Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just watched "children of earth" again but missed the ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched "children of earth" again but missed the ending.

Just watched this again and now I remember why this series made me so angry for showing how slimy and snakelike all politicians are, and how they are only after their own interests.

But I missed the ending again Grrrr.

Did Frobisher or any of the other pollies get their comeuppance?

Was he just an ordinary Minister. How could he have the authority to order someone to be killed?

I thought Torchwood was known as the good guys why go after them? They could have dealt with the aliens.

Actually on that I am surprised that Torchwood lacked any kind of weapons to deal with the aliens yet they were able to shoot down the Sycorax ship in Doctor Who. plot hole big time there.

Found a nice site with an interesting list of plot points

http://a-silver-story.livejournal.com/70491.html

Some interesting stuff there. Like why did all the other countries just blindly follow the UK and not ask too many questions? All too convenient.

And if the aliens can only come when inside a tank just don't build it.

Why didn't they use their super duper teleport thing to get kids? Why the false pretense?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Just watched this again and now I remember why this series made me so angry for showing how slimy and snakelike all politicians are, and how they are only after their own interests.

Was he just an ordinary Minister. How could he have the authority to order someone to be killed?

I thought Torchwood was known as the good guys why go after them? They could have dealt with the aliens.

Actually on that I am surprised that Torchwood lacked any kind of weapons to deal with the aliens yet they were able to shoot down the Sycorax ship in Doctor Who. plot hole big time there.

Some interesting stuff there. Like why did all the other countries just blindly follow the UK and not ask too many questions? All too convenient.

Why didn't they use their super duper teleport thing to get kids? Why the false pretense?
    Havent watched this in awhile.
    If I remember rightly, Frobisher
    Spoiler:
    is made to send his children to the 456 to show the Government is included in the inoculation coverup, but Frobisher goes home and shoots his children and himself instead
    The Home Secretary also uses the contact lenses to record the meetings and gain leverage over the Prime Minister

I think they didnt use the weapon that shot down the Sycorax ship as they were probably worried that the 456 would just kill all the children using their link.
    Also, if the UK hadnt built the tank, same as above probably would have happened. The UK were scared of the 456 so followed their orders.

Comment

That's fair enough but all the other nations on Earth blindly handed kids over and asked no questions? What's with that?

And UNIT suddenly became useless.

Seriously if the aliens were that threatening why didn't they use their super dooper teleport to kidnap kids and not ask?

Comment

That's fair enough but all the other nations on Earth blindly handed kids over and asked no questions? What's with that?

And UNIT suddenly became useless.

Seriously if the aliens were that threatening why didn't they use their super dooper teleport to kidnap kids and not ask?
        Not sure on the other countries, maybe they were just told about the threat?
        Also, dunno about UNIT.
        I think the aliens didnt just teleport them as we had had dealing with them before, but I dunno, all good questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

I think the aliens didnt just teleport them as we had had dealing with them before, but I dunno, all good questions.

No, no I mean the teleport the aliens used to get in the tank. If they can do that then why couldn't they just use the teleport to snatch kids?

And their threat to wipe out everyone was hollow..... If htey had done that they'd have wiped out their own drug supply.

Comment

Not sure, guess its just one of those things to create a story, maybe they cant teleport multiple targets?

Comment

In regards to the weapon seen against the sycorax. That was Torchwood London. There's a good chance that Torchwood Cardiff has no access to it either because it was destroyed or they didn't have security clearance for it.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                In regards to the weapon seen against the sycorax. That was Torchwood London. There's a good chance that Torchwood Cardiff has no access to it either because it was destroyed or they didn't have security clearance for it.

What? Aren't all the Torchwoods the same organisation? Why would you need clearance to go from one to the otner? And what about UNIT?

Comment

Just watching this again, Jack does talk to UNIT in episode 1 over the phone, mentioning Marthas on a honeymoon so is talking to a sergeant Grunt, and that UNIT were performing tests on children in LA. Thats all I got on UNIT so far.
                  To be honest, theres just fleeting mentons of them.

EDIT:Just rewatching episode 3 - 5, theres a UNIT representative at the meeting with the British Prime minister.
                  And UNIT takes over the children operation in episode 5.
                  Last edited by Teddybrown; 24 July 2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X