Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 News, Articles, Interviews, Misc. tidbits (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warehouse 13 News, Articles, Interviews, Misc. tidbits (Possible Spoilers)

Please check out the link below for a new interview with Eddie McClintock (Warehouse 13's Pete Lattimer)

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...or-petes-sake/

I figured we needed a place to post news and discuss it.

I guess the biggest news to start with is that Warehouse13 was picked up for a 2nd Season!

SYFY RENEWS SUMMER SMASH HIT 'WAREHOUSE 13' FOR SECOND SEASON

On Track to Be Biggest Hit in Syfy History

NEW YORK – August 20, 2009 – Syfy has ordered 13 episodes of its smash hit original series Warehouse 13 for a second season, it was announced today by Mark Stern, Syfy's Executive Vice President, Original Content & Co-Head Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. Warehouse 13 is slated for a summer 2010 return.

Returning for the second season are Warehouse 13 stars Eddie McClintock, Joanne Kelly, Saul Rubinek and Allison Scagliotti. The finale airs on September 22 @ 9pm ET/PT and features guest stars CCH Pounder (The Shield) and Roger Rees (West Wing).

In its first season, Warehouse 13 has delivered a 2.9 Household rating (including only the weeks for which full DVR data is available), 4.02 million total viewers, 1.99 million Adults 25-54 and 1.57 million Adults 18-49.

Having just reached the mid-point of the season, Warehouse 13 is tracking to be the highest-rated and most-watched first season ever for a Syfy original series, even topping Battlestar Galactica's 2.4 Household rating and 2.86 million total viewer averages.

Full Story
    sigpic

Comment

Warehouse 13 ratings set another Syfy record

Warehouse 13 continues to set rating records for Syfy. The show's sixth episode, "Burnout", which aired on August 11, was the most watched series telecast in the network's 17-year history, with a total viewership of 4.4 million.

The previous record for the most-watched series telecast on Syfy had been the fifth episode of Warehouse 13, aired the previous week.

More than 1 million of the 4.4 million total viewership came via DVR playback.

The six episodes of Warehouse 13 broadcast to that date, including full Live + 7 DVR data, all rank in the top 10 most watched series telecasts ever on Syfy.

In head-to-head competition in the 9PM (ET/PT) time slot, Warehouse 13 outperformed TNT's Hawthorne by +24% in Adults 25-54, +11% in total viewers, and +9% in Adults 18-49.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/warehou...atings-set.php

Comment

This show is just dealing. Those are amazing numbers! I think some eps even beat out "Tin Man".
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          This show is just dealing. Those are amazing numbers! I think some eps even beat out "Tin Man".
          I really enjoy this show, but these ratings numbers are amazing even me.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I really enjoy this show, but these ratings numbers are amazing even me.

I thought this show was going to get like Sanctuary ratings. Which are considered good. But this show is even blowing away the gates and BSG in their prime on SyFy! I think this show has so much potential and I really hope they utilize these high ratings and make an even better show.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought this show was going to get like Sanctuary ratings. Which are considered good. But this show is even blowing away the gates and BSG in their prime on SyFy! I think this show has so much potential and I really hope they utilize these high ratings and make an even better show.
              If this show continues to get better, how high will the ratings go?
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

One should not diminish the the epic height of Warehouse 13's ratings but they seem to have plateau. I think they have gone as high as they will go
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I think the show is getting better, but there have been better shows on SciFi in previous years. I think this show was just enough science fiction to bring in those fans and enough of a dramedy to bring in fans who wouldn't ever watch a space-based show. Decent actors with improving scripts will and have kept people around.

It also helps that it is airing in the summer on a Tuesday with nothing really up against. I definitely do not think it would get these ratings against the major network's fall line-up.
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                    I think the show is getting better, but there have been better shows on SciFi in previous years. I think this show was just enough science fiction to bring in those fans and enough of a dramedy to bring in fans who wouldn't ever watch a space-based show. Decent actors with improving scripts will and have kept people around.

It also helps that it is airing in the summer on a Tuesday with nothing really up against. I definitely do not think it would get these ratings against the major network's fall line-up.
                    Most definitely not.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      If this show continues to get better, how high will the ratings go?
                      I think 4 Million is the highest it will peak, heck even if the show was pulling half of that it would be successful.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      One should not diminish the the epic height of Warehouse 13's ratings but they seem to have plateau. I think they have gone as high as they will go
                      4 Million viewers for an average episode in the middle of a season is epic for SyFy, so yeah it has likely peaked.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post

Which makes me wonder how SGU is going to do.
                        sigpic

Comment

Which makes me wonder how SGU is going to do.
                          Time will tell. We are getting close.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

'Warehouse 13' Now Most-Watched Syfy Show In History (Record previously held by 'Stargate: Atlantis')

It took five years, but "Stargate: Atlantis" has sadly watched yet another record tumble.

"Warehouse 13," which premiered the same time SciFi Channel officially changed its name to Syfy, has been breaking ratings records on the cable outlet left and right, including one last week that has made it Syfy's most-watched episode in the network's 17-year history.

The 4.4 million people who tuned in for "Warehouse 13" last week beat out the 4.2 million people who tuned in for the series premiere of "Atlantis" on July 16, 2004 called "Rising." No show, not even "Eureka," had been able to beat those numbers in the past, and "Warehouse 13" did it with a non-premiere, non-finale episode.

That can only point to how successful "Warehouse 13" is for Syfy, which has become its new breakout hit. The show, which stars Eddie McClintock, Joanne Kelly and Saul Rubinek, has blasted away not only "Atlantis'" record, but its own. The show premiered to 3.5 million viewers in July, and has been climbing ever since.

McClintock and Kelly play Secret Service agents who are tasked to find relics with special powers that must be kept in a warehouse in the Midwest. The comedy-drama hybrid is part of Syfy's continuing efforts to produce more cost-effective and mainstream-oriented "grounded" series, pulling some of its efforts off of space ships and out of space.

Syfy, however, isn't fully abandoning that concept. Its new series "Stargate: Universe," which premieres in October, is set aboard an intergalactic ship known as the Destiny that was built by the Ancients to place stargates throughout the cosmos.

"Warehouse 13" airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET on Syfy
                            http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/6678
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, I am glad Warehouse 13 has been so successful thus far for SyFy. I certainly could have never hoped for this level of success though.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X