• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murphy's Law (104)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON ONE
    MURPHY'S LAW
    EPISODE NUMBER - 104
    Clarke discovers that her friend was killed by one of their own, inciting the camp into a murderous fury. On the Ark, Abby and Raven attempt a risky, black market negotiation for a part that will allow them to complete the drop ship more quickly.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

Previous tally: 96/101

###

And so they learn about rules... the hard way...

Charlotte is quite the little psychopath, if you ask me. It was that defining moment where they go nuts over Murphy and string him up that led me to keep watching. TPTB of The 100 are clearly not afraid of a little outside of the box thinking - there's an actual struggle for survival going on and these kids would cross boundaries without thinking about the consequences of their actions.

At the same time we have Abby up in the Ark breaking the law (again), driving Raven to complete the pod and fall down to Earth to find out what's going on.

I think I wouldn't be lying if I said that this is most definitely one of my favorite episodes of the season, possibly the whole two seasons we've had so far.

###

Tally:
    Total teenagers left standing - 96

Charlotte throws herself off a cliff and is presumed dead.

Total of 1 death

95 teenagers still alive of the 101 sent down.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What gets me about this ep, is Abby (clarkes mom) was the one
      Spoiler:
      responsible for turning in their father (her husband) for breaking the rules, and trying to tell the arc residents the truth, but now SHE is the one breaking the rules. Great irony imo

Also i am lovin "gaeta's character on the arc.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        What gets me about this ep, is Abby (clarkes mom) was the one
        Spoiler:
        responsible for turning in their father (her husband) for breaking the rules, and trying to tell the arc residents the truth, but now SHE is the one breaking the rules. Great irony imo
        She was in denial, tried to do right thing I imagine and it cost her husband's life. Although, in her defense, she thought Jaha was going to talk Jake out of going public, instead he floated him.

Comment

I have to catch up to FH

I think the important part of this episode is showing how Belamy and Murphy are different. They both present as these authorative type people who like to boss others around. The previous episode and this one show Belamy being a tough guy is just an act to protect his sister. While Murphy is just hateful of others. This point is illustrated when everyone (except Clark and Finn) are okay murdering Murphy when they find out he murdered Wells but are less anxious when its a little girl. The whole episode underlines a point from the running to the confrontation on the cliff with Murphy. Clark's idealism doesn't work nor is it okay for people to utilize a mob mentality like Murphy. This is the episode that change my opinion of the 100. Watching the girl sacrifice himself and Belamy's anger at Murphy for being responsible for her death really spoke to me on how flawed these characters are. The Ark story highlights Ark life and shows how terrible it is. The whole pressure regulator shows how much criminal activity there is. The interesting point is Abby has turned into her husband in how she risked her life to save the Ark. I remember the first time I watched this episode I didn't realize the last scene was to tell us the pressure regulator broke off
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I have to catch up to FH
            Plenty of time to do so, I don't have time this weekend.

Comment

I really didn't like how they skipped a week between when Wells was killed and this episode, but I guess they needed to speed things up so that Raven had the time to fix the pod so she could get down to Earth sooner, rather than later.

I think Clarke should have listened to Bellamy and not accused Murphy of killing Wells, especially not in front of everyone. Clarke wasn't prepared for the consequences of her actions and she seemed to really not expect everyone to try to hang Murphy. I can understand why everyone was so set on hanging Murphy though, he was going around camp treating everyone poorly, and unsurprisingly, he guy he peed on, was the one leading the charge. Bellamy went along with it to try to maintain some semblance of being their leader. He gave the crowd what they wanted and helped hang Murphy.

Clarke and Finn were completely against the hanging. If it wasn't for Charlotte confessing the crowd might have succeeded. I think she actually regretted what she did or didn't really understand the consequences of her actions and didn't want to see anyone else die because of her actions. To her, she was slaying her demon, the way Bellamy told her, but she took it the wrong way (she saw Wells as the Demon because his Father floated her parents). She seemed to have some form of PTSD or something from having her parents floated. When she explained why she was in prison with the others, she said it was because they told her that she attacked guard. The way she worded it made it seem like it was something that she could clearly remember. She was a traumatized/messed up kid. And since she was quiet and nice to pretty much everyone, no one wanted to see her dead, and that really made Murphy mad. He wanted Charlotte to pay for killing Wells, the way that they tied to make him pay. I liked that Bellamy was so protective of Charlotte.

I didn't like how quickly and conveniently Charlotte's fate was dealt with (she jumped to her death and it was over). Even Murphy's fate felt a little to easily dealt with.

I liked everything going on the Ark. Loved Raven and Abby. Clarke taking off her bracelet, to try to get back at her mom for what happened with her dad, caused Abby to speed up her efforts to try get to the ground. I hated the Nygel(?) woman, first she tries to pimp Raven out, then she turned Abby in.

I remember finding Kane really annoying during this episode, with the way he kept getting into Abby's business to see if she was going to screw up and break the rules. (though that kind of was his job, he just seemed to really have it out for Abby).

I hated the ending where Finn and Clarke get together just as Raven is on her way down to Earth.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X