John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Boys are still a bit of a pain to her and she's still got a long term crush on a boy at school
    ah, long term crushes on boys at school, how i remember them... now i feel old
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I've met him, he goes to school on the same bus, he's really nice and I wouldn't mind him being her boyfriend at all even tho he's 2 years older than her

Comment

Ah, maybe short conversations will do, or find the geeky sci fi boys and watch them panic when you talk to them about your favorite show *Evil Grin*
        Like I did?

A room full of fanboys has never been so silent.

Finally got around to watch TW and -SQUEE-. As pilots go it wasn't that bad although I had to watch it a second time to serously watch it (the first was the fangirl viewing ^-^)
        Spoiler:
        I liked how they refrenced three different Who episodes and I knew what the heck they were talking about. And they showed the Owen face plant with the girls boyfriend so I thinking that they didn't cut out too much (although they did cut out a few f-bombs) I loved Jack's line about Ianto; "And he looks good in a suit." and his reply, "Careful that's harassment, sir." I half-melted with that smile of his.

Although I still wonder what they cut out and
        Spoiler:
        how much they're gonna cut up the second episode

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
          Like I did?

A room full of fanboys has never been so silent.

Finally got around to watch TW and -SQUEE-. As pilots go it wasn't that bad although I had to watch it a second time to serously watch it (the first was the fangirl viewing ^-^)
          Spoiler:
          I liked how they refrenced three different Who episodes and I knew what the heck they were talking about. And they showed the Owen face plant with the girls boyfriend so I thinking that they didn't cut out too much (although they did cut out a few f-bombs) I loved Jack's line about Ianto; "And he looks good in a suit." and his reply, "Careful that's harassment, sir." I half-melted with that smile of his.

Although I still wonder what they cut out and
          Spoiler:
          how much they're gonna cut up the second episode
          lol... pm me if want an uncensored viewing... one of the things i hate about american teli.... which is why i'm immagrating to the UK as soon as possible

yanno, if i ever get to meet JB, i'm gonna ask him to get into character, and then i'm gonna ask Jack if I can have one of his snogs of life i dream of the day....
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

OMFG i saw the last ep last night/early hours this morning, and holy frak on a toothpick that was good! so powerful, so emotional! exactly what a season finale should be. Ashley Way, the director, deserves an emmy or whatever the british equivalant is... BAFTA? anyway, he or she deserves every and any award available. tops!

"what?"
            *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
              lol... pm me if want an uncensored viewing... one of the things i hate about american teli.... which is why i'm immagrating to the UK as soon as possible

yanno, if i ever get to meet JB, i'm gonna ask him to get into character, and then i'm gonna ask Jack if I can have one of his snogs of life i dream of the day....
              I actually plan to get on DVD when it comes out in November and I know what you're talking about. It never stops to amaze me at how uptight we are over here yet we claim to be so open about that kind of stuff.

hehe...that sounds like a good idea, although I don't know how thrilled JB would be about that. (but you never know)

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

I'm glad you liked it EB, it seems that there's not too much editing been done

Comment

true, coz from my experience of watching many years of tv (and it has been many years of doing nothing but watching tv ), censors seem more likely to cut two men kissing than two females. over here, Queer as Folk was on a channel that not too many ppl get, at a cruddy time slot. The L Word? 9 pm channel 9! they moved TW to midnight tuesdays after greeks bareing gifts, too lol

hopefully the stations wont censor too much, the show is driven a lot by the characters and their relationships, hetro or homo-sexually driven
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*

Comment

Weird, it seems the good old UK was the only country not bothered by Queer as Folk, granted it was shown at 10pm on Channel 4

Comment

Weird, it seems the good old UK was the only country not bothered by Queer as Folk, granted it was shown at 10pm on Channel 4
                      from what i've observed, the US will take chances with, and fund as many series as it can, but they all have the same basic plots and structures, while the UK seems to take chances with their shows, not only with funding and producing, but with the content as well
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*

Comment

Maybe it's because we're not so 'Tight @ssed' even back in the 60's we were writing and producing thought provoking stuff such as Cathy Come Home (I cried as I hugged my daughter when I watched that) and A Taste of Honey, the Naked Civil Servant in the 70's, Threads, Boys from the Blackstuff in the 80's Queer as Folk in the 90's and Bloody Sunday in the 00's. I've been reduced to tears several time by some of the great dramas on our TV. If the BBC shied away from making Cathy Come Home in the 60's homelessness would never have been bought to the public attention and the charity Shelter would never have exsisted. TV can't shy away from thought provoking drama because it snowballs, sometimes good sometimes bad but it does what it's supposed to, gets everyone talking.

Comment

TV can't shy away from thought provoking drama because it snowballs, sometimes good sometimes bad but it does what it's supposed to, gets everyone talking.
                          that's so true *claps* there's a lot of shows out there that have the potential to do exactly that, reach people and bring them issues they normally wouldn't know about, but the fail to do so.

i'm kinda ashamed to say the most that Aussie tv hasn't done anything that i can recall in recent years to further any causes.
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*

Comment

I stopped watching Neighbours a long time ago, there was a series about Firemen it's got to be over 15 years ago, I can't remember what it's called but it was kind of like London's Burning, set in a fire station with a female recruit who the station head thought shouldn't be there, it centered around a hunt for a arsonist who turned out to be one of the firemen. It was bloody good

Comment

I stopped watching Neighbours a long time ago, there was a series about Firemen it's got to be over 15 years ago, I can't remember what it's called but it was kind of like London's Burning, set in a fire station with a female recruit who the station head thought shouldn't be there, it centered around a hunt for a arsonist who turned out to be one of the firemen. It was bloody good
                              *shudder* neighbours. yeah, i stopped a while ago. it's so funny, they just ship ppl in and out of those houses when they need "new blood", ie more viewers.

i don't recall that fire one
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*

Comment

It was a while ago, it was really good tho, they never showed it again which is a damn shame. To bring it all back on topic

Comment

Working...
                                X