The Jack/Ianto Discussion and Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Jack/Ianto Discussion and Thunk Thread

I searched around here on Gateworld and I couldn't find a thread for Jack/Ianto! They are an awesome couple and so cute together. Best thing is it's not just a fan girls dream i've made this thread for people who like to thunk over pics of them, grab every possible spoiler, write fanfictions or make videos, everything to do with this couple. If there is a thread already, please point me in the right direction. If not, there now is

This is a Pro thread so if you don't like this couple, please leave here quietly.

How able i get us started

Sig made by Suekay.

oh yes
    I like it

now... serious question: can anyone point me in the direction of TW fic? (J/I would be good...)
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
      oh yes
      I like it

now... serious question: can anyone point me in the direction of TW fic? (J/I would be good...)
      Take a look at the Torchwood part of FF.net, it's swimming with J/I Slash

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        Take a look at the Torchwood part of FF.net, it's swimming with J/I Slash
        i think every 1 in 30 fics on there isn't J/I

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
          i think every 1 in 30 fics on there isn't J/I
          Yep they are the McShep of Torwood/Doctor Who fandom! Although I still need to see more scenes with them on the show together for me to be totally there in a slash sense.

As for fics you could also check out the Torchwood coms on LJ.

torchwood_fic

torchwood_slash

So is this a Discussion thread a Thunk or a Slash thread? Or all three!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post

So is this a Discussion thread a Thunk or a Slash thread? Or all three!
            It's everything pro to do with this pairing it just seemed to me that it was spread between the two main threads so i thought it would be good to have somewhere to go completely into them without being off topic so to speak.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
              It's everything pro to do with this pairing it just seemed to me that it was spread between the two main threads so i thought it would be good to have somewhere to go completely into them without being off topic so to speak.
              So basically it is a Slash thread?

I like to know, as I have been burned on GW before by folks who wanted "friendship" discussion but foolishly use the "/" in the title when they should have used the "&".

Comment

ok but this isn't a "slash" relationship in the true fandom sense of "slash" is it?

how many snogs have you seen in canon of Jack/Daniel? McKay/Shep? Kirk/Spock? (yes, that was for the oldies among us)

In that way it isn't slash because, as we know, Jack is a 51st century bloke and will snog anything with a pulse.

In that case, "freindship" discussion would be a little out of place - although as a dedicated and committed slasher, in all fairness I couldn't blame people for not want?*ng to see the actual relationship

and apart from "cheap thrills" the reason I'd like to see J/I fic is because I like Ianto as a character (and it grieves me to say he's young enough - just - to be my son) and I think he is very cute too. What a combination.

Finally, though, a whumped pair, and a slash pair that is right up there on the screen! Mr.MC hates it, but at least he can't argue with me about the existance of it.

(thanks for the fic links... I'll give them a try)
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

So basically it is a Slash thread?

I like to know, as I have been burned on GW before by folks who wanted "friendship" discussion but foolishly use the "/" in the title when they should have used the "&".
                  i used ' / ' for a reason

EVERYONE! This is a slash thread! If you're into friendship that's fine but be aware it's mainly slash.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

It is interesting that in Queer as Folk fandom, some violently abhorred the use of the term slash to describe a canon pairing... but others didn't have a problem... personally I think on GW it just makes it easier for others to know where you are coming from so I will be using the term slash.

Comment

Hands up who wants to see "the Ianto/Jack date" on screen? No not that date... *sorry I am Australian*

*puts hand up*

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                        ok but this isn't a "slash" relationship in the true fandom sense of "slash" is it?

how many snogs have you seen in canon of Jack/Daniel? McKay/Shep? Kirk/Spock? (yes, that was for the oldies among us)

In that way it isn't slash because, as we know, Jack is a 51st century bloke and will snog anything with a pulse.
                        <lazy snip>
                        It is interesting that in Queer as Folk fandom, some violently abhorred the use of the term slash to describe a canon pairing... but others didn't have a problem... personally I think on GW it just makes it easier for others to know where you are coming from so I will be using the term slash.
                        Hmmm, I understand where you are coming from. You see there are two major definitions of slash out there:

1. "Stories that depict a romantic and/or sexual relationship between characters of the same gender. This usually refers to male/male pairings, as that is the dominant type of story, but it also refers to female/female pairings. The term originated in Star Trek fandom as Kirk/Spock (or K/S) stories.

2. "Stories which depict an erotic attraction or relationship - up to and including intercourse - between characters of the same sex (in particular those for whom no such relationship has been established by series canon)."

Which one of these two you go with depends IMO to a large extent on which definition was the first you learned about when first introduced to the realm of slash.

What I'm trying to say that both of you are right. Depending whether slash is more def 1. or def 2. for you.

BTW I prefer the second one. I guess that's because for me ship has to do more with canon expectations than slash does. Most of the slashers I know don't expect their pairing to become canon and some of them even don't want it to become canon (that's what ff is for). While most shippers want their favourite relationship to be played out on the screen.

And Willow'sCat, I don't have problem with slashing characters. When I see there's enough chemistry there I'm all for slash. I slash Jack and Daniel, but I ship Jack and Ianto. But if you want to slash Jack and Ianto, I'm more than O.K. with it. Esp when I see that your J/I slash = my J/I ship.

As for using the "/" between the names, I believe that it is used for slash and ship pairings alike. (Vala/Daniel, Jack/Daniel).

And to stay on topic:

Last edited by zuz; 19 January 2008, 02:57 AM.
                        "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                          Hmmm, I understand where you are coming from. You see there are two major definitions of slash out there:

1. "Stories that depict a romantic and/or sexual relationship between characters of the same gender.

2. "Stories which depict an erotic attraction or relationship - up to and including intercourse - between characters of the same sex (in particular those for whom no such relationship has been established by series canon)."
                          Not sure I follow your definitions here, I always thought the main problem was that slash is used in fanfics for gay male characters who would never be "gay" on the show but are paired together in fics for romantic reasons. So as I said in Queer as Folk fandom I came across some fans who slashed Brian/Michael and called it slash (as it never happened on the show) but would never call Brian/Justin slash as it was canon on the show.

Ship by the way is Heterosexual not Homosexual. Well it is in my book. It has nothing to do with expectations of whether the pairing will be canon... you bet if handled well I want to see McKay/Sheppard slash on SGA. As it wouldn't be I don't push it so much.

But seriously Ship is hetero. Also it is Femslash if it is lesbian.

Yep I am so bored!

Comment

These are not my definitions, I googled them.

And ship is short for relationship. Well, at least in my book.
                            Spoiler:
                            Yeah, well, I know it's used for hetero-relationships, I just couldn't resist teasing you a little.
                            "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                              These are not my definitions, I googled them.
                              I figured you googled them and there in lies the problem, never trust google.

Comment

Working...
                              X