This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood scores big for BBC 3

read in the newspaper that torchwood(the dr who spinoff starring Cpt Jack) scored 2.4 million viewers for its premier on sunday night on BBC3 and that this was a domestic record for homegrown shows on digital

anyone without digital torchwood will be shown wed on BBC 2

That good news what will be interesting is the figures for this Sunday. Will the content of the last episode put some people of, although I do not think so it will be interesting to see as it will probably act as guide what way the series will be moving in the future. I think their a strong possibility it will be tone although I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
      read in the newspaper that torchwood(the dr who spinoff starring Cpt Jack) scored 2.4 million viewers for its premier on sunday night on BBC3 and that this was a domestic record for homegrown shows on digital
      Is it still only a few million average for the digital channels? Digital viewing figures fall way short of the main terrestrial channels. Even BBC2 and Channel 4 get better averages on some programmes. Mind you, the 2.4 million viewers Torchwood got is about a million more than Channel 5 will ever get.

I wonder what the combined BBC2 and BBC3 viewing numbers are?

/edit: I realise now it's for homegrown shows. That's actually pretty impressive for a digital channel series.
      Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 29 October 2006, 12:51 PM.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Isnt 2.4 million about double the old BBC3 record?
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Really? I didn't know. I haven't kept track of channel viewing numbers for ages now. Are there any figures for the BBC2 broadcast?
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

That figure is pretty amazing when you think about how few people in the UK have access to the channel and that its on relatively late on a Sunday night

Comment

Originally posted by rich44 View Post
              That figure is pretty amazing when you think about how few people in the UK have access to the channel and that its on relatively late on a Sunday night
              Hmm, I'd imagine the vast majority of people in the UK have access to the channel...

Comment

I'll be interested to see if the numbers stay up given all the complaints I've seen about the show. Although for all the complaining being done I think folks are still watching.

I'm glad the numbers are good. Hopefully they'll stay that way. Feels a bit weird to love something that a lot of other people seem to be grumbling about, though. Makes me feel very AU.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Hmm, I'd imagine the vast majority of people in the UK have access to the channel...
                  Do most people have digiboxes now then? I've lost track of the stats.

Madeleine

Comment

Actually yeah the latest figure I seen say that about 17million homes have digital tv, which about seventy percent which is way higher than any other nation on planet and we are well on our way to becoming the first nation to switch of the old analogue signal in 2012, here the link to the 70% figure not to sure if the site is accurate or not but it the first one I found on google

http://www.physorg.com/news11880.html

Whole here a more reliable source.
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5275718.stm

Comment

The BBC3 audience figures for episode 3 (week 2) of Torchwood are down from 2.35 million to 1.55 million viewers.
                      Week ending 29th October
                      For ref: Week ending 22nd October

BBC2 numbers only went down from 2.8 million to 2.5 million viewers.
                      Torchwood's BBC 2 Audience Holds Firm

Comment

Working...
                      X