Miracle Day : Are they still healing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miracle Day : Are they still healing?

It seems a pretty obvious answer, but I don't think they've addressed it directly on the show. So, are people still healing like normal from their injuries?
    sigpic

Yeah people are still healing.

In episode 5 Rex talked about how he was category 1 due to his original injury but is now category 2 because he's had proper treatment and time to heal. So his injury isn't what could be considered life threatening under normal circumstances any more if he took care of his injuries.

sigpic

Comment

I wonder if CENSORED....would have been a spoiler for some.

Comment

Yes they are healing, although you would expect a little more improvement in Rex but I guess he isn't taking it easy like someone would after an injury of that level.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          Yes they are healing, although you would expect a little more improvement in Rex but I guess he isn't taking it easy like someone would after an injury of that level.
          There's a damn good reason why medical professionals reccomend 'rest', and Rex certainly isn't following that advice...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

They might be still healing, but are they actually starting to die too?

Think about it. If the Miracle was still happening, wouldn't Vera still be alive, but as a mound of ashes?

And what about Colin (San Pedro Overflow Camp director)? Is he still alive after being shot by Ralph? The show seems to be hinting at the fact that people can now die again after Miracle Day, but by the seasons logic, Miracle Day happened literally days ago, and afterwards, people that should have died, remained alive.

What suddenly changed to make Vera and Colin both the exception to this rule?

Hell, even "Hitman" was still alive after being shot several times in "Dead Of Night", aswell as Ellis Hartley Monroe still being alive after being put through a car compactor in "Escape To L.A".

Both those events happened after the Miracle. What's changed since then?
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

With Colin, he was simply "stunned" unconscious by the force of the shot. I didn't notice where he was hit, but it did seem a slightly excessive response, given how many people are shot every day and stay awake.

Both his and Esther's stranglings were more interesting. We can take it that unconsciousness can be induced as a "physical" manifestation of lack of oxygen but it won't kill. Presumably alive but brain dead. The obvious experiment would be a cerebectomy - a living body with no brain.

Vera's is quite a weird one as it pushes the "theory" of the plot to the limit. We saw crispy-critter man from the explosion (ep 2?) being experimented on and he was still alive. On that basis, I would agree with Billz: she is technically still alive. But in powder form. As such, SHE presumably can't still heal (too much damage to the cells): but she has the "life energy" that Cpt. Jack's mentioned. Just no usable body.

In a way, last night's "45 Club" must be working on something similar - a high enough fall will scramble the brain to a point where the brain is soup (physical effect of deceleration on squishy biology) but you're still "alive" due to the life force: permanent unconsciousness.

Comment

Working...
              X