall I found the show good, I was surprised since I usually don't like remakes.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X