Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided I had to be honest and say I was disappointed in The Three Body Problem, but since I'll be voting for the Hugos this year I had to finish it. Otherwise I might not have.

Comment

I've made a return to the 'Battletech' universe. And I've started to re-read 'Wolves on the Border' by Robert N. Charrette.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Just started "Hyddenworld: Spring" by William Horwood.

First book of the "Hyddenworld" quartet.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Will be starting Cloud Atlas, no idea what to expect.

Comment

In anticipation of the upcoming mini-series, I re-read Childhood's End for what was probably the third time. It's not perfect, with more mysticism and paranormal stuff than the science-based plots you normally expect from Clarke, but I still like it, and I don't expect the show to do it justice.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
              In anticipation of the upcoming mini-series, I re-read Childhood's End for what was probably the third time. It's not perfect, with more mysticism and paranormal stuff than the science-based plots you normally expect from Clarke, but I still like it, and I don't expect the show to do it justice.
              I suspect that it will use the basic premise of the book but little else.

Just finished reading "The Kingdom of Gods" by N.K. Jemisin.

Next up is either "Heliconia" by Brian Aldiss or "Cibola Burn" by James S.A. Corey.

Comment

Prior to punting them into a Charity shop, I've been rereading some Star Trek novels from the late 90s.
                Specifically the "Captain's Table" crossover series, and the TNG "Double Helix" sequence.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I'm almost finish reading Side Jobs by Jim Butcher. Is there more short stories?
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                    I'm almost finish reading Side Jobs by Jim Butcher. Is there more short stories?
                    Once there's enough material for another anthology, probably.
                    sigpic

Comment

Jeff VanderMeer's Nebula winner, Annihilation, is damn good, if not complete. I've just ordered the other two books in the trilogy and will update my review as soon as possible.

http://templetongate.net/southernreach.htm

Comment

Finished reading "Cibola Burn" by James S.A. Corey. Another good book in the "Expense" series though imo not as good as the previous books.

Next up is "Heliconia" by Brian Aldiss

Comment

Love Brian Aldiss, but I've only read Helliconia once back when they first came out. Need to revisit them one of these days.

I just started the second Expanse book, Caliban's War, after a re-read of Leviathan's Wake.

Comment

Got the SGA novel Homecoming from the library.
                            sigpic

Comment

Can I put in a good word for the "Dave vs. the Monsters" trilogy by John Birmingham?

Best described as half "Evil Dead" and half "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".
                              sigpic

Comment

Decided to go back to Fellowship of the Ring. (I've seen the movies so often, there are some lines I hear in the actors' voices.)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X