No announcement yet.

Best Anime or Manga ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite animes are Fushigi Yugi and Fruits Basket. I am not deeply steeped in anime, there is a lot I haven't seen, but those are definitely my favorites.
    sigpic
    Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
    I'm a 60%er!
    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

For space opera, my favourite anime would be Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu). "Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!"

For both manga and anime, it would be the Ghost in the Shell stuff (the 2 movies, and the 2 GitS: SAC series + GitS: SAC: SSS, and the 2 manga I've read: GitS, and GitS: MMI).
      Last edited by gotthammer; 24 February 2010, 01:26 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Gundam Wing. I'm not into anime anymore but Gundam Wing is one I can keep coming back to.

Comment

I cant beleive im gona say this but Gundam 00 has surpassed Gindam Wing as my favorite gundam series.
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Dragon Ball Z has to be the best manga EVER (the original, not the silly tv spinoffs)
            I Said I'd Never Let You Go, And I Never Did. I Said I'd Never Let You Fall, And I Always Meant It.....♥♪♫
            sigpicStargate Atlantis - Allies read the fanfic by Garrowan5th and PuddlejumperOz herehttp://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ht=garrowan5th

Comment

I like the anime Hellsing and the Manga, long with Anime/Manga of LOVELESS
              sigpic

Comment

I'm a huge manga reader, I've been to Japan this summer and it was amazing to see all the shops they have!! It's like giant libraries!!

My favorites: Fruits Basket, Naruto, Sailor Moon, Vampire Knight, FullMetal Alchemist, Nana, Hellsing, Kurosh itsuji =D
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mamzelle_Malicia View Post
                  I'm a huge manga reader, I've been to Japan this summer and it was amazing to see all the shops they have!! It's like giant libraries!!

My favorites: Fruits Basket, Naruto, Sailor Moon, Vampire Knight, FullMetal Alchemist, Nana, Hellsing, Kurosh itsuji =D
                  I used to read Nana but I also read Junjo Romatica, DNAngel, Sensual Phrase and a few others... I got hooked on them from a friend.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't read Manga but have recently gotten into the world of anime. It has so much to offer.
                    As of now, my favorites are Full Metal Alchemist, Berserk, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Eureka Seven. I also enjoy Death Note, Last Exile, Eergo Proxy and Cowboy Bebop.
                    I'm currently watching season 1 of the Ghost in the Shell series. I love it.
                    I'm about to begin Monster, which is supposed to just amazing. Unfortunately, they're putting it out on dvd slowly, 15 episodes at a time. I don't know when the next 15 will be released.
                    Moribito is supposed to be quite good and I plan on buying it when a complete season boxset comes out.

Comment

For me, Dragon Ball Z is definetly the best anime I've ever seen not to mention that it was my first one I grew up watching Drangon Ball Z. I remember it was airing everyday from Monday to Friday at 2 pm and I was so excited to see what happens next with Goku. The episodes are made in such a way to keep you tense. And there I was, living in the same time with Goku all those wonderfull,dangerous and spectacular adventures. For 20 minutes, during an episode, I was captured by that Dragon Ball Z world. Nothing beside it existed. I was forgetting about everything that had to do with real life. For 20 minutes I was a part of that incredible world.
                      I never managed to get over Dragon Ball Z. Even today when I rewatch the episodes I feel like something's burning inside of me. I get wistful and I remember the thrill that I felt when I was little and watching DBZ and that thrill comes back everytime I watch DBZ again.

Comment

My favourite anime are: Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, Death Note.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                          Moribito is supposed to be quite good and I plan on buying it when a complete season boxset comes out.
                          Oh yes! Serei no Moribito is one of my favourite anime series. The animation is really well-done, as expected of Production I.G. Most of their works are exceptional stuff. Patlabor 2 and Ghost In The Shell are among my favourite anime of all time.

Since you like Fullmetal, I'd also recommend Darker Than Black. The 2nd season has just ended...and to be honest it was a bit of a disappointment for me, but the 1st season was really, really good. I think you'll like it.

I'm also a big fan of Evangelion. Those of you who felt disappointed by the ending, you should check out the new Rebuild film series. 2 films have been released so far and they were so full of awesomeness, esp. the 2nd one.
                          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I am waiting for all the Rebuild's before I watch them. The ending of the anime was bad enough, Death/Rebirth didn't help and End of Evangelion was like stabbing myself in the head and then trying to learn Chinese. I think Evangelion really should have ended at episode 24.

sigpic

Comment

Tell me about it. To this day people still blame Evangelion for kick-starting the "troll phenomenon" in anime. It took me 4 viewings of End of Evangelion to finally understand what it was all about...well, what I thought it was all about. Still, I winded up appreciating the anime even more as a result and I thought "End of" was actually pretty good afterwards.
                              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I got 'Death/Rebirth' and 'End of' to help me better understand Evangelion's ending. I should have just kept the money and bought something more useful. That is why I am glad they are doing Rebuild. I don't want a dumbed down ending, I just want it explained better.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X