• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spend (514)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FIVE
    SPEND
    EPISODE NUMBER - 514
    Glen, Eugene, Noah, and Tara take a group on a supply run that goes terribly wrong. Abe must intervene when a work crew comes under attack, and young Sam tries to make a connection with Carol.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 March 2015, 10:57 PM.

Pretty intense episode.

Noah's death had to be absolutly the most gruesome one of any of the regulars/semi regualrs so far. I thought Lori's and Hershel's were bad but Noah's was the worst, they really didn't need to show him being ripped apart but I guess they have to keep pushing the story and the intensity. Poor Glenn having to watch it all happen right in front of him and then wonder if he was next.

Good story, though I am at the point that if they keep killing characters I may quit watching. I get that the show is about survival and deaths will happen even to fan favorites, but I can't help get attached to characters and after a point, especially so many in such a short time, it begins to turn me off from watching.

Love how Eugene finally stepped up to the plate.

The Alexandria people are total wimps and leave people to die to save themselves. Wow, way to go to protect each other.

And Carol, all her rage from her past from, being abused to overcoming and becoming strong is really coming out in such a strong and negative way. It's good to see that her character has gotten stronger but now she's gone too far the other way as she is encouraging Rick to kill the other guy. Abusive relationships aside, she's transferring her feelings onto the situation which could set Rick over the edge to do something bad that could possibly be handled differently.

And now that the Priest has said all those things, which from his viewpoint not knowing their full history, would be correct and now with her son being dead, it will make for an interesting storyline coming up. Really not making our cast look good at all. Though I think the Priest is just trying to find a way to save his own skin. He probably thinks these guys may get them all kicked out and he doesn't want to get kicked out.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

This episode is about cowardice and bravery.

The warehouse is full of contrasts:
      Eugene, the self-avowed coward, finds the strength to face danger and rescue others. Spencer and his curly blond friend, the secret cowards, are revealed to be cravens who abandon their teammates (although poor Spencer was stuck this time). In a single scene:
      - curly blond guy saves himself by sacrificing Glenn & Noah
      - Noah bravely sacrifices himself to save Glenn.

At the worksite:
      Abraham demonstrates bravery and inspires others, people who ran away, to stay and fight.

At Deanna's house
      :
      The foreman somewhat redeems himself. He owns up to his cowardice (which can be a difficult thing to do). He voluntarily tells Deanna. He commends Abraham.
      versus
      Father Gabriel, minutes later, who seeks to sacrifice the group for his own gain.

Bravery and cowardice. Contrast after contrast after contrast.

What exactly Gabriel hopes to gain is unclear. I don't think Gabriel himself knows. My theory of the moment is that he's assuaging his feelings of guilt & weakness. The group knows his great sin, something for which he's never come to terms, never reconciled within himself. I'd wager that he regrets telling the group and that he's in self-denial most of the time. Moreover, he's complcit in the group's violence. Gabriel disapproves, yet he stayed with the group to enjoy its protection. Gabriel is splintering because of his own kind of cowardice. He fears to see himself as he really is, yet he also can't hold together his fiction. The strain is cracking him. Getting rid of the group would get rid of the constant reminder of all that he hates about himself.

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      And now that the Priest has said all those things, which from his viewpoint not knowing their full history, would be correct and now with her son being dead, it will make for an interesting storyline coming up. Really not making our cast look good at all. Though I think the Priest is just trying to find a way to save his own skin. He probably thinks these guys may get them all kicked out and he doesn't want to get kicked out.
      Not looking good at all. His warning arrives one minute before she learns of her son's death! (In case you missed it, you can hear the van arrive and someone shout for help.) Anyone think Alexandria is about to become a dangerous place?

BTW, Garbriel is now my most-hated character. F**k him. The group saved him, took him in, protected him for months. And this is how he repays them?

RIP, Noah. It shoulda been curly blond, not you.

Oh! Another coward: The alcoholic doctor who apparently hits Jessie and/or Sam, who seeks refuge with Carol, a brave, strong woman who (once upon a time) suffered an abusive husband. TWD writers are amazing.
      Last edited by Brother Freyr; 16 March 2015, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Cowardice and Bravery indeed. I felt so bad for Noah, that was so gruesome. We've seen so many go, but the way they had him slam back up into the glass just inches from poor Glenn, ugh. At least Aiden admitted to Glenn before he was gone that they lost the people before from running scared and leaving them. And, since they didn't shoot Nicholas, hopefully he will pay somehow for the losses and not our group.

Gabriel is the real coward, even more than Eugene. Even with him basically confessing (I think because of his own guilt) to Deanna how he feels about the group, I think she will see reason. I assume she will talk to Rick and he will eventually explain to her the kind of people they had to kill to protect themselves.

Way to go Abraham!

Not sure how it's going to be played out with Carol, Rick and Pete. It wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being Carol that does something. The new Constable just can't go picking people off.

Did anyone else hear the cry for help when Deanna was thinking about what Gabriel said?

In the trailer for next week,
        Spoiler:
        I think that was 3 new graves??

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
          Gabriel is the real coward, even more than Eugene. Even with him basically confessing (I think because of his own guilt) to Deanna how he feels about the group, I think she will see reason. I assume she will talk to Rick and he will eventually explain to her the kind of people they had to kill to protect themselves.
          Actually I don't think she will see reason. She may feign it at first because she's confused and has received conflicting information about the group.

She is a mother who has lost her child, a man who only a few hours ago was safe. That is a pain that runs deep and doesn't always see reason. I also think that Deanna is quite skilled at keeping her true feelings to herself so even though Glenn can show that they lost Noah, and another person was hurt and it wasn't just her group that got killed, I don't think she is going to be able to forgive Glenn or even Rick because he is their leader.

Gabriel always takes care of himself, that's what he did with his congregation and that is what he is doing with Rick's group.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Wow, they seriously put the foot down on setting things up tonight!

Wasnt expecting Noahs death, but guessed one of the Alexandria would bite the dust...

Really looking forward to the next 2 episodes now!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              Actually I don't think she will see reason. She may feign it at first because she's confused and has received conflicting information about the group.

She is a mother who has lost her child, a man who only a few hours ago was safe. That is a pain that runs deep and doesn't always see reason. I also think that Deanna is quite skilled at keeping her true feelings to herself so even though Glenn can show that they lost Noah, and another person was hurt and it wasn't just her group that got killed, I don't think she is going to be able to forgive Glenn or even Rick because he is their leader.

Gabriel always takes care of himself, that's what he did with his congregation and that is what he is doing with Rick's group.
              I was more referring to Deanna seeing reason in dealing with Gabriel's confession. We'll have to see how it all plays out with the loss of Aidan added to it.

Comment

Did not think Noah would last long

Sasha next please

im loving season 5, 5a was pretty good, but 5b has been great so far

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                I was more referring to Deanna seeing reason in dealing with Gabriel's confession. We'll have to see how it all plays out with the loss of Aidan added to it.
                Yeah i was thinking that when Gabriel was saying that stuff "oh dear and Glenn and Co just lost Aiden too"
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

i really don't know what to say about this ep except to say WOW;

1. carol, you all got it right about carol,but,i don't think that it will be rick that does it, i think it will be carol that kills him and makes it look like self defense, BUT, she will make a mistake, she thinks that it is the father beating the kid and wife, but it is actually the mother beating the husband and kid, what man would confess that his wife is abusing him, he would be laughed at and riddiculed, fight back and go to jail for abuse, don't fight back and she might kill you.a no win situation.

2.Eugene, steps up in a big way, and shows the truth , you can only be afraid so long, before you just get sick of it and push it aside and get the job done.

3. noah, i never really got in to noah, but even he didn't deserve that.

Comment

ben doing some thinking about Gabriel's confession, what if it is all part of a plan rick made, something like, you cam trust me, I was honest with you about rick and warned you about them, then as Deanna keeps an even closer eye on Darryl, carl can sneak up and stick a knife inher back, who would suspect an innocent child being able to murder, in both a literal and figurative sense.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                      ben doing some thinking about Gabriel's confession, what if it is all part of a plan rick made, something like, you cam trust me, I was honest with you about rick and warned you about them, then as Deanna keeps an even closer eye on Darryl, carl can sneak up and stick a knife inher back, who would suspect an innocent child being able to murder, in both a literal and figurative sense.
                      We know Gabriel's warning was genuine -- not part of Rick's plan -- because we watched Gabriel freaking out while he was all alone. He had a weird-ass breakdown (that's a clinical term) and walked over to Deanna's house.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                        We know Gabriel's warning was genuine -- not part of Rick's plan -- because we watched Gabriel freaking out while he was all alone. He had a weird-ass breakdown (that's a clinical term) and walked over to Deanna's house.
                        Well, not really genuine. Even worse, I fear if he does not die soon he will become the issue. Sorry to say it, but there is nothing more powerful to desperate Humans than Religion. Just wait till he gives some sermons. People are going to get brainwashed fast.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          Well, not really genuine.
                          No, not genuine. Sincere. Gabriel believes what he says to Deanna. The man is going to be the cause of great sorrow.

Comment

Normally this season I've been a few days behind because of life, etc etc... This time though, I was actually apprehensive to watch! I knew it was going to be... intense... awkward... and dreaded what may happen...

And sure enough, the ****'s hit the fan!

I was thinking that we'd had a pretty gruesome death with Deanna's son torn to bits while still alive and pegged up - almost like a crucifix - but then I totally didn't see Noah's demise coming... and twas indeed even nastier than the one we just saw 5 min earlier...!

Should have seen it coming, actually - Noah had some character time at the start of the ep... Certain death.

The cracks are clearly already present, as Deanna commented to Maggie about essentially her doubt/concern in appointing another member of Rick's team to a position of power...

With only 2 eps left this season... I don't hold hope for the gang living behind those walls next season...
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

Sasha next please
                              Yes please. She is really starting to annoy me.

I was heartbroken when that poor horse got it. I was dying for Daryl to somehow
                              Save the poor thing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X