X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Moffat Explains Series 7 Delay
    October 10th, 2011

Link to original article here: http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-expl...elay-27296.htm
    Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    Okay, that does sound like good reasoning and I for one don't mind the change. I am getting more and more excited about the 50th anniversary stuff (unless that also ends up being Rule #1...). Also more and more convinced it's going to be the mother of all multi-Doctor stories, but that's just speculation and wishful thinking at this juncture.
    Well with Doctor Who having started in November 1963, it makes sense to re-adjust everything so that when the 50th anniversary series airs it includes November 23rd as a broadcast date. I had a feeling they'd do this. November 23rd in 2013 falls on a Saturday incidentally so it'd be crazy for them not to include such a date for the big 5-0.

As for a multi-Doctor story (or stories). Maybe. In the season preceding the 20th anniversary TV movie The Five Doctors, Doctor Who brought back old friends and old enemies...maybe Mr. Moffat will do the same in the lead up to the 50th anniversary story. With this show having a rich and varied 50-years there's no shortage of things to call back on. With Mr. Moffat...you never know.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Hasnt Moffat already said we could see old enemies returning?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Hasnt Moffat already said we could see old enemies returning?
        I don't think Mr. Moffat has specified anything. He just said expect treats and that 2013 will be a good year to be a fan of Doctor Who.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

more and more convinced it's going to be the mother of all multi-Doctor stories
          I doubt it, unless they blend in old footage the way Star Trek: Deep Space Nine did with the episode "Trials and Tribble-ations" sadly both Tom & Colin Baker have grown too old and too heavy to play their Doctors again and Eccelston has said he will never return to the role.
          sigpic
          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
            I doubt it, unless they blend in old footage the way Star Trek: Deep Space Nine did with the episode "Trials and Tribble-ations" sadly both Tom & Colin Baker have grown too old and too heavy to play their Doctors again and Eccelston has said he will never return to the role.
            Don't you remember Time Crash? The Doctor's fifth incarnation appears physically older in the presence of the Doctor's tenth incarnation due to their shorting out of the time differential between them. That's how Steven Moffat explained Peter Davison's aged Doctor. If he could it with him, he could do it with with Tom and Colin too.

Comment

Nah. That was a one off for Children in Need, if that happened when timelines are crossed then it would have been the case in the Three Doctors as well as the Five Doctors, besides do you really want to see Tom & Colin as they are dressed as the Doctor?
              sigpic

Comment

Nah. That was a one off for Children in Need, if that happened when timelines are crossed then it would have been the case in the Three Doctors as well as the Five Doctors, besides do you really want to see Tom & Colin as they are dressed as the Doctor?
                In an interview Mr. Moffat gave to DWM he said that Time Crash IS canonical.
                And I wouldn't mind seeing Tom and Colin back as the Doctor for a little bit.

Comment

I really wouldn't want to see that, it reaches a point where an actor gets too old for heroic roles and it just becomes sad. Remember the old jokes about the crew of the Enterprise being so old that the only place they could boldly go is to Florida?
                  sigpic

Comment

I really wouldn't want to see that, it reaches a point where an actor gets too old for heroic roles and it just becomes sad. Remember the old jokes about the crew of the Enterprise being so old that the only place they could boldly go is to Florida?
                    No.

Comment

Yeah, I love the 4th & 6th Doctors, I'd rather remember them as they were not see them as old men trying to recapture lost youth, that always makes me feel sad.
                      sigpic

Comment

No....... I don't want to see old actors as the Doctor again. The one off thing was OK but seriously NO....Don't do this. Bugger the fans. Do something original, and different.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

If previous Doctors came back I wouldn't mind...but I think in 2013 the Doctor's current incarnation should have the focus all on him and there should be lots of things that call back into the past. What specifically I'd like to see though I'm not sure.

At the Doctor Who Experience currently based in London they've got the Console Room used by Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy - Maybe they could work that in to a story in 2013 just as the Christopher Eccleston/David Tennant Console Room was worked in to The Doctor's Wife? Maybe a visit to a newly redecorated TARDIS wardrobe room? It'd be a treasure trove of past clothes and items the Doctor and his companions have worn in the past.

Comment

It really is too late for most of the old actors to reprise their roles.

On some level in the past it worked reasonably well. Patrick Troughton springs to mind, since his re-appearances as an older actor could be folded pretty easily into the proposed years of his traveling with Jamie and working for the Celestial Intervention Agency.

But with things as they are now, (aside from CE and DT) I can only really see it working if they bring back Paul McGann. With only one on-screen appearance and us never having seen him regenerate, he could basically show up as the Doctor any time they like without even bothering to make an excuse as to why he looks older than he did in the DW movie.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              It really is too late for most of the old actors to reprise their roles.

On some level in the past it worked reasonably well. Patrick Troughton springs to mind, since his re-appearances as an older actor could be folded pretty easily into the proposed years of his traveling with Jamie and working for the Celestial Intervention Agency.

But with things as they are now, (aside from CE and DT) I can only really see it working if they bring back Paul McGann. With only one on-screen appearance and us never having seen him regenerate, he could basically show up as the Doctor any time they like without even bothering to make an excuse as to why he looks older than he did in the DW movie.
                              I don't think Sylvester McCoy looks all that different these days to how he looked from 1987 to 1996. I've seen him in more recent photoshoots dressed up as the Doctor and he could easily come back with not too much trouble.

I agree with Paul McGann too. Between his last appearance and the end of the Time War there's no telling how much time has passed so an older McGann incarnation of the Doctor would be easy enough to explain away. But he hasn't aged all that much since 1996. Here's a vid clip of him from a recent convention appearance:

Comment

I agree with Paul McGann too. Between his last appearance and the end of the Time War there's no telling how much time has passed so an older McGann incarnation of the Doctor would be easy enough to explain away.
                                My reasoning exactly

But he hasn't aged all that much since 1996. Here's a vid clip of him from a recent convention appearance:
                                Haven't gotten up to the movie yet, so I don't really know how much he's changed from then to this clip
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X