• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Beginning (901)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON NINE
    A NEW BEGINNING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 901
    The communities join together on a risky run into Washington, D.C. to look for farming supplies. After a fatality tensions run high at Hilltop, while Daryl decides he wants to leave the Sanctuary.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 October 2018, 12:26 AM.

This is the first episode that I've really, unreservedly enjoyed in a quite a while.

Such a shame that that optimism about the show finally getting back on track is overshadowed by the impending departures of Lauren Cohan and Andy Lincoln. I have no idea how this show can possibly work without them.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good start to the season. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Gregory issue settled in one episode, I was worried that would drag on. I'm not going to like seeing Rick and Daryl at odds, but that is probably going to get worse. I wish they had kept Ricks exit under wraps, not sure if that was spoiled accidentally or on purpose to get more viewers. I know my Husband is watching again, only to see his last few episodes then he says he's done again. (previously he stopped watching after Carl died)

I am looking forward to the Whisperers, perhaps they end up having to release Negan after Rick is gone to help with the new threat??

Comment

Interesting start to the season but I agree with Digi. Ive been wavering for a while and that big a change could be the end for me. This is a big season for me to continue watching it.

Comment

Finally sat down and watched this through.

I liked that the opening titles, which have kept some aspect of each season thus far - were completely refreshed. (Err - well, yes, right?) A new beginning indeed, and yet of course, still totally The Walking Dead.

I agree - was worried that Gregory's cancer would continue to spread, so I was very glad to see him hang in ep 1! He should have been killed off back during the Savior's siege, but at least he's served a purpose for this new season's apparent theme.

Jadis / Anne - suddenly part of the gang?? And basically normal now? Not sure how that sits with me.

Did we know Maggie's baby's name in S8? Have to admit, when she said she had to get back to The Hilltop because of Hershel, it really threw me! Nice to see the tribute to Scott Wilson.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
            Finally sat down and watched this through.

I liked that the opening titles, which have kept some aspect of each season thus far - were completely refreshed. (Err - well, yes, right?) A new beginning indeed, and yet of course, still totally The Walking Dead.

I agree - was worried that Gregory's cancer would continue to spread, so I was very glad to see him hang in ep 1! He should have been killed off back during the Savior's siege, but at least he's served a purpose for this new season's apparent theme.

Jadis / Anne - suddenly part of the gang?? And basically normal now? Not sure how that sits with me.

Did we know Maggie's baby's name in S8? Have to admit, when she said she had to get back to The Hilltop because of Hershel, it really threw me! Nice to see the tribute to Scott Wilson.
            FWIW, Hershel is the name of her kid in the comics, too -- he first appeared in issue #130, in August 2014.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Loved this episode. I saw it a couple months ago (but didn't finish the season. I purposely did it because I wanted distance from the spoilers, which oddly are in this thread even though this episode doesn't touch on them.

I really loved see the group in action together at the museum. The notion of using horses is AMAZING to me. This is going to give the show a whole other feel. It'll be more of post-apoc western than it was before.

Really enjoyed this.

Comment

Working...
              X