• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Are You Now (906)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON NINE
    WHO ARE YOU NOW
    EPISODE NUMBER - 906
    The citizens of Alexandria are on guard when Judith brings five newcomers to the town, and must decide whether or not they can be trusted. Henry and Carol depart the Kingdom to visit Hilltop, but are waylaid en route.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 November 2018, 12:40 AM.

Well...not as bad as I was expecting. But I did find it a bit heavy on the 'oh crap we need to reassign a ton of comic storylines to other characters right now.'

Bit of bad editing toward the end though. We had a nice smooth transition of morning to afternoon to evening, overnight, and next morning in Alexandria...meanwhile, throughout that clean sequence of scenes, we kept cutting to Eugene and Rosita running through the woods in broad daylight. Even when it was nighttime in Alexandria.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I noticed that too! Thought they'd been running for ages haha

Comment

I'm glad Carol kept her edge , not that I felt bad for those guys. Did they say there is no more Sanctuary? I'm curious what ominous thing has happened to the communities during the time jump, I'm sure the "X" on Michonne's back will be explained at some point. I like the new group, Magna reminds me of an early Michonne. I can't quite figure out what the mid season finale will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          I noticed that too! Thought they'd been running for ages haha

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
          Did they say there is no more Sanctuary?
          I believe the line was that Sanctuary "went bust," so that was my read of what happened in the interim.

I'm curious what ominous thing has happened to the communities during the time jump
          Contrarily, I didn't get the impression anything ominous happened. I just got the impression that the communities have drifted apart in the six-year gap between last episode and now.

I can't quite figure out what the mid season finale will be.
          I have a guess, but it's comic-related and may be considered spoilery
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Okay so I never read the comics (except the first two I think) so I don't know what's coming. But at the end of the epi when I heard that whisper at first I was like ugh? Wut? then I had to rewind like three times to make sure. *don't let them get away!*
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

I have a guess, but it's comic-related and may be considered spoilery
              Oh, I think I know what you're talking about,
              Spoiler:
              it must be the "border", I wonder if they change who ends up on it...

I still think something other than Rick's "death" happened to have the communities drift apart. Everyone seems too on edge, much more so then before the time jump. Maybe something not in the comics...hopefully we find out in the next 2 episodes, I hate the long hiatus!

Comment

Yep, that scene is exactly what I was thinking of for the midseason!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  Okay so I never read the comics (except the first two I think) so I don't know what's coming. But at the end of the epi when I heard that whisper at first I was like ugh? Wut? then I had to rewind like three times to make sure. *don't let them get away!*
                  Ugh, Wut - yep, I think I had a few other almost words in there too! Scary things to be coming from a herd!
                  back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post

Ugh, Wut - yep, I think I had a few other almost words in there too! Scary things to be coming from a herd!
                    That was SO creepy!

I'm thinking Rick's death, plus the fracturing of the relationships between the communities. They are farther apart now with it taking longer to reach each other. Plus, I'm sure Michonne was not happy with Daryl and Maggie's role in how things played out.

Thinking about that, I can only read in between about the shouting, blaming, and guilt felt between parties. It's easier to drift away from each other when you don't see one another for a long time. And then it just keeps getting easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X