No announcement yet.

Beside the Dying Fire (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Sara Wayne Callies.......back to prison she goes. Hopefully T-bag won't mess with T-dawg.
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
      poor sara wayne callies.......back to prison she goes. Hopefully t-bag won't mess with t-dawg.
      t m i!!!!
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Oh geeze I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause any ruckus about the spoiler thingy Just thought I would mention it...in case anyone was a spoiler phobe around here Like I said I'm ok with it... but you just never know who is lurking
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
            Oh geeze I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause any ruckus about the spoiler thingy Just thought I would mention it...in case anyone was a spoiler phobe around here Like I said I'm ok with it... but you just never know who is lurking
            Wait? What? There are spoilers in this Thread? *running for my life*

@Topic: 16 Episodes certainly arent enough to cover that much Story.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

On the other hand: having to compress a ton of story theoretically means 'all killer no filler', so to speak.

The farm story, IMO, suffered a bit for having to stretch a mere 4 issues of story out across 13 hours of TV, apparently resulting in long stretches of not much happening. Contrarily with the upcoming story, that being the setting of 36 issues to be compressed into 16 episodes, while sure to involve trimming some comic stuff out, does have the benefit of having a ton of material to draw on to adapt.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wow, just caught up with the Walking Dead as I missed the last 2 eps cause of my holiday, and Holy Frak!
                No wonder this show is breaking all these records, its awesome!
                Thought the two characters that died would be the ones to go... But I was starting to think one or two other characters might be chopped.
                Interesting situation now with the hooded figure and Andrea, didnt notice the chained walkers so will need to rewatch that.
                But wow, Lori was a jerk to Rick after he told her about Shane...
                And the group were harsh on Rick...
                Nice to see Daryl still respects Rick.
                Interesting location for next season... Dont know what goes down there, question about it.
                Spoiler:
                Is this where we meet the Governor on the prison?

Definately looking forward to season 3!

Comment

Glad the farm finally got overrun, it was dragging too much. Awesome finale though. For a sec there I thought Herschel was gonna stay and fight to the death. Glad he didn't, the group need him after losing Dale, they need a calming figure.

Rick was very harshly treated. I do agree that he shouldn't have kept the information about them all being infected to himself, the others had a right to know. But him killing Shane was gonna happen eventually, Shane was on a destructive path and he would have taken the others with him, but Lori's reaction? Wow, she really is an ass. Or maybe she planned it but hoped that it was rick that was killed. Why else would she have had that talk with Shane in the last ep. She knew he was unstable, must have known that would push him over the edge. Maybe she hoped they'd kill each other and she wouldn't have to worry about either of them again. Andrea was right when she told Lori a few home truths. I was surprised at the reaction of the others. It seems Dale and Herschel were the only ones that accepted ricks leadership.

They may not like it but they need a leader, someone to take charge. And I didn't see anyone else stepping up to the plate.

I thought Andrea was a goner there for a minute. Saved by some sword wielding dude. Wonder who that is. Hope she meets back up with the others eventually. And what was that in the background at the end. Sone kind of huge building? Laboratory? Be very interesting to find out. Can't wait till next season.

Oh and, please keep your idiot of a son on a leash next season so he doesn't go wandering off and getting someone else killed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                    Well the next season is scheduled to be 16 episodes...

Comic readers, without spoiling anything, is 16 episodes enough for the entire
                    Spoiler:
                    prison arc to be faithfully told?
                    A nice chunk of it, yes. But definitely not all. I don't see them stretching it out for more than next season though.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      A nice chunk of it, yes. But definitely not all. I don't see them stretching it out for more than next season though.
                      I would think that the next arc would be enough for probably 2 seasons at least even with 16 episodes next series.
                      And the producers would probably like to be able to use it for longer to save on costs.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Particularly since AMC hacked their budget down to nothing this year.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah I liked that part on Talking Dead where they creator/writer guys say how they wanted to go REAL BIG this season and AMC said "no".

...mmmmyeah feel the love
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

So I guess good ratings has nothing to do with budget then? hmmmm yeah ....where is that love?
                            Originally posted by jelgate
                            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                              So I guess good ratings has nothing to do with budget then? hmmmm yeah ....where is that love?
                              It's a little more complex than that. AMC don't own a lot of their shows, and the show runners of stuff like Mad Men and Breaking Bad pushed for their shows to receive large budgets, and expensive deals, especially for Mad Men, which imo AMC got ripped off over. They had the leverage though that if they didn't get want they want, they'd go to another channel.

This trickled down to the Walking Dead, which is an AMC owned show, so they cut its budget to pay for the other shows.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                                It's a little more complex than that. AMC don't own a lot of their shows, and the show runners of stuff like Mad Men and Breaking Bad pushed for their shows to receive large budgets, and expensive deals, especially for Mad Men, which imo AMC got ripped off over. They had the leverage though that if they didn't get want they want, they'd go to another channel.

This trickled down to the Walking Dead, which is an AMC owned show, so they cut its budget to pay for the other shows.
                                That sucks
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X