• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Know Who You Are (320)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON THREE
    I KNOW WHO YOU ARE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 320
    The team seeks to recruit speed force scientist Tracy Brand to their cause, knowing that in the future she will find a way to trap Savitar. While Joe weighs his future with Cecile, Barry unmasks the truth of his enemy's identity.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 May 2017, 10:06 PM.

Uhm, what the heck is going on? Is that a Future future Barry or how is this possible?
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I rather gather they are trying to imply he went insane after present Barry met future Barry in 2024, a kind of self fulfilling prophecy, remember the newspaper article mentioning missing Flash is dated a few weeks AFTER the events of episode 19 so is not referencing hobo future Barry hiding in Star Labs watching holograms but what happened after present Barry's visit.

Part of me hopes they're pulling a fast one and Savatar is actually Barry's son or there is some other warped twist, because I can't for the life in me ever see anybody considering travelling through time to kill the love of their life as being a solution to their problem when they know full well that the death of said loved one is the very event that started them off down the insanity path..... but I suspect that's to much work for them to actually try and explain logically so send Barry insane and send him back to kill Iris is the logical storyline they've phoned in instead.
      Last edited by Ian-S; 03 May 2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Wait, what??? Haha, I thought we had all worked that out anyway...

Comment

I have a feeling there's going to be some nonsensical paradox in this season's story, even though once again it would be inconsistent with the rules of how time travel works in the show, which would make it inconsistent even with the beginning of this season.

I mean, Savitar remembering how things played out and therefore knowing what Barry would do already doesn't make sense, because he's now changing how they play out. Presumably things are already different because Barry knows who he is while his other future self did not. Thinking back, I don't think they've ever bothered to actually try and make sure any of their big bads' stories ever fully made sense.
          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 03 May 2017, 11:24 AM.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            Uhm, what the heck is going on? Is that a Future future Barry or how is this possible?
            I think he is.. Remember back in S1 when Eobard had that time vault we kept seeing "FLASH DISAPPEARS" as the headline on that news paper from 2040 or so.. SO maybe some villan Trapped him using what's her names formula. And eventually he became savatar from being trapped there...

Comment

I think Savitar is one of Barry's time remnants that somehow didn't die. The time remnant's memories would end at the time point Bar created it at. He needs the suit to contain his energy. Without it, he would disipate. This is why Savitar says YOU took everthing away from me.

Comment

The more I thought about this, the less sense it makes. The reason that Killer Frost kidnapped Joe's girlfriend was so she could kill the doctor, which itself was something she tried to do because Savitar told her to. She has no interest in Tracy Brand otherwise.

The entire confrontation only happened because Savitar caused caused it to happen, so how could he remember living through it as Barry if it was only created by his time traveling interference?
                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 04 May 2017, 12:16 AM.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Is this a different time line Barry it's really the only explanation. Why would he want to kill Iris tho the is so confusing.
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

Presumably the implication is that Iris' loss eventually turned him into Savitar, so he wants to kill her to make sure that he comes to exist. The problem is that it doesn't explain how he became Savitar the first time, unless history is immutable, which we know it isn't.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      Presumably the implication is that Iris' loss eventually turned him into Savitar, so he wants to kill her to make sure that he comes to exist. The problem is that it doesn't explain how he became Savitar the first time, unless history is immutable, which we know it isn't.
                      Okay, so we are apparently in Time Travel paradox hell. Then there is only enjoying the story and not even bothering with how this is possible.

It certainly was a nice finale and I was fevering for Cisco every time he went against Killer Frost and freezed. He could have lost his hands then and there, but I guess it happened somewhere in the Woods in a flashback if I am not wrong.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Is this maybe earth 2 Barry? Did earth 2 Iris die or just Joe? If it was Iris maybe this is revenge eye for an eye type of thing. I really hope they do a good job explaining it before the end of the season
                        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                        sigpic

Comment

If it was Earth 2 Barry, then why would he know or care about Earth 1 history? Also Earth 2 Iris didn't die and Earth 2 Barry doesn't have speed.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            The more I thought about this, the less sense it makes. The reason that Killer Frost kidnapped Joe's girlfriend was so she could kill the doctor, was because Savitar told her to. She has no interest in Tracy Brand otherwise.
                            And in the College scene. WHY DIDN'T barry just speed up to Frost and KO her, rather than running to that bunsen burner thinggy, kick it in and snap his fingers? which imo would hve taken LONGER than jsut a quick straight line KO punch would have..

Comment

If you stopped to complain about everytime a speedster in the Arrowverse didn't use their superspeed to easily solve a problem they should have been able to, you'd never finish an episode of either show they were in.

It happened so many times in this episode alone, from both Savitar and Barry. I'm mostly just numb to it now.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X