• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget (513)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FIVE
    FORGET
    EPISODE NUMBER - 513
    Rick and the group continue settling into a new life in Alexandria, while a few quietly make their own contingency plans. Sasha finds it difficult to cope, and outside the fence Daryl and Aaron track a horse.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 March 2015, 11:34 PM.

The horse is our group. The horse was a survivor, who lasted all this time by outrunning danger. Always on the move. It died because it was trapped inside of walls. Meanwhile, our group is acclimating to Maybury, eh sorry, Alexandria. Will they remain wild or be domesticated? Will they die if they trap themselves within walls? The metaphor wasn't subtle at all, was it?

Also: SCARY Carol!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
      The horse is our group. The horse was a survivor, who lasted all this time by outrunning danger. Always on the move. It died because it was trapped inside of walls. Meanwhile, our group is acclimating to Maybury, eh sorry, Alexandria. Will they remain wild or be domesticated? Will they die if they trap themselves within walls? The metaphor wasn't subtle at all, was it?

Well said.

I'm not liking what they seem to be doing with Rick and the hairdresser. I don't like the way he was looking at her husband. I realize the guy is being set up to be a problem, but he is the Dr, I'm assuming they should keep him around. Maybe he sees her as a Mom for Judith and Carl? Rick is in survival mode, not romance mode. Not sure where they are going with Sasha....

Comment

Intruiged by the W on the walker...

Suprised but happy to see Daryl starting to accept his life within (or outisde) the walls now...

But what is Rick's plan with the hairdresser.

And wow, Carol turned the scare on that kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post

I agree with all of that. The horse was like the group, and it survived well enough while it was free, but as soon as Daryl and Aaron tried to take it in and help it, it died horribly (which could end up happening to the group if they also let down their guard down, start to trust people, and allow themselves to be tamed).

Both Carol and Sasha were pretty scary. Sasha taking the pictures of the Alexandria residents and using them for target practice, and then volunteering to take the watch up on the bell tower, where she'd not only have a clear vantage point of any approaching danger, but also of the town's inhabitants while they walked around, along with the rest of her behavior seemed pretty creepy. She seems very unstable right now.

Carol playing the sweet "den mother" baking cookies, pretending like she barely knows how to use guns and then threatening that kid in order to keep him quiet about her being in the room with the guns was also very creepy.

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
          Well said.

I'm not liking what they seem to be doing with Rick and the hairdresser. I don't like the way he was looking at her husband. I realize the guy is being set up to be a problem, but he is the Dr, I'm assuming they should keep him around. Maybe he sees her as a Mom for Judith and Carl? Rick is in survival mode, not romance mode. Not sure where they are going with Sasha....
          Yeah, not fond of where the thing with Rick and the hairdresser could lead. I hope Rick's not planning on getting rid of the husband, in order for him to be able to hook up with her so that she can be a mother to his children.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Intruiged by the W on the walker...
            Didn't the walkers (upper torso) that fell out of that van a couple episodes ago have something carved on their foreheads too? Also, the hand stamp "A" has some significance I can't place my finger on. I know it was the title of one of the Terminus episodes, but I think it's something else?

Comment

Carol is scary

that is all

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
              Didn't the walkers (upper torso) that fell out of that van a couple episodes ago have something carved on their foreheads too? Also, the hand stamp "A" has some significance I can't place my finger on. I know it was the title of one of the Terminus episodes, but I think it's something else?
              I assume

A stands for Alexandria safe Zone which is were Rick and his group are currently located, and that She was trying to make a statement that Rick's group is now part of there group
              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 13 March 2015, 12:45 AM.
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

To me, the significance of the "A" was as a reference to scarlet letters/ Adultery...

I was expecting there to be a rift in hairdresser's marriage - ie he is abusive or something - that would give Rick an "in"... But yes, it's looking pretty creepy when Rick looks ready to do him in instead!

I think the previously considered option - that the group will actually be their own undoing - may well be playing out...

Now we just need a snake and apple reference...

And yes, Carol was a damn lot scarier than any walker has ever been!! Was a really well played scene.

I didn't really see that much "bad" with Sasha... She's still grieving, and seeing pictures of happy people, probably families, was too much for her...

My theory RE the senator's husband was wrong... I wonder if the 3 that were exiled will actually come back into it or not.

Oh, and - I wonder if/when Morgan is going to reappear...
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  Oh, and - I wonder if/when Morgan is going to reappear...
                  Right! Also, what happened to preacher man? I forget.

Comment

Um..... isn't he still there? Just no lines maybe?

I'm wondering if we may see a few characters be allowed to stay, after Rick gets the rest (and himself) kicked out...
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    and lots more!

Comment

I didn't really see that much "bad" with Sasha... She's still grieving, and seeing pictures of happy people, probably families, was too much for her...
                      I don't think that she's becoming a bad person, just that she might snap (in a violent way, against people and not just walkers) if she doesn't deal with her grief. I think it's understandable after loosing both Bob and Tyreese within a relatively short period of time (along with everything else she's been through) for her to be upset, especially when she sees these people living normal happy lives, with their main worries being what to cook for dinner, but shutting people out and going off into to woods alone to shoot at pictures of people isn't really healthy.
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess it could be seen as a precursor - shoot the images... shoot the people... I just saw it as letting off steam... But I'm probably being overly simple.

And, I'd forgotten about poor old Bob, and Sasha's relationship with him... probably because it really only featured in a hand full of stories.
                        and lots more!

Comment

Um..... isn't he still there? Just no lines maybe?

I'm wondering if we may see a few characters be allowed to stay, after Rick gets the rest (and himself) kicked out...
                          I've seen him in the background......I don't think anyone is going to get kicked out. You know there is more to this place than they are letting on. If Deanna is putting the two best fighters in a place of some amount of power, they are needed for a reason.....I think she knows how vulnerable the community is, even if a good amount of them have their heads in the sand.

I think Sasha was pulling a Tyrese, after shooting the glass frames she just waited for the walkers to come. I think she is at a crossroads of whether or not to give up completely.

Comment

we have seen the red letters before and the carved letters in the head before too,

Episode 3: Four Walls and a Roof

The group hears a whistle outside. They rush out to find Bob lying in the grass. Gareth has marked the church wall with the letter "A" - a reference to the train car in which they were imprisoned at Terminus

and just before tyreese died , when rick crashed in to the suv full of walker torsos , the heads were still attached to their bodies, but no arms or legs, and the letter W carved in to their heads, makes me think that we might just be dealing with some crazies from woodberry, before rick and his people found the prison, or a combination of berries and termites...hummm... I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                              we have seen the red letters before and the carved letters in the head before too,

Episode 3: Four Walls and a Roof

The group hears a whistle outside. They rush out to find Bob lying in the grass. Gareth has marked the church wall with the letter "A" - a reference to the train car in which they were imprisoned at Terminus

and just before tyreese died , when rick crashed in to the suv full of walker torsos , the heads were still attached to their bodies, but no arms or legs, and the letter W carved in to their heads, makes me think that we might just be dealing with some crazies from woodberry, before rick and his people found the prison, or a combination of berries and termites...hummm... I wonder.
                              That's right, I forgot about the "A" on the side of the church.
                              Last edited by rkgardner2003; 15 March 2015, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X