Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twice As Far (614)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Twice As Far (614)

    Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON SIX
    TWICE AS FAR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 614
    Denise convinces Daryl and Rosita to take her on a run to an apothecary, hoping to prove to herself that she can handle herself in the new world. Meanwhile Eugene and Abraham take their own excursion, and Carol makes a fateful decision.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 March 2016, 11:11 PM.

    #2
    Quiet round here...

    I do love the fact that the writers can still pull off the shock deaths... I was waiting for most of the episode for DrGirl to get bit, or shot by some baddie... And then when it happened - I was totally off guard.

    Twas an interesting episode, obviously action-lite, but good. So much future planning that I guess can, in this show, ultimately only mean one thing - the downfall of Alexandria. Surely every time things are going well, they then go to hell.

    DrGirl's girlfriend's absence from at least the ending of the episode was crap. (Or did I miss her death???) She should have been there at the grave scene at very least.

    Eugene's attempt to kill the lead-splattered walker was a hoot. As was his biting the guy's cock! "You had him by the dick"... Love it.

    If anything, I was a little sad that Eugene saved the day - actually first - I totally thought he was serious in giving Abraham away!! - because I figured that was lining us up for the start of an epic double episode climax for the season... But somehow I presume we'll get that anyway...

    OH - And Carol's gone again! Wasn't expecting that... She better not go get caught by Negan's mob...

    Interesting how we had that voice over by Carol, but mostly looking at Morgan... I get the feeling Morgan's going to ultimately cause the downfall of Alexandria...
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

    Comment


      #3
      Damn, I love a shock death, and we got one!

      Comment


        #4
        DrGirl's girlfriend's is off on a supply run with the black guy ATM, that's why she wasn't there. I seem to remember reading the actress was giving birth around the time these episodes were filmed, hence why her absense is explained by a 'two week supply run'.

        Regarding the sneek peak for next week:
        Spoiler:
        I have a horrible feeling the blood we saw dripping is Carol's, and the groan/scream/gunshot is Daryl having to put her down so to speak, the blood coverd spike and lingering shot on Morgan at the end of this episode is kind of hinting that it's him who ultimately kills her, but I can't think of a reason why he'd do that unless it's to stop her telling Rick about the wolves, it's more likely the saviours are involved.

        Regarding the finale:
        Spoiler:
        I still think it's going to be Maggie who meets Lucile, possibly while the others are out hunting Carol, or perhaps just as they return... for maximum impact.


        Am I right in thinking in the comic's it's Abraham that got the arrow to the eye?

        Comment


          #5
          So...

          Spoiler:
          whst you are saying is, even the comic loves shocking people?!
          as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            DrGirl's girlfriend's is off on a supply run with the black guy ATM, that's why she wasn't there. I seem to remember reading the actress was giving birth around the time these episodes were filmed, hence why her absense is explained by a 'two week supply run'.

            Regarding the sneek peak for next week:
            Spoiler:
            I have a horrible feeling the blood we saw dripping is Carol's, and the groan/scream/gunshot is Daryl having to put her down so to speak, the blood coverd spike and lingering shot on Morgan at the end of this episode is kind of hinting that it's him who ultimately kills her, but I can't think of a reason why he'd do that unless it's to stop her telling Rick about the wolves, it's more likely the saviours are involved.

            Regarding the finale:
            Spoiler:
            I still think it's going to be Maggie who meets Lucile, possibly while the others are out hunting Carol, or perhaps just as they return... for maximum impact.


            Am I right in thinking in the comic's it's Abraham that got the arrow to the eye?
            Yes, it was Abraham

            Comment


              #7
              One has to wonder why he's been spared that fate?

              My list for the finale in order of who I think it'll be....
              Spoiler:

              Maggie
              Glenn
              Abraham
              Carl's new girlfriend
              One of the two who've slept with Abraham (can't remember names sorry).

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                One has to wonder why he's been spared that fate?

                My list for the finale in order of who I think it'll be....
                Spoiler:

                Maggie
                Glenn
                Abraham
                Carl's new girlfriend
                One of the two who've slept with Abraham (can't remember names sorry).
                Spoiler:
                I think it's going to be someone that has been on from the beginning, it's been a while since we lost an original. And Negan is such an anticipated villain (with good reason), I fear he will be taking out someone dear to us.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Carl's other eye?
                  as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

                  Comment


                    #10

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                      Interesting how we had that voice over by Carol, but mostly looking at Morgan... I get the feeling Morgan's going to ultimately cause the downfall of Alexandria...
                      It sure seems that way. Morgan will either destroy it (as expected) or save it (surprise!). oh, or die horribly (karma). oh, or become the first non-violent Walker. Seriously, though, there's a lot of story-making material still available where they are. What happens after the looming battle with the Saviors? What kind of network did the Saviors run? How many other groups did they extort? Where are those groups? What are they like? Could we see an attempt at trade among them (before inevitable war)? What will our group do with the facilities that were controlled by the Saviors? There are obviously several (or more) other sites.

                      As someone who hasn't read the comics, the possibilities are fun to imagine.

                      I suppose Alexandria could be defeated and the survivors flee. But then, what's the point of Morgan's new jail cell?

                      Oh yes, about Morgan. I blame him for Carol leaving. I think that Carol's crisis of conscience would have been less severe without Morgan and his insistence that all killing is wrong. The series devoted a lot of time to the interactions of Morgan and Carol.

                      omg, what if Negan's group enslaves Rick's group? THAT would be unexpected. Actually, Rick's group losing somehow and being ruled by Negan... that doesn't feel too far-fetched.

                      Answers. Looking forward to answers.
                      Last edited by Brother Freyr; 25 March 2016, 11:50 PM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I actually had a fanfic pop in my head... essentially Rick leading a group against the real Negan, and totally failing... most slaughtered... then in chains, in walks a few key players who'd been left to guard Alexandra inc. Carl... Negan of course, likes to make a statement... so takes out Carl's other eye... and kills most the rest... Rick is left as Negan's new puppy dog...

                        The End
                        as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X