X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomstone
    replied
    Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
    I don't think she is sadly. Shannon was in pretty rough shape, and he's a tough man - he nearly went deaf and he was knocked out for 3 days(?). I think Kara would have most deffinately not survived, she was weak anyway from being on 'Old Earth' and the fact that they have to use breathing apparatus and their food supply is rationed.
    When her and Shannon wre hugging at the portal I just knew something bad would happen, was actually shouting at them threw the TV to move! lol
    Yeah, I had the same reaction. Still I would have loved something more definat. Josh just said that she is Dead, he could have at least told us what happened to her. Just remember Sky's Mother, Taylor was certain she was Dead in her Grave and then the Sixers had her.

My first thought when seeing that Scene was "Is that a soldier from Terra Nova or someone who just came through the Portal that is bringing her away?"

Leave a comment:

• StarSancFar
    replied
    Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that Kara is still alive? The only thing that as been shown was that some soldier was bringing her somewhere while she was pretty injured. Shannon survived the Blast, then so should have she actually.

I don't think she is sadly. Shannon was in pretty rough shape, and he's a tough man - he nearly went deaf and he was knocked out for 3 days(?). I think Kara would have most deffinately not survived, she was weak anyway from being on 'Old Earth' and the fact that they have to use breathing apparatus and their food supply is rationed.
    When her and Shannon wre hugging at the portal I just knew something bad would happen, was actually shouting at them threw the TV to move! lol

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    I hope so too But its always good to speculate
    I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that Kara is still alive? The only thing that as been shown was that some soldier was bringing her somewhere while she was pretty injured. Shannon survived the Blast, then so should have she actually.

Leave a comment:

• StarSancFar
    replied
    Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    All of this speculation may be for not if we don't get a 2nd season...which I really hope we do.

I hope so too But its always good to speculate

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    All of this speculation may be for not if we don't get a 2nd season...which I really hope we do.

Leave a comment:

• StarSancFar
    replied
    Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    I was also thinking Bermuda triangle, but I somehow think that the fracture there is about the same as the portal in Terra Nova. Meaning that the Fracture is not opened up enough for something to pass through, unless huge amounts of Power are channeled into it. That is of course possible through the weather, just guessing that whatever gets hit there with a lightning will be swallowed by the fracture.

Also as I posted before in another thread, this Fracture might very well not connect to 2149 at all. The Fracture seemed to move in the same pace as both Timelines, otherwise Years could have passed in 2149 while a week passed in Terra Nova. So the new one should be the same. Meaning that if it was created at another time than the one that brought the People from 2149, then this Fracture will connect them to the equivalent of that Time difference and not to the Year they expect.

Making any usefulness of a new fracture kind of doubtful.

Though there was the Time glitch when Taylor first arrived in Terra Nova, so anything is possible.
    Yeah, the lightening would be a likely possibility considering there are plenty of storms out at sea
    I like the theory you have about the time differencial too.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    It's as valid of a theory as anything. And it was the prow of the ship, not stern. Figureheads were on the prow, front...unless I'm totally misunderstanding things.

I saw about the methane theory as well for the Bermuda triangle. and it's as valid as anything. Of course, my personal theory is a large iron meteorite that mucks up compasses (magnets, it's all magnets)

In any case, I do think there are multiple fractures, naturally occurring, some may last for years, others for hours. I think that's how the occasional guest star will show up, members from the future, people from alternate universes.
    Ah, its all about magnets! But I like that meteorite theory to the BT, there's loads of different explanations to it.
    Wouldn't it be awesome if more people showed up that way!

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    For me, the problem is that this shifts away from science-fiction in the direction of fantasy. Science-fiction is suppose to be speculative fiction, not ignoring science in favor of drama.
    Yeah, but if they just sidestep it a little bit and make it into it's own science, and make it believable, then it would be okay and still tie in with science-fiction genre. Plus, a lot of sci-fi shows have a lot of fantasy qualities about them, they intertwine a lot.

Leave a comment:

• morrismike
    replied
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    It's as valid of a theory as anything. And it was the prow of the ship, not stern. Figureheads were on the prow, front...unless I'm totally misunderstanding things.

I saw about the methane theory as well for the Bermuda triangle. and it's as valid as anything. Of course, my personal theory is a large iron meteorite that mucks up compasses (magnets, it's all magnets)

In any case, I do think there are multiple fractures, naturally occurring, some may last for years, others for hours. I think that's how the occasional guest star will show up, members from the future, people from alternate universes.
    Nearly all of the commercial nickel production on the earth originates from a single asteroid impact in Canada. The tramp nickel that shows in copper ore is pretty insignificant. It is quite possible there are large ferromagnetic objects imbedded in the earth crust. The only problem is they'd be "on" constantly and easy to track down.

Leave a comment:

• morrismike
    replied
    Ships and planes go down in the Bermuda Triangle, because of buoyancy and lift. I saw a demonstration on a talk show (Jay Leno?) years ago where they brought on a scientist. He had a table with a tub of water, a toy boat, and a toy plane. He showed how gasses rising up from the water screw with the buoyancy of the boat, causing it to sink. It also messed with the plane, causing it to drop from the air. I was dumbfounded at how simple it all was.
    You are talking about disrupted methane hydrate deposits on the ocean floor.

Leave a comment:

• Snowman37
    replied
    Oh yeah, I know there's a reasonable explanation, but this is a sci-fi show and they like to bend the rules So maybe the rift is underwater, and when the boats/planes sink, they enter the portal - that would keep in with the reasonable explantion for sinking but give a reason for dissapearences
    For me, the problem is that this shifts away from science-fiction in the direction of fantasy. Science-fiction is suppose to be speculative fiction, not ignoring science in favor of drama.

Leave a comment:

• Skydiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    I just watched the finale of Terra Nova (t'was amazing!) and after seeing it, me and my mum thought up a theory to why the stern of the ship was found in the bad lands:

A rift is/was open somewhere else on Earth in the 18th century, maybe in the bermuda traingle and a ship sailed into it accidently, ended up in the bad lands and therefore the stern of the ship was found. I'm thinking this also works with the strange dissapearences in the bermuda triangle - maybe everyone that got lost there ends up in Terra Nova. I'm also thinking that maybe the rift is under water, and so sunken ships end up in TN too...
    All of this means that maybe with the Hope Plaza portal being destroyed and everyone thinking there is no way back/from there, that maybe the other rift is still accessible and maybe becomes the prominent rift (like with Stargates)

Any thoughts?
    I was also thinking Bermuda triangle, but I somehow think that the fracture there is about the same as the portal in Terra Nova. Meaning that the Fracture is not opened up enough for something to pass through, unless huge amounts of Power are channeled into it. That is of course possible through the weather, just guessing that whatever gets hit there with a lightning will be swallowed by the fracture.

Also as I posted before in another thread, this Fracture might very well not connect to 2149 at all. The Fracture seemed to move in the same pace as both Timelines, otherwise Years could have passed in 2149 while a week passed in Terra Nova. So the new one should be the same. Meaning that if it was created at another time than the one that brought the People from 2149, then this Fracture will connect them to the equivalent of that Time difference and not to the Year they expect.

Making any usefulness of a new fracture kind of doubtful.

Though there was the Time glitch when Taylor first arrived in Terra Nova, so anything is possible.

Leave a comment:

• StarSancFar
    replied
    Ships and planes go down in the Bermuda Triangle, because of buoyancy and lift. I saw a demonstration on a talk show (Jay Leno?) years ago where they brought on a scientist. He had a table with a tub of water, a toy boat, and a toy plane. He showed how gasses rising up from the water screw with the buoyancy of the boat, causing it to sink. It also messed with the plane, causing it to drop from the air. I was dumbfounded at how simple it all was.
    Oh yeah, I know there's a reasonable explanation, but this is a sci-fi show and they like to bend the rules
    So maybe the rift is underwater, and when the boats/planes sink, they enter the portal - that would keep in with the reasonable explantion for sinking but give a reason for dissapearences

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    And perhaps that's why Lucas and his posse retreated there, to exploit a naturally-occuring wormhole. My friend also suggested that the ship might be sign of an indigenous civilization. Guess we'll findout.
    Yeah, that would be a good reason to go there
    We've been wondering about the start of life of man, we're wondering if man has already been 'born' yet or not, that would be an interesting story line to find a camp of people from Original Earth

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Interesting theory....and something to think about.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    I just watched the finale of Terra Nova (t'was amazing!) and after seeing it, me and my mum thought up a theory to why the stern of the ship was found in the bad lands:

A rift is/was open somewhere else on Earth in the 18th century, maybe in the bermuda traingle and a ship sailed into it accidently, ended up in the bad lands and therefore the stern of the ship was found. I'm thinking this also works with the strange dissapearences in the bermuda triangle - maybe everyone that got lost there ends up in Terra Nova. I'm also thinking that maybe the rift is under water, and so sunken ships end up in TN too...
    All of this means that maybe with the Hope Plaza portal being destroyed and everyone thinking there is no way back/from there, that maybe the other rift is still accessible and maybe becomes the prominent rift (like with Stargates)

Any thoughts?
    Interesting theory....and something to think about.

Leave a comment:

• StargateWatcher
    replied
    And perhaps that's why Lucas and his posse retreated there, to exploit a naturally-occuring wormhole. My friend also suggested that the ship might be sign of an indigenous civilization. Guess we'll findout.

Leave a comment:

• Snowman37
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X