This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    we saw 1 dinosaur scene worth a damn and it was in the finale with the t-rex going to the future.
    Their was more then one dinosaur in the show.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

you're really going to go with that?

i mean, yes, obviously, those fake looking raptor wannabes appeared a few times and attacked some stupid looking jeeps and a campfire.

but let's get real. For a show about the time period full of dinos - we've seen basically none.

just admit it.

Comment

you're really going to go with that?

i mean, yes, obviously, those fake looking raptor wannabes appeared a few times and attacked some stupid looking jeeps and a campfire.

but let's get real. For a show about the time period full of dinos - we've seen basically none.

just admit it.
        I don't admit things that aren't true. Your original statment was their are no dinosaurs in the show which is false. Everyone has different views what is enough dinosaurs so its a moot point to argue
        Jelgate is right

Comment

most dinosaurs very likely want to get out of the way of Terra Nova, because of it's big sonic cannons etc.

oh and did you forget the million or so dinosaur birds?

Comment

they spend half their time outside the compound.

face it. this is not me trolling. or being a turd. it's truth. stop and think about it.

the show had a chance to be huge, had a ton of hype, and totally, totally, blew it.

Comment

face it. this is not me trolling. or being a turd. it's truth. stop and think about it.

the show had a chance to be huge, had a ton of hype, and totally, totally, blew it.
              Truth requires facts not subjective opinions
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I sort of agree... well not about the dinos...they showed them several times and their effects That was enough for me. But I really think the show was disappointing first off why would they pick that time period to go back to? Wouldn't it have been more feasible to go back just after the dinos went extinct? ANd I think the acting was weak and too rainbows and unicorns by the end of the ep everything was just right as rain again....no matter how effed up stuff got That always annoys me. It had some nice elements...but it just seemed to be way too predictable and trite and so yeah I would be surprised if it got renewed but meh....it probably will cuz I didn't really like it all that much.
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                  I sort of agree... well not about the dinos...they showed them several times and their effects That was enough for me. But I really think the show was disappointing first off why would they pick that time period to go back to? Wouldn't it have been more feasible to go back just after the dinos went extinct? ANd I think the acting was weak and too rainbows and unicorns by the end of the ep everything was just right as rain again....no matter how effed up stuff got That always annoys me. It had some nice elements...but it just seemed to be way too predictable and trite and so yeah I would be surprised if it got renewed but meh....it probably will cuz I didn't really like it all that much.

The emphasis on drama is what got me a bit irked. Too much family drama and you're right no matter how screwed things got by the end of the episode everything was unicorns and rainbows....

BTW who's the cute avatar
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    The emphasis on drama is what got me a bit irked. Too much family drama and you're right no matter how screwed things got by the end of the episode everything was unicorns and rainbows....

If it was too "rainbows and unicorns" why watch it? I realize everyone is entitled to his/her opinion...but geeze...if I dislike a show that much I don't watch it.

And totally unrelated...I see the supreme negative one is back And I don't mean you coco pops.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                      That and they
                      Spoiler:
                      kinda blew up Terra Nova in the last episode.

No that was Hope Plaza that got blown up....... My favourite scene........ The tough guy yelling at Taylor "Do you know how much you cost us" or such and points gun at Taylor then the moment the dino looks at him he screams like a girl...

For some reason I just burst out laughing.
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

simple fact: animals are lazy. after the umpteenth failed attack by dinosaurs against humans with superior weaponry, they'd get out of the way.

since most dinosaurs' reward for getting close to the compound is either a bullet or a sonic shock, most would damn well know not to get too close. they'd rather stay away and not get blasted, and just catch some prey. especially since this is both true for predator and prey, as both would be reminded not to get close.

most animals are kept in their field by an electric wire. and believe me, they all know damn well not to touch it. my dog does not cross over to the street due to a shock wire. he won't even cross it when the wire is not there. and it's a clearly visible wire.

in short: most dinosaurs in the vicinity will know, even after a few years, that they should not get close to the compound and get blasted. same for most patrols. i bet dinosaurs know that there is a patrol long before the patrol knows there's a dinosaur.

even then, in most attack cases it was about a small, vulnerable group being targeted by a much, much larger group.

what truly surprises me is that you watch a show you hate so much.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          simple fact: animals are lazy. after the umpteenth failed attack by dinosaurs against humans with superior weaponry, they'd get out of the way.

since most dinosaurs' reward for getting close to the compound is either a bullet or a sonic shock, most would damn well know not to get too close. they'd rather stay away and not get blasted, and just catch some prey. especially since this is both true for predator and prey, as both would be reminded not to get close.

most animals are kept in their field by an electric wire. and believe me, they all know damn well not to touch it. my dog does not cross over to the street due to a shock wire. he won't even cross it when the wire is not there. and it's a clearly visible wire.

in short: most dinosaurs in the vicinity will know, even after a few years, that they should not get close to the compound and get blasted. same for most patrols. i bet dinosaurs know that there is a patrol long before the patrol knows there's a dinosaur.

even then, in most attack cases it was about a small, vulnerable group being targeted by a much, much larger group.

I don't comprehend this either...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

OH that is Yvonne Strahovski she plays Sarah in Chuck

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            If it was too "rainbows and unicorns" why watch it? I realize everyone is entitled to his/her opinion...but geeze...if I dislike a show that much I don't watch it.

And totally unrelated...I see the supreme negative one is back And I don't mean you coco pops.
                            well I said it annoyed me... I mean there were some redeeming qualities to the show that kept my interest enough for lack of something else better to watch on TV..and hoping it would turn around and get better....but alas it just kept disappointing me more and more

oh and you are the bright and cheery one? Since when?
                            Originally posted by jelgate
                            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Truth requires facts not subjective opinions
                              I saw the whole season - so, I am stating facts.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

Uh, did you not read the part where I said they spend half their time outside the compound running around? Everything you just said was about attacking the compound.

My wife liked it, so I watched it. And I wanted to watch it after FOX hyped it up so much and it was about DINOSAURS. I stuck with it just to see the story and if it got better.
                              It didn't.

I have no issues with you liking it, but you can't deny the faults.

Comment

Terra Nova had an interesting premise; help from one of the most famous world-renown directors of our time "Steven Spielberg" and some top billing but people didn't feel attracted to the series. Unfortunately you can include me within that group of people as I watched one episode of the show and I didn't feel a need to watch again; it's not bad or anything, I just didn't feel drawn towards the series as I did to fellow Fox sci-fi cohort Fringe.

Maybe it'd get a second season but only if Alcatraz manages to rate lower then it.
                                Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
                                X