No announcement yet.

Escape to L.A. (404)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can understand rex's frustration with what's her name keeping her cell phone and checking on the kids - and what the heck did she think was going to happen beyond them going into 'foster care' (anyone not think they're being held hostage????) but seriously, his temper tantrum in the middle of the op is worse than her distraction with the phone.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      IDK...I just think people are looking for reasons to complain. Besides...after this season there may not be a reason to complain.
      *sigh*

I'm NOT complaining. I am very much enjoying it. Not as good as CoE, but certainly amongst Torchwood's best.

However, I seriously believe that there are American filming styles creeping in, it's to be expected when you're using American crews. The initial scene was one of the most painfully obvious ones, indeed, particularly the later scenes involving the triangle and the disembodied voice...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Thoroughly enjoying this show. Seeing all the consequences of no one dying, the shift in moral attitudes, abandoning people who should be dead in the same way lepers were banished to colonies, out of sight out of mind!! The worst was that woman being crushed in the car, you just knew that the eyeball would still be left blinking away inside there!

I'm just dying to know who's behind all this and what poor Jack is going to have to face. It's quite horrible to think when it's all over and things go back to how it should be, what will happen when all the people who should have died over the period of time during the miracle, all die suddenly at once! Won't be sad to see Oswald die painfully, isn't he a wonderfully creepy character?! A great villain, elicits sympathy on occasion, but we are never allowed to forget what he really is!

Comment

I thought this was another really good episode. I am definitely enjoying this season thus far.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I thought this was another really good episode. I am definitely enjoying this season thus far.
            As am I!
            sigpic

Comment

The Families Will Rise

Jack gave them something a long time ago

Waiting for the perfect location

They once had names

At least we're finally getting clues about the "people" behind this
              sigpic

Comment

Another good episode, I'm liking the mystery of how Jack knows the people or beings causing the miracle and I'm intrigued by that line from the assassin about more miracles to come.

However on another note I'm getting sick of this whole Jack always getting grabbed and not being able to save the day, Jack's always been the save the day kind of character and I know they are trying to make this different from previous series of Torchwood but I want Jack to start to kicking some butt and saving the day again.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  As am I!
                  Yes I really Dug Gwen in a suit with her hair up and i must listen again to see if Jack called her "Mistress" at one point
                  ----------------------------
                  You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

1. Liked the "Dead is Dead" campaign, interesting that the triangle people/Families/whoever they are felt the need to crush her though.

2. Credit to Danes for ballsiness.

3. Not sure what to make of Esther reporting her sister...sympathise though and in moments like that...sometimes you don't think straight.

4. Poor Rhys...he thought he's sorted stuff out only to deliver Gwen's Dad into the handsof the badguys!

What the bad guys want to do with the supposed-to-be-dead is anyone's guess.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                      1. Liked the "Dead is Dead" campaign, interesting that the triangle people/Families/whoever they are felt the need to crush her though.

2. Credit to Danes for ballsiness.

3. Not sure what to make of Esther reporting her sister...sympathise though and in moments like that...sometimes you don't think straight.

4. Poor Rhys...he thought he's sorted stuff out only to deliver Gwen's Dad into the handsof the badguys!

What the bad guys want to do with the supposed-to-be-dead is anyone's guess.
                      I know Esther wasn't exactly thinking straight but she surely had to know that they would take the children away given the state her sister was it, when she first reported her I thought that Esther wanted the kids to be taken away and it was only later when she found out and was shell-shocked by it that I realised she hadn't meant for it to happen.
                      sigpic

Comment

Esther just wanted the kids cared for, and the mom obviously wasn't in any state to do that. She was naive to think they wouldn't be taken away.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          Esther just wanted the kids cared for, and the mom obviously wasn't in any state to do that. She was naive to think they wouldn't be taken away.
                          Very - it's like calling the cops on someone for doing drugs and being surprised when they get arrested
                          sigpic

Comment

Taking kids away is not the first step in these proceedings, however, as the later phone call indicated, she believed they'd be working WITH her sister to help her improve the situation at home. And indeed, they were for a brief spell.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X