Salvage (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    This was probably the best yet, simply because the "expolration" of the stealth ship.

Unfortunately, this series doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. It's something I'm watching because I want to like it, not because I can't wait to see what happens next.
    If you're a reader I suggest you check out Leviathan Wakes. Then maybe you'd understand why I had been anticipating this show so much. It's not as good as the book, but it's pretty close, and it is the best thing I'm currently watching. I wish I knew what it is that's not working for you.

Comment

I do like to read, but I don't have time to indulge. Hell, I can't keep up with the TV I want to watch.

I haven't read the material I gather this series is based on, so I'm coming in fresh.

Basically, I am sick and damned tired of what is passing for sci fi these days. With few exceptions, all we are getting is stories about a near future dysfunctional human society, with humans fighting, scheming and conniving against other humans. I've seen human squabbling till I'm blue in the face. The names, places, and details vary, but the song remains the same.

What I want to see is something where humans are exploring the unknown, or maybe even humans in a situation that is truly new, and how they solve problems. Ascension could have been a good show, had the original idea Sci Fi had advertised really been what it was about.

We already know humans treat each other like shiznit. Nothing new to explore there.

Comment

I do like to read, but I don't have time to indulge. Hell, I can't keep up with the TV I want to watch.

I haven't read the material I gather this series is based on, so I'm coming in fresh.

Basically, I am sick and damned tired of what is passing for sci fi these days. With few exceptions, all we are getting is stories about a near future dysfunctional human society, with humans fighting, scheming and conniving against other humans. I've seen human squabbling till I'm blue in the face. The names, places, and details vary, but the song remains the same.

What I want to see is something where humans are exploring the unknown, or maybe even humans in a situation that is truly new, and how they solve problems. Ascension could have been a good show, had the original idea Sci Fi had advertised really been what it was about.

We already know humans treat each other like shiznit. Nothing new to explore there.
        I've said it before - give it time.

The books are easy reads, quick and light going unlike some hard sci-fi like Banks, Hamilton and Reynolds.

Comment

Nothing new to explore there.
          You did see that black goo, that reacts to radiation, did you? You did see Julie in the end? There's lots to explore here.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X