• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvage (108)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE EXPANSE - SEASON ONE
    SALVAGE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108
    Holden's crew discovers a stealth ship hidden inside an asteroid, and find something frightening in the darkness when they go on board looking for answers. While Avasarala tries to intervene on Holden's behalf, Miller arrives on Eros in search of Julie Mao.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2016, 09:25 PM.

I loved this episode. So far, it's probably my favorite episode of the season (along with episode 4). I can't wait until next week.
    sigpic

Comment

Grrr....more non-book stuff similar to "Windmills". Don't understand why the keep doing this. The stuff is odd and doesn't seem to add anything to the story. And unless they are really going to compress the last two episodes, there are not going to finish the book.

Sure wish they'd have an official "The Expanse" discussion area where the authors would talk about why they put in the all the changes.

Comment

You mean the Earth parts, Fred Johnson, or that they reversed the order of the discoveries (finding the Anubis without Miller before finding Julie in the hotel room)? The main parts of the episode were all book parts just slightly different. In Windmills the main parts were not in the book at all.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          You mean the Earth parts, Fred Johnson, or that they reversed the order of the discoveries (finding the Anubis without Miller before finding Julie in the hotel room)? The main parts of the episode were all book parts just slightly different. In Windmills the main parts were not in the book at all.
          The stowaway guy is not in the book, well he is but he is following them and never interacts with them. In the book they go to Eros, not the side trip to the asteroid. The hit team in the hotel is not Earth security but the rogue security outfit that's part of the bio-weapon developers.

So a lot of hamburger helper which has cost them probably two full episodes (and added nothing to the story) and now they have two episodes to finish the book that they are maybe 60% through.

I'd be OK with them moving it along and getting to the end of "Leviathan Wakes" in two episodes but it sure looks like they plan to leave the last 20% of the book for next years episodes which makes no sense since it will create a odd break in the series next year as they transition from Leviathan Wakes to Abaddon's Gate which is years later.

It also creates a problem in where to end season one if not at the end of Leviathan Wakes.

Comment

A very nice episode. What's great about 'The Expanse' episodes (at least the better ones) is that they seem to be much longer than just 42 mins.

In this episode, several times I had a feeling that it's ending. But no, it just kept on going and delivering.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPDX View Post
              The stowaway guy is not in the book, well he is but he is following them and never interacts with them. In the book they go to Eros, not the side trip to the asteroid. The hit team in the hotel is not Earth security but the rogue security outfit that's part of the bio-weapon developers.

So a lot of hamburger helper which has cost them probably two full episodes (and added nothing to the story) and now they have two episodes to finish the book that they are maybe 60% through.

I'd be OK with them moving it along and getting to the end of "Leviathan Wakes" in two episodes but it sure looks like they plan to leave the last 20% of the book for next years episodes which makes no sense since it will create a odd break in the series next year as they transition from Leviathan Wakes to Abaddon's Gate which is years later.

It also creates a problem in where to end season one if not at the end of Leviathan Wakes.

In the book, they go to the asteroid and find the stealth ship after they see it (the asteroid) mentioned in Julie's notes. So they do go to there, only it's after they find Julie and Miller is with them.
              sigpic

Comment

This was the best ep so far, and I do believe they'll finish off the Leviathan Wakes storyline next week, when all along I was sure they couldn't do it. I've had a few quibbles about the adaptation so far, but for the most part they're crushing it. Best work Thomas Jane has ever done, and Wes Chatham finally has me convinced he is Amos Burton. I just wish they had 13 eps this season so they could have fleshed out the characters more, given more screen time to Naomi and Alex. It's going to be a long, agonizing wait for Season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                  A very nice episode. What's great about 'The Expanse' episodes (at least the better ones) is that they seem to be much longer than just 42 mins.

In this episode, several times I had a feeling that it's ending. But no, it just kept on going and delivering.
                  Same here, I kept checking the time to make sure I wasn't watching a double length episode or something lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                    I just wish they had 13 eps this season so they could have fleshed out the characters more, given more screen time to Naomi and Alex.
                    There's really not much on them in Leviathan Wakes as far as backstory. They are all hiding pasts they are running away from but only Holden's background is explained. One thing they did in Windmills was add in a backstory on Holden, why did a kid who had everything runaway to join the military.

Backstories on all of them in the final book and there's a novella just on Amos and where he comes from.

Hope you are right about them fitting it all in but by back end loading it, they are going to have to really leave a lot out to finish it up.

Comment

i havent actually read the books, but you cant expect a tv adaptation to completely line up with the source material, and isnt it a bit more exciting when you dont actually know what might be coming exactly

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                        i havent actually read the books, but you cant expect a tv adaptation to completely line up with the source material, and isnt it a bit more exciting when you dont actually know what might be coming exactly
                        That is why the chose the source material in the first place. And with a long series, no reason not to pretty much tell the whole story. The video has to change how it tells it the story but no need to change the story unless it serves a purpose.

That's why it would be good to talk to the authors since they were in on the TV series adaptation.

Comment

This was probably the best yet, simply because the "expolration" of the stealth ship.

Unfortunately, this series doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. It's something I'm watching because I want to like it, not because I can't wait to see what happens next.

Comment

The authors are actually very active on social media etc;

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheExpanse/
                            https://twitter.com/ExpanseSyfy
                            https://twitter.com/TheExpanseWR
                            https://twitter.com/JamesSACorey (This is Ty Franck)
                            https://twitter.com/AbrahamHanover

Lots of questions already answered but if you have more, just ask them

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheExpanse/...the_subreddit/
                            Last edited by Katch; 28 January 2016, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the links.

Comment

Working...
                              X