Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Them (510)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Them (510)

    Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FIVE
    THEM
    EPISODE NUMBER - 510
    Still mourning their recent losses, the group presses on with little food and water -- and for some, even less hope.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 February 2015, 10:05 PM.

    #2
    This episode was ok, very slow though. It's tied with Still for my least favorite episode of the series. I thought the last 10 mins or so were pretty good/interesting though. I'm looking forward to finding out who that guy that Sasha and Maggie met is and what he's all about.
    sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      I think they have kept it pretty slow to show how rock bottom they are. I could feel my husband aching for some action, the barn door scene was pretty intense. I thought Judith was a goner when Carl put her down to help hold the door....
      Last edited by rkgardner2003; 20 February 2015, 02:31 AM.

      Comment


        #4
        It was a slow episode but I liked it. Can't have a action packed episode every time.

        Comment


          #5
          I don't mind slow in general, and I don't think that every episode needs to have a lot of action, I just didn't like this one as much (or find it as interesting) as most of the other episodes overall. I gave it an 8/10 on another site (the same rating I gave to Still).

          I thought that something bad was going to happen to Judith when Carl put her down as well (I thought that then barn would suddenly flood or that something would fall on her). My mom ended up watching this episode with me, and she kept complaining about that poor baby having to be around all those nasty, scary things, and she kind of started yelling at the tv when Carl put the baby down on the muddy ground lol.
          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            For a moment I thought Walkers would come from the other side of the barn and eat Judith, but then I figured TPTB would never kill Judith and certainly not that way.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3


            My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

            Comment


              #7
              A grim two episodes. They're grieving but are unable to stop and mourn properly. So they walk in a daze. Thirsty, hungry, mourning. Some of them adopt a staggering, zombie-like gait as they walk along the gravel road. I thought to myself, "They're sorta like a group of Walkers."

              For me, their situation is summarized by the very first scene. Maggie sits crying at the base of a tree. A walker approaches & grasps for her from a foot away. She slowly, reluctantly rises and kills it. I think some of them wouldn't mind dying, if it was true death, but even that is taken from them. And so they plod forward, one foot after the other.

              Once again they are forced to wonder whether they are the walking dead.


              Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
              My mom ended up watching this episode with me, and she kept complaining about that poor baby having to be around all those nasty, scary things
              It was this episode, or the previous one, in which someone said that children are the lucky ones because they don't feel the loss of the old world. To them, it's not a post-apocalyptic world. It's normal.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                A grim two episodes. They're grieving but are unable to stop and mourn properly. So they walk in a daze. Thirsty, hungry, mourning. Some of them adopt a staggering, zombie-like gait as they walk along the gravel road. I thought to myself, "They're sorta like a group of Walkers."

                For me, their situation is summarized by the very first scene. Maggie sits crying at the base of a tree. A walker approaches & grasps for her from a foot away. She slowly, reluctantly rises and kills it. I think some of them wouldn't mind dying, if it was true death, but even that is taken from them. And so they plod forward, one foot after the other.

                Once again they are forced to wonder whether they are the walking dead.
                I like that part with Maggie and the walker towards the beginning. The past two episodes did do a good job of showing how tired (physically/mentally/emotionally) everyone had become. I also really liked Rick's talk/speech in the barn, and Sasha and Maggie's talk towards the end.


                Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                It was this episode, or the previous one, in which someone said that children are the lucky ones because they don't feel the loss of the old world. To them, it's not a post-apocalyptic world. It's normal.
                That's true, but my mom was worried about the actual baby in real life lol.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  I actually really liked this one i know it was a filler, but the walkers actually seemed scary again (ya know in the barn with the whole flock of them) and i quite liked the character interaction in this one.... although Sasha kinda pissed me off i hope she dies soon either in 5b or 6a, never liked her really

                  I also like that this series seems to have abit of a direction again, something i feel its lacked since The governor, i haven't read up to this part in the comics but the new character seems intriguing

                  Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  My mom ended up watching this episode with me, and she kept complaining about that poor baby having to be around all those nasty, scary things, and she kind of started yelling at the tv when Carl put the baby down on the muddy ground lol.
                  Spoiler:

                  too bad she's dead
                  Last edited by mr_kennedy; 22 February 2015, 12:50 AM.
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

                  Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I thought this episode was great.

                    To date, there's not been a whole lot of actual "survival" in this show. Running low on water I don't think they've reallly tackled before... And gotta love the dog scene!!! I wondered what on earth Rick was going to do with that stick... LOL

                    They are now quite a large group, and they're out in the open, struggling just to find food and water. We don't have to run from set piece to set piece. Here we just amble along, getting I imagine a sense of what the characters went through in the months that they were in the wilderness after they lost the Prison.

                    And yes... Mr Neat Clothes is very intriguing!
                    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                      That made me lol, I kind of feel bad for laughing though. I miss Lizzie and her sister (whose name I can't remember).
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 23 February 2015, 09:30 PM. Reason: remove IMG tags
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                        To date, there's not been a whole lot of actual "survival" in this show.
                        Who remains from the first camp outside Atlanta? Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl... anyone else?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                          Who remains from the first camp outside Atlanta? Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl... anyone else?
                          Glenn.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Oh yes, but I mean, it's never looked quite this bleak... We've had eps where for instance they were concerned about water... etc, but this one really was like they'd hit rock bottom...
                            as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X