A Discovery of Witches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Discovery of Witches

I recently finished watching the second season of A Discovery of Witches and was surprised there wasn't a thread for the show on the forum.

For those not familiar with it, it's based on the "All Souls" trilogy by Deborah Harkness. It's about a world where witches, vampires and demons are real and co-exist with humans, though they keep their existence secret.

In the US, the first season ran on BBC America & AMC. The second season shifted to AMC+, AMC's streaming service, though they said it will run on regular television later this year, probably around June.

The first season was mostly setup, introducing us to the world of witches, vampires and demons (though we don't learn as much about the demons, at least not yet). The main characters are Diana Bishop, a witch who never embraced her heritage, and vampire Matthew de Clermont. Alex Kingston, most recently of Doctor Who fame, plays Diana's aunt.

The second season involves time travel and delves into Matthew's past, since as a vampire, he has lived a very long time.

It's a great series and the locations used are fabulous. I haven't read the books, though I plan to at some point.

I've been meaning to check this out. I need to see if there is anywhere I can watch it without signing up for another streaming service.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X