This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billie Piper Book Signing

Billie Piper will do a book-signing tour in the UK next week (October 23 thru 28) for her autobiographical Growing Pains. Her schedule is posted at BilliePiperTour.co.uk.

SFX magazine has a book review with an exclusive excerpt. Here's a snippet..

"I know the reason why Rose spoke to me is that Russell has this rare ability to make women three-dimensional, he gives them complexity. He makes them sensual and sexy, and at the same time raw and silly. It's a gift. He celebrates every female quality and trait, our madness and over-analytical minds, our insecurities and torrid emotions. The character was full of untapped potential. That was something I detected straightaway, and what I really wanted to do with the part of Rose, and what was already on the paper, was to make her as real as the script suggested. Obviously the world of the Doctor is surreal, and fantastical when you’re meeting aliens and flying through wormholes with a nine hundred-year-old guy in a blue box, but even so Russell was making the scripts a lot more domestic than they had been before. I wanted to make her real as Russell had. I prayed and wished and hoped and waited for The Call."

See more of the excerpt in the review at SFX online.

A promotional video of Billie talking about this new book is at VRRRM.com.

Last edited by TRexx; 18 October 2006, 02:40 AM.
Working...
X