X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Oooh, I'd love to see her in DW
    It would certainly be a dream come true for me!

I thought exactly the same when I saw the news

That is very true, but I'd still love to see Gillian Anderson, not neccessarily as the Rani, but she'd make a good one IMO
    Agreed. But even if Gillian weren't to play the Rani...just to see her in the role of a smartly dressed villain on Doctor Who would be awesome!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Doctor Who - Set Photos

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...et-photos.html

Comment

SCULLY!!!!!
        I may cry.
        As long as she has a really meaty villain role, no Ms. Foster-type characters.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          SCULLY!!!!!
          I may cry.
          As long as she has a really meaty villain role, no Ms. Foster-type characters.
          Well I would say the Rani is a meaty villain role. If anyone could pull the Rani off, I'm sure Gillian could.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I definitely agree. And she's got the right hair colour.
            I've loved her since the first X-Files episode. And that woman can RUN! Perfect for 'Doctor Who'.
            In terms of 'new' villains... The new villains we've seen in 'New Who' really haven't come back with much bite or bang. They're mostly one-offs that we never see again. The Slitheen are recurring but they aren't really scary or a real threat. Lady Cassandra is on that same level, too.
            If the entity from 'Midnight' came back, that would be nice. If the Vashta Nerada came back, that might be cool.
            The new villains haven't been as memorable or ultimately dangerous as the 'classic' ones. I hope Moffat creates and uses new villains so they can become as 'big' as the Daleks or the Master.
            Last edited by nx01a; 24 April 2009, 01:23 PM.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Claire Bloom to star in 'Doctor Who?'

Claire Bloom is said to be filming a part for the upcoming Doctor Who specials.

The 78-year-old actress, who starred alongside Richard Burton in Hamlet, Look Back In Anger and The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, will appear in the final episodes of David Tennant's time on the show, the Daily Mail claims.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...octor-who.html

Comment

The IMDB page for the xmas special has some... interesting cast information. Not unexpected, but still... interesting.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Very interesting, yes.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    The IMDB page for the xmas special has some... interesting cast information. Not unexpected, but still... interesting.
                    I have also seen some filming pics/report today that showed:

Spoiler:

John Barrowman/"Captain Jack Harkness" in uniform doing some filming for the 2-part finale episode.

Here is a link to a report (and below are some links to 2 photos by Alun Vega):

http://news.whoviannet.co.uk/2009/04/jacks-back/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alun_v...90447/sizes/l/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alun_v...90663/sizes/l/
                    sigpic

Comment

I had a fuuny feeling this would happen since PoTD.

ETA: Went over to imdb and it looks like they are throwing everything but the kitchen sink into this one.
                      Last edited by LaCroix; 30 April 2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lacroix View Post
                        i had a fuuny feeling this would happen since potd.

Eta: Went over to imdb and it looks like they are throwing everything but the kitchen sink into this one.

potd????
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          potd????
                          Planet of the Dead
                          sigpic

Comment

June Whitfield confirmed for 'Who' special

June Whitfield will star in this year's Doctor Who Christmas special, it has been announced.

The official Doctor Who magazine confirms that Whitfield will feature in David Tennant's final two-part adventure at the end of the year.

The Absolutely Fabulous actress is lined up to play a character called Minnie Hooper.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...o-special.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              June Whitfield confirmed for 'Who' special

June Whitfield will star in this year's Doctor Who Christmas special, it has been announced.

The official Doctor Who magazine confirms that Whitfield will feature in David Tennant's final two-part adventure at the end of the year.

The Absolutely Fabulous actress is lined up to play a character called Minnie Hooper.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...o-special.html
                              indeed it will be awesome... though I am rather disappointed that they are not having her play her character from Ab Fab...

I would love have Edina and Patsy in Who
                              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Minnie Hooper... as opposed to Mini Cooper?
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X