X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good things come to we who wait...
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-...-who-announced

The Worlds of Doctor Who Announced

Fifteen years ago, Big Finish Productions released its first full cast Doctor Who audio. The Sirens of Time, starring Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy, was launched in July 1999, and since then there have been 183 monthly releases and a whole host of spin-offs and specials. To mark this very special anniversary, the company is planning a landmark release, The Worlds of Doctor Who, which is out in October.

“We wanted to do something lavish,” says executive producer Nicholas Briggs. “The Worlds of Doctor Who will be published in similar packaging to the acclaimed Special Edition of our fiftieth anniversary story The Light at the End. That means not only a fantastic story full of lots of familiar friends, but also a glorious book of behind the scenes information and special photography.”

The five-disc release will encompass many of Big Finish’s Doctor Who ranges, while telling one huge interlinking story. It begins with Mind Games, in which Henry Gordon Jago (Christopher Benjamin) and Professor Litefoot (Trevor Baxter) investigate a sinister stage magician who is working at Jago’s theatre in Victorian London. That magician, Mr Rees, will make his presence felt throughout these adventures, and he is played by none other than Jamie Glover, who portrayed William Russell in An Adventure in Space and Time.
      More at Link above.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Steven Moffat on his Doctor Who Future

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/steven-...ctor+Who+TV%29

Steven Moffat has spoken about his future as Doctor Who’s lead writer.

In an interview with Assignment X Moffat gave some thoughts on how long he thinks he be running both Sherlock and Doctor Who.

He said: “You never know that in advance. If we weren’t enjoying it, or we didn’t think there was anything good left to do, we’d stop, but we haven’t reached that point yet, is all we can say.

“I can envision just doing [Sherlock] for a while – for quite a while, possibly. The fact that we only do it occasionally means it’s not swamping anyone’s schedule.

He adds: “Eventually, I’ll stop doing Doctor Who, because it stops me doing anything else. But Sherlock doesn’t swamp my schedule, doesn’t swamp anyone. So I could imagine we’ll come back and do Sherlock fairly often for many years, rather than very often for a few years.”

Comment

Silva Screen Award Nomination

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/02...ce=twitterfeed

Silva Screen have been nominated for an International Film Music Critics Association Award for the 2013 release of Doctor Who: The 50th Anniversary Collection

The four CD set, released in December, featured 129 tracks of music music from five decades of Doctor Who. It included many pieces that had never before been released, with tracks from composers including Tristram Cary, Brian Hodgson, Dudley Simpson, Geoffrey Burgon, Paddy Kingsland, Roger Limb, Malcolm Clarke, Keff McCulloch, Dominic Glynn, John Debney, Mark Ayres and Murray Gold. The album was produced by Mark Ayres, Reynold DaSilva and David Stoner with liner notes by Mark Ayres and album art direction by Stuart Ford.

The nomination is for BEST ARCHIVAL RELEASE OF AN EXISTING SCORE – COMPILATION

Other nominees are Lethal Weapon Soundtrack Collection, music by Michael Kamen, Eric Clapton and David Sanborn; Michel Legrand Anthology, music by Michel Legrand; Varèse Sarabande: A 35th Anniversary Celebration, music by Various Composers; The X-Files: Volume Two, music by Mark Snow.

The International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) is an association of online, print and radio journalists who specialize in writing about original film and television music. The annual IFMCA Awards, which were first presented in 2004, are the only awards given to composers by film music journalists.

The winners will be announced at the 10th IFMCA Awards on February 20, 2014.

The CD Collection is available from Amazon.

Comment

Paterson Joseph discusses audition for The Doctor

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...ition-for.html

Paterson Joseph has been talking to The Independent about his audition for the role of The Eleventh Doctor. On discovery that his name had been connected to the coveted role he said:
            "I was in South Africa at the time, and I think if I'd been in England I probably would have suffered some sort of trauma. But I'll be very honest with you. I was overjoyed."
            He then goes on to say that at that point his agent had not been contacted but then flew to the UK to audition for the role, adding:
            "But then I came back and I think I pretty much knew that I hadn't got it [the part went to Matt Smith], and weirdly wasn't disappointed. I walk down the street and no one knows me, but if I were the Doctor, that would certainly be the case [that people would know him]. Even in France where I live, it would still be the case."
            Joseph, who starred in the 2005 two-parter Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways, concludes:
            "It's an accolade. Years later, I'm still being asked that question and I'm not embarrassed by it. It tickles me pink because I didn't even have to do the job and yet I got a bit of kudos!"

Comment

Anyone else just impatient for new episodes?
              sigpic

Comment

I can wait... I can wait...
                I can wait for my Clara fix...

Good things, as I have said before, come to we who wait...
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Waiting is overrated
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    Waiting is overrated
                    I think the Doctor said it best in The Power of Three - "I hate being patient! Patience is for wimps."

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Aye aye!\
                      sigpic

Comment

Christopher Barry 1925 - 2014
                        Monday, 10 February, 2014 - Reported by Marcus

Veteran director Christopher Barry has died at the age of 88.

Christopher Barry was responsible for some of the most admired stories from the classic series of Doctor Who, where he was the longest serving director, responsible for 43 episodes spanning the years 1963-1979. He directed all of the first four Doctors - one of only three directors to do so.

Barry joined the Doctor Who team in the late summer of 1963, when he was assigned to direct the second story, The Daleks, replacing Rex Tucker who had left after artistic differences with producer Verity Lambert. The script he would bring to life would see the introduction of the Daleks and ensure the success of the fledgling series. Barry would end up directing episodes 1,2,4 and 5 of the story, creating the 'sink-plunger' cliff hanger at the end of episode 1 which would see the nation on the edge of their seats until the full revelation of the Dalek machine in episode 2. He was in the studio directing episode 2 when the news of President Kennedy's assassination broke.

Barry returned to the series a year later, directing The Rescue, the story which saw the introduction of the first new companion since the series start, Vicki, played by Maureen O'Brien. He stayed on to direct the next story The Romans, a historical romp which saw much more humour introduced to the series. Having introduced a companion, his next Doctor Who assignment was to see the departure of another, as his final story with William Hartnell, The Savages, was to be the last story to feature Steven Taylor, as played by Peter Purves.

In 1966, Barry introduced a new Doctor to the world when he directed Patrick Troughton's first story, The Power of the Daleks. The story, long missing from the archives, had the difficult job of introducing a new lead actor to the series and cementing the long term success of the series.

His next outing was with the third Doctor, Jon Pertwee, when he directed the 1971 story The Dæmons. Long regarded as a classic, the story is often cited as a favourite by members of the cast and production team. Barry returned the following year to direct the six part story The Mutants.

Having overseen the debut of one Doctor in 1966, Barry was able to do so once again when, at the end of 1974, he directed Robot, introducing the world to the man who would become the longest-serving (continuous) on-screen Doctor - and arguably the most famous in the public eye from the 'classic' era - Tom Baker. The story was one of the first with all location work recorded direct onto video tape using a BBC OB unit. The following year he directed another classic, The Brain of Morbius, which saw the fourth Doctor encounter the eccentric surgeon Solon and his Time Lord secret. It was in this story Barry featured on screen alongside other production team members as one of the faces projected onto the screen during the Doctor's mind battle with Morbius.

Barry's final story for classic Doctor Who came in 1979 when he directed the four part story The Creature from the Pit. however, while the series was off air he also directed the 1995 story Downtime, a direct-to-video story produced by the independent production company Reeltime Pictures.

Christopher Barry began his film and TV career in the movies, working as an assistant director on star vehicles including Meet Mr. Lucifer (1953), The Love Lottery (1954) and The Ship That Died of Shame (1955). By 1958 he was directing, working on the BBC’s Starr and Company, the crime drama Private Investigator and the long-running Compact. He directed episodes of Paul Temple, Moonbase 3, Poldark, Angels, Nicholas Nickleby, The Onedin Line, Z Cars, All Creatures Great and Small, Nanny and Juliet Bravo. He also directed eleven episodes of the TV adaptation of John Christopher's The Tripods.

Christopher Barry died after a fall at his home in Oxfordshire.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/02...1925-2014.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Doctor Who series 8: Peter Capaldi age makes no difference, says Moffat

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...ys-moffat.html

Doctor Who boss Steven Moffat has said that casting 55-year-old Peter Capaldi makes "no difference" to the show.

Moffat told IGN that the return to an older Doctor will not affect the BBC sci-fi series.

"It's all the difference in the world - because suddenly he's a man in his 50s with grey hair - and [yet] it's no difference at all," the showrunner claimed.

"Never mind that, John Hurt's 73, and how great was he? And kids love the John Hurt Doctor."

Moffat added that he could think of only "one actor" of a similar age to Capaldi's predecessor Matt Smith "who'd be a brilliant choice for the Doctor".

"But you just think, 'It's another sexy young man with amazing hair,' and we've done that," he argued.

Doctor Who's eighth series is shooting in Cardiff and will debut on BBC One in late 2014.

Comment

Peter Capaldi Dressed as the Doctor… in 2009?!
                            Published on February 10th, 2014 | by Christian Cawley

Here’s a nice surprise for you that comes with free chuckles. Peter Capaldi, wearing an outfit not unlike his Twelfth Doctor attire, on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, back in 2009!

Appearing on the show to promote In the Loop, the made for cinema, international version of hit TV show The Thick of It (in which Capaldi played his most popular role to date, that of foul-mouthed Malcolm Tucker), the presence of “the magician” is evident as is a sense of long-lost friendship – the pair were once in a band together.

Advisory note – there is discussion about drug taking in this clip.

(With thanks to STLShawn in the Kasterborous Forum!)

Link to original article here: http://www.kasterborous.com/2014/02/...d-doctor-2009/

Comment

Tweet from DW director Paul Murphy (@paul_murfy)
                              Off to find some stunning, spectacular locations the next series. Gonna be huge! #DoctorWho
                              I'm now following him on twitter to see if he goes to NZ.

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/matt-sm...aldi-60821.htm
                                Matt Smith doesn't want to see River with Capaldi.

Comment

Working...
                                X