This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrowman 'finds Matt Smith handsome'

John Barrowman has said that he finds Doctor Who newcomer Matt Smith attractive, and has predicted that he will succeed as the Eleventh Doctor.

The actor, who played Captain Jack Harkness in the show and its spinoff Torchwood, told thelondonpaper that the pair had met by chance at the BBC.

Barrowman said: "Matt is an interesting-looking guy and if you are asking do I find him handsome, I would say 'Yes, I do'.

"He's a really nice guy and I think he's going to be great. But afterwards, I felt like I had been cheating on David."

Former Doctor Who star Billie Piper recently said that Smith has the "right energy" to play the lead role in the show.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...-handsome.html

Comment

So John, Billie and Freema have all come out and said he's going to be fantastic, without actually seeing him do anything. What else are they gonna say? That he looks too young and they don't think he'd be able to fill the role?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
        What else are they gonna say?
        "We REALLY hope we get roles in his Doctor Who stories!"
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

John Barrowman talks 'Torchwood', 'Who'

With Torchwood: Children Of Earth finally due to arrive on our screens in the not-too-distant future, the time was right for a catch-up with John Barrowman. So many questions: What can we expect from this new-format series three? Will there be a fourth series? And will he return to Doctor Who to wave off David Tennant? Struggling to contain our excitement and with our spoiler-scoops fully primed, we shared a pizza with the big man to find out more.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1529...hwood-who.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
            So John, Billie and Freema have all come out and said he's going to be fantastic, without actually seeing him do anything. What else are they gonna say? That he looks too young and they don't think he'd be able to fill the role?
            You seem to have forgotten that Billie's worked with him on the two "Sally Lockheart" stories.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Barrowman 'finds Matt Smith handsome'

John Barrowman has said that he finds Doctor Who newcomer Matt Smith attractive, and has predicted that he will succeed as the Eleventh Doctor.
              Who doesn't John Barrowman find attractive?

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                You seem to have forgotten that Billie's worked with him on the two "Sally Lockheart" stories.
                I didn't forget, but I'd imagine playing the Doctor is a much much more demanding role. You can think he might be able to do it, but there's no way to be sure until, you know, he's done it.

Comment

I'm willing to give Matt Smith a fair go if his acting is up to it. If not, then I'll be saying goodbye to the Doctor.

Comment

With Steven Moffat as the driving force behind the 11th Doctor's era I cannot *possibly* see how Matt Smith can be steered wrong. From interviews I've read Matt gets what it is to be the Doctor and Steven definitely knows what the Doctor should be and who should play him:

"The Doctor is a very special part, and it takes a very special actor to play him. You need to be old and young at the same time, a boffin and an action hero, a cheeky schoolboy and the wise old man of the universe. As soon as Matt walked through the door, and blew us away with a bold and brand new take on the Time Lord, we knew we had our man."
                    Moffat's writing has been some of the best in Doctor Who's recent years and his writing outside of the Whoniverse with the series' Coupling and Jekyll have been outstanding! I have absolute faith and trust in him and in his choice for the 11th Doctor. Having watched Matt in Party Animals and Moses Jones I'm 100% certain that Moffat has made the right choice with Matt and that he's gonna be absolutely fantastic as an absolutely fantastic 11th Doctor!

2010 *cannot* come soon enough!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Who is knocking up The Doctor?

"It is returning, it is returning through the dark ... he will knock four times." The psychic lady on the 200 bus said these darkly prophetic words to The Doctor during the conclusion of 'Planet Of The Dead', whipping up the tension ahead of David Tennant's impending departure. But who exactly wants to get in touch with The Doctor? We look at some of the possible characters who might be flexing their knuckles (or tentacles) in advance of the knocking...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...he-doctor.html

Comment

Matt Smith 'eager' to work with Barrowman

Matt Smith has revealed that he is keen to appear alongside John Barrowman on the next series of Doctor Who.

The show's new lead actor recently told Barrowman that he is a huge fan of his alter-ego Captain Jack, who has already teamed up with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant's Doctors.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...barrowman.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Matt Smith 'eager' to work with Barrowman

Matt Smith has revealed that he is keen to appear alongside John Barrowman on the next series of Doctor Who.

The show's new lead actor recently told Barrowman that he is a huge fan of his alter-ego Captain Jack, who has already teamed up with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant's Doctors.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...barrowman.html
                          That would be fantastic! I'm a fan of the character of Captain Jack Harkness and think it's always a pleasure to see him back alongside the Doctor! Here's hoping that they get John Barrowman back again! Steven Moffat did write Captain Jack's first story The Empty Child and he and John seemed to get along incredibly well during the DVD commentary for it so I think there's definitely scope for a return!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I decided to check out Moses Jones to see Matt Smiths acting ability. He's not bad. Loved that Indria Varma (Suzie, from Torchwood) was in it. I think he's going to be a good Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                              I decided to check out Moses Jones to see Matt Smiths acting ability. He's not bad. Loved that Indria Varma (Suzie, from Torchwood) was in it. I think he's going to be a good Doctor.
                              You should see Matt in Party Animals! I cannot speak more highly of him in that!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                You should see Matt in Party Animals! I cannot speak more highly of him in that!

I'll see if it's out on DVD and check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X