• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    So if it's either Morrisey, Joseph or Carlyle... and Morrisey was
    Spoiler:
    not the Doctor
    , and Carlyle is going to SGU.... that practically implies Joseph.
    Aahhh, but! *Gestures emphatically* Morrisey could still be the Doctor.

There's a couple of precidents for actors who've previously appeared in Doctor Who subsequently being cast as Time Lords.

Lalla Ward (Romana II) first appeared as Princess Astra in the story "The Armageddon Factor" in 1979, while Colin Baker (the Sixth Doctor) first appeard as Commander Maxil in the story "Arc of Infinity" in 1983.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Aahhh, but! *Gestures emphatically* Morrisey could still be the Doctor.

There's a couple of precidents for actors who've previously appeared in Doctor Who subsequently being cast as Time Lords.

Lalla Ward (Romana II) first appeared as Princess Astra in the story "The Armageddon Factor" in 1979, while Colin Baker (the Sixth Doctor) first appeard as Commander Maxil in the story "Arc of Infinity" in 1983.
      Certainly, but I don't think they could get away with it these days.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Certainly, but I don't think they could get away with it these days.
        To quote the late, great Chick Murray - "You never know..."
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Well, circumstantial evidence does point at Paterson Joseph... but we'll know, in les than 24 hours! *wants to know, now*
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

It's the 'Or woman' comments in the bit's I've been reading that's beginning to make me squirm, lets hope someone is yanking our chains

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              It's the 'Or woman' comments in the bit's I've been reading that's beginning to make me squirm, lets hope someone is yanking our chains
              *Shudders*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

*Shudders*
                Yeah, take heart tho, RTD had nothing to do with this choice whoever it is it's down to Stephen Moffat

Comment

Yeah, take heart tho, RTD had nothing to do with this choice whoever it is it's down to Stephen Moffat
                  Thank God.

But I still fear this.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah lets slap RTD for casting both Chris and David, he knows nothing obviously. They were horrible choices! Look how many fans hated them... how many people ran away.

Comment

Is Paterson Joseph going to be cast as The Doctor? Please don't misconstrue my opinion as racist here but that seems bizarre. So is casting a woman in the role. Namely because the character of the Doctor is a white male. There are black TimeLords, and there are TimeLadies, but they cannot seriously cast anyone other than a Caucasian male in the role of The Doctor. It would be like making a Shaft remake with a white guy. The intentions are good, but the idea just doesn't fly.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                        Is Paterson Joseph going to be cast as The Doctor? Please don't misconstrue my opinion as racist here but that seems bizarre. So is casting a woman in the role. Namely because the character of the Doctor is a white male. There are black TimeLords, and there are TimeLadies, but they cannot seriously cast anyone other than a Caucasian male in the role of The Doctor. It would be like making a Shaft remake with a white guy. The intentions are good, but the idea just doesn't fly.
                        We will know in about, what? 8 hours? I think it is announced around 5.30 pm in the UK on Saturday.

I think it will sadly be Nesbitt, it is looking more and more likely.

As for a black Doctor, well there seriously is nothing in canon to say it can't happen. Just like a female Doctor.

I don't think you are racist, I just think like a lot of folks you see The Doctor as a certain type of man/character and being black could change that, as being female might or being Asian or being 10 feet tall or disabled or something.

However remember we had a very old man in the role at one stage and we have had a young guy (well to me ) in it for the last few years.

Anything should really be possible IMHO.

Just not Nesbitt!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          Oh yeah lets slap RTD for casting both Chris and David, he knows nothing obviously. They were horrible choices! Look how many fans hated them... how many people ran away.
                          Initially, I was more concerned about the casting of Billie Piper.

But I've been more than happy to have been proved wrong.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.
                          I confidently predict that the Doctor Who Forum servers will explode shortly after 1735hrs GMT tonight.

I also confidently predict that even if the Eleventh Doctor is a fairly well known actor/actress *Hastily covers all the bases* there will be a minority of persons both here and on the Dr. Who forum who will be moaning that they've never heard of him/her.

Guys, there's these things called the Internet Movie Database, and Wikipedia. Try looking them up...
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank God.

But I still fear this.
                            All together now...

Who's the black private dick
                            That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
                            Shaft, ya, damn right

Comment

All together now...

Who's the black private dick
                              That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
                              Shaft, ya, damn right
                              Yeah I can dig it...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                                ...the character of the Doctor is a white male...they cannot seriously cast anyone other than a Caucasian male in the role of The Doctor.
                                The hair colour of the Doctor has been black, brown, indeterninate and blond. If that can change, surely the skin colour can change. Is it worth pointing out that certain Doctors have been significantly pinker, sallower or tanned than others?

What is more, the accent has gone from plummy to plummier to scottish to north-west to essex. If that can change, there's really not much to changing skin colour.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X