Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time I see Strax, I like him even more. He's such a wonderful character.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Every time I see Strax, I like him even more. He's such a wonderful character.
      The Paternoster Gang are one of the best things about the new incarnation of Dr. Who.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Has the new behind the scenes series aired yet?

EDIT: Found it on iPlayer, will watch it tomorrow.
        I watched it on iPlayer earlier. It's too short. You're just getting into it and then it's over.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          I watched it on iPlayer earlier. It's too short. You're just getting into it and then it's over.
          I agree. I'd like it to be about half an hour long.

Comment

Moffat on THAT Deep Breath Cameo

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...ctor+Who+TV%29

Spoiler:

Steven Moffat has explained why he gave Matt Smith’s Doctor a cameo in Deep Breath.

He said [via]: “It just felt utterly right for what we were planning for Peter’s Doctor – and right for Matt’s Doctor that he would think of that as he was just about ready to go out the door. And you think, well it’s never been done before – why not?”

“I did wonder. I wondered when we sat in the cutting room, ‘Does this seem strange?’ And then you remember you’re making Doctor Who and you go, ‘Yes this does seem strange – that’s absolutely fine!’”

Moffat also confirmed that the scene was already shot during filming of 2013 Christmas special [via]: “We shot that on the set of Time of the Doctor which meant I had to write that scene first and then fill in some gumph about clockwork robots.”

The scene seems to have divided fans, some feeling it undermined Capaldi’s Doctor. But the man himself was happy with the scene: “I love Matt, I think he’s fantastic. He had a great kind of wisdom about him; he had this great combination of youthfulness and this very old soul, which is very unique, so I was delighted that he showed up.”

Comment

Oh, I thought it would be longer than that...

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/deep-br...ings-65855.htm
              Last nights viewing rating

Comment

Did I miss something? A joke about the Doctor being the Rani's boyfriend????????
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

New teaser.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    New teaser.

Oh blimey!

Very squeaky bum time, as the other fella might say.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Woo-hoo, Steven Moffot just won the Emmy (American TV awards) for Best mini-series for Sherlock, His Last Vow. Now waiting to see if Benedict wins for best actor. During his introduction they mentioned Doctor Who. He thanked BBC, his wife and Mark Gatiss.

(Benedict and Martin both won!!)
                      Last edited by Lucycat; 25 August 2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Loved the twist in this weeks episode.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

New images for Into the Dalek. Nothing spoilery if you have seen the trailer.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/08...ce=twitterfeed

(Congrats to Steven Moffat, Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman for the Emmy wins!)

Comment

Where did the robot dude end up at the end? Is that going to carry over into the rest of the season I wonder?

hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Where did the robot dude end up at the end? Is that going to carry over into the rest of the season I wonder?

hmmmmmm
                              You should be asking those kind of questions over at the Deep Breath thread. Not here. This thread is for News.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Are they selling those magazines in the UK with the little Dr Who figurines? They started to advertise them here on TV in Australia..

Comment

Working...
                                X