No announcement yet.

"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shawn has the power. He can kill Isabelle, so could her father for that matter, but neither of them will, and who knows what Jordan Collier is able to do. Someone, sometime soon, needs to teach that girl she isn't all powerful, otherwise a lot of people are going to die, that didn't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
      Shawn has the power. He can kill Isabelle, so could her father for that matter, but neither of them will, and who knows what Jordan Collier is able to do. Someone, sometime soon, needs to teach that girl she isn't all powerful, otherwise a lot of people are going to die, that didn't have to.
      I'm not so sure about her father being able to, but Shawn, maybe. I do agree though, someone needs to take her down a peg or two. Otherwise, things may get very ugly.

Speaking of Collier, man I can't wait for his return.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't know.... Isabel jumped off a building and came up without a blemish. She can do a lot more than what we've seen, so far. One thing we have seen, though, is that Isabel has the ability to turn other people's abilities against themselves.

No, the only "strength" or power Shawn and Richard may have over Isabel is moral. They are going to have to touch her heart.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Shawn seems to be an inomaly remember the future didn't choose him he took another's place. Second his power is to heal or take life. That is a hard power to turn against someone. He could possibly figure out a defense agaisnt Isabell. The thing is he might now be able to protect someone else.
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            No, the only "strength" or power Shawn and Richard may have over Isabel is moral. They are going to have to touch her heart.
            With the route she seems to be taking, I wish them luck with that.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I recently watched the first season on DVD and I thought it was pretty good. I was wondering why it had only a few episodes but I later learned that it was kind of a mini-series. Then I skipped all the way to the new season, totally confused now.

Anyways, do most seasons in other shows have about 13 episodes as well? I thought it was around 20.

Comment

Originally posted by starlite07
                I recently watched the first season on DVD and I thought it was pretty good. I was wondering why it had only a few episodes but I later learned that it was kind of a mini-series. Then I skipped all the way to the new season, totally confused now.

Anyways, do most seasons in other shows have about 13 episodes as well? I thought it was around 20.
                In my experience major network shows (Lost, House, Scrubs, 24 etc) all have 20+ episode seasons, while cable shows (4400, Dead Zone etc) have around 13.

Stargates being an exception.

Comment

This show definitely needs more than just 13 episodes. I hope USA changes that for next season.

New episode tonight. Yay!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I have never seen anyone so cheerfully terrifying. Isabel is disturbing to say the least. I feel so sorry for Sean. He's stuck with her and can't seem to get out. She might think he can stop her, but I'd be surprised if he can manage to save himself.

I love the powers they're coming up with. This latest one was certainly unique. It would certainly save a lot of people some hefty psych bills and hours of therapy.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                      I have never seen anyone so cheerfully terrifying. Isabel is disturbing to say the least. I feel so sorry for Sean. He's stuck with her and can't seem to get out. She might think he can stop her, but I'd be surprised if he can manage to save himself.

I love the powers they're coming up with. This latest one was certainly unique. It would certainly save a lot of people some hefty psych bills and hours of therapy.
                      I sure know quite a few people who could use it

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                      hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                      OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Have to say if Shawn can't stop Isabelle, with his powers. I'm left to wonder, how powerful is Jordan Collier, knowing that Matthew wanted to keep him away from Isabelle, he must be able to kill her. Only a few more episodes before Collier's return. He certainly has a big destiny ahead of him, if he can kill Isabelle.

Comment

Well, at least now we know that
                          Spoiler:
                          Shawn can't stop her with his powers either.
                          Boy is he screwed.

I really liked the ending with Tom in this one. He needed someone to talk to, and I'm glad he could
                          Spoiler:
                          get some closure with his Dad.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Have to say if Shawn can't stop Isabelle, with his powers. I'm left to wonder, how powerful is Jordan Collier, knowing that Matthew wanted to keep him away from Isabelle, he must be able to kill her. Only a few more episodes before Collier's return. He certainly has a big destiny ahead of him, if he can kill Isabelle.
                            Could definitely be quite the showdown on the horizon.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

When is Collier coming back? Where is Kyle? How many eps until the season finale?

This episode really showed how Isabelle thinks. She really isn't a bad person. She feels strongly that Shawn can keep her from doing bad things. When she becomes more mature and realizes that she has contol over her own destiny, than Shawn will be free to go. But now she is like "raping" Shawn and forcing him to marry her. Weird stuff!

If I were her I wouldn't be wasting time with him, I would become ruler of the world. He he.

Comment

Originally posted by HarshCritic
                                When is Collier coming back? Where is Kyle? How many eps until the season finale?
                                Spoiler:
                                I've heard Collier will be back in episode 10. I assume Kyle would be back then too or the next episode

There will be 13 episodes this season.

Isabelle is really starting to freak me out, she's like every pyscho ex-girlfriend I've had x100. Problem is, Isabelle has the power to actually force Shawn to stay with her. I'm pretty sure, Shawn is going to end up hating Isabelle and that will push her over the edge.

Comment

Working...
                                X